Real Talk. I'm scared. Are you?

Are you scared?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Famous last words here

We were 10th, we are now holding down the last wild card spot and I predict by feb 1st we will be further down than that.

December exposed us and killed us.

For me the rest of the year is about working out the kinks and what we have. Trying to move a guy like gagner to open a spot for benson. Waiting for Benning to cine back and decide do we move him or Russell.
do you ever get tired of being so negative??

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
This is indeed, a terrifying stretch of hockey coming up.

Calgary and Vegas not doing the Oilers any favors last night

Connor out, Kassian likely out awhile, Neal out... and the division in a deadlock.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
The Oilers are 11 games above 0.500 hockey. Playing 0.500 hockey rest Of the season means 93pts. The first line is either inIR or suspended and slump is a possibility but I will increase estimation to 93-95pts and the team makes playoffs.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Shout-out to the everything is fine and we got this crew. Way to not be overly emotional, overdramatic, and keep a level head during the early stages of the year.:thumbu:

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
This past weekend could've been a huge swing in the other direction, two HUGE wins.

Good to see the team coming together in adversity, they're showing a lot of heart.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
I'm scared.

In most areas of my life, certainly, but for these purposes I'm specifically referring to the Oilers.

Every person that roots for the team must be thrilled with the Oilers current position in the standings, blown away by the production of McDrai, more than satisfied with goaltending, happy with the new coach and GM, and still shocked (like really, really... really shocked) that our new GM traded a very expensive boat anchor to our division rival for a player that is currently tied for 10th in the league in goals.

The powerplay is currently first in the league at 32.5%, and the penalty kill is second in the league at 87.1%. I've heard coaches say the goal is to have the sum of those percentages be greater than 100%. The Oilers are currently at 119.6%

The team is 17-9-3, good enough for first place in the Pacific Division, which looks to be quite easily the worst division in the league. We've also just passed US Thanksgiving, which historically is somewhat of a significant predictor of playoff teams for the season.

But.....

For some reason, maybe it's just Oilers hockey PTSD... I can't help but also be waiting for the other skate to drop, and can't help be concerned that at some point, we'll be fighting for a wild card spot.

Surely things can't go this smoothly, can they?
Yes, it’s fun isn’t it? Caring? Checking standings? It’s fun. Feels unnatural. Lol

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
playoff-odds.png

These are the "just the math, ma'am" odds for each point total to make the playoffs for the Oilers & the record the Oilers would need to hit said point total.

9-12-2 is >70%.

Reactions: Senor Catface

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Shout-out to the everything is fine and we got this crew. Way to not be overly emotional, overdramatic, and keep a level head during the early stages of the year.:thumbu:

I voted “not yet, but I know I will be” and you know what, that was right.

I shat brix through December, but alas I’m pretty happy now.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
playoff-odds.png

These are the "just the math, ma'am" odds for each point total to make the playoffs for the Oilers & the record the Oilers would need to hit said point total.

9-12-2 is >70%.

I know this is getting way ahead of myself but I also like its "most likely 1st round opponent" section

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Even if we fall apart and go 10-13 the rest of the way, for us to drop out of a top 3 spot in the Pacific Calgary needs to go 12-9-1 and Arizona 12-8-1. It could happen but I highly doubt the Oilers won’t at least go .500 the rest of the way. Hopefully in a couple weeks we can shift focus and worry about whether we will be starting the playoffs at home or not.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Even if we fall apart and go 10-13 the rest of the way, for us to drop out of a top 3 spot in the Pacific Calgary needs to go 12-9-1 and Arizona 12-8-1. It could happen but I highly doubt the Oilers won’t at least go .500 the rest of the way. Hopefully in a couple weeks we can shift focus and worry about whether we will be starting the playoffs at home or not.

We are a better road team so I wouldn't mind not starting at home. Still IDC just keep winning a playoff berth will be incredibly good for this franchise and this year the West is wide open compared to the last time we went.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
We are a better road team so I wouldn't mind not starting at home. Still IDC just keep winning a playoff berth will be incredibly good for this franchise and this year the West is wide open compared to the last time we went.

It's the match-up. I have no problem starting on the road against Vancouver or Vegas, but I don't want the Avs or the Blues.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

That’s a good point, and there would be a bit less pressure on the team if they were to start on the road. For some reason I don’t want the Canucks in the first round. They seem to match up fairly well against us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad