Online Series: Reacher (season 2 Dec 15 2023)

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Not as big a fan of the Justice League crossover Reacher Season 2. Reacher plays both Superman and Batman. Neagley is Cyborg, Serinda Swan even looks just like Wonder Woman, The blond guy is attempting comic relief as the Flash. Bad Luck and Trouble is not one of my favorite Reacher books so I was a little disappointed it got a screen treatment so soon in the series. Looking forward to Season 3 when they go back to the original formula, hopefully.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not as big a fan of the Justice League crossover Reacher Season 2. Reacher plays both Superman and Batman. Neagley is Cyborg, Serinda Swan even looks just like Wonder Woman, The blond guy is attempting comic relief as the Flash. Bad Luck and Trouble is not one of my favorite Reacher books so I was a little disappointed it got a screen treatment so soon in the series. Looking forward to Season 3 when they go back to the original formula, hopefully.
They are shooting season 3 already from what I read. So, unless any of the other books are like season 2, you will get your wish. Guess they wanted to do something different and give some more insight into Reacher.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
They are shooting season 3 already from what I read. So, unless any of the other books are like season 2, you will get your wish. Guess they wanted to do something different and give some more insight into Reacher.
Season three is based on the same book the Tom Cruise movie is on. Season two belongs straight in the trash can.

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He also has the same number of "teammates" this season as last season.
The teammates are different, though, because they're equally smart and capable, from the same background and all close friends. They're an actual former team. They're not less capable, regular folk that Reacher, the lone superhuman, meets for the first time and builds working and personal relationships with.

Season three is based on the same book the Tom Cruise movie is on.
That rumor was apparently shot down.
Last month, when we revealed that Reacher Season 3 is filming, we also reported a rumor that the third season could be based on Lee Child's ninth novel, "One Shot" published in 2005. However, sources close to the production have now indicated that the third season is not based on "One Shot," however, there is no info on which book the third season will be adapted from.
https://moviesr.net/p-reacher-season-3-shuts-down-filming-just-a-few-weeks-after-it-began

Last edited:

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
This is different because 1) he's just one member of a team of equally smart and capable people from the same background, 2) he's almost always with one of them, and 3) he's already close friends with all of them. This is more of a "superhero friends team adventure" than "superhero who prefers to work alone but nevertheless has to work with people he just recently met" story.

https://moviesr.net/p-reacher-season-3-shuts-down-filming-just-a-few-weeks-after-it-began

There was a reference in this season to Reacher helping that character (James Barr) out “awhile back,” so in the universe of the show it seems like they’re skipping that.

Also, there were two Tom Cruise Reacher movies (not specifically responding to you with that).

Reactions: Osprey

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This is different because 1) he's just one member of a team of equally smart and capable people from the same background, 2) he's almost always with one of them, and 3) he's already close friends with all of them. This is more of a "superhero friends team adventure" than "superhero who prefers to work alone but nevertheless has to work with people he just recently met" story.

He also kind of referenced One Shot in one of the episodes (when they're in the car to NJ), so I'm guessing the events of that took place off screen?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I take back my earlier comment. Season 2 is definitely a step in the wrong direction. So freaking melodramatic and the illusion of danger with no consequences is a hallmark of bad writing
Curious what changed your mind, assuming you didn't get a sneak peek at today's episode.

I've enjoyed the season so far. I remember the books very well, which makes it easier to accept this story with Reacher surrounded by a team, versus his usual lone-wolf thing. He's still in character here, only in a different setting. I liked the book, even if it wasn't my favourite, and, so far, I like the TV series as long as Alan Ritchson continues to nail the part.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Curious what changed your mind, assuming you didn't get a sneak peek at today's episode.

I've enjoyed the season so far. I remember the books very well, which makes it easier to accept this story with Reacher surrounded by a team, versus his usual lone-wolf thing. He's still in character here, only in a different setting. I liked the book, even if it wasn't my favourite, and, so far, I like the TV series as long as Alan Ritchson continues to nail the part.

The episodes come out Thursdays. I think he had seen the latest when that comment was made

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1704467266757.jpeg

Reactions: Primary Assist

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
The episodes come out Thursdays. I think he had seen the latest when that comment was made
That is correct. @Lshap , thank you for asking for my thoughts.

One of my biggest pet peeves in drama is when characters are put in super high stakes environments (let's say under heavy machine gun fire as a not so random example) and... Nothing happens. Now I don't want to spoil anything for the most recent episode, but when you have characters that would be summarily killed in real life escape this high pressure situation then it makes me question everything else going on in the show, and it makes me think that the writers just do everything in service to the plot rather than letting the actual story breathe out and turn out the way we would expect it to in that bummer called real life.

In other words, if I wanted to watch a lackluster superhero show I would just turn in Disney+. For Reacher, I don't want to fully disengage my brain and I expect at least something similar to the musclebound brainiac detective of the novels.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
That last episode was traaaaash.

The big thing that happened at the end of the episode literally didn't have to happen. Just wait 30 more seconds.

Reactions: I am not exposed

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I take back my earlier comment. Season 2 is definitely a step in the wrong direction. So freaking melodramatic and the illusion of danger with no consequences is a hallmark of bad writing

My sentiments as well!

Yeah that last episode was poor. The action parts especially.

That last episode was traaaaash.

The big thing that happened at the end of the episode literally didn't have to happen. Just wait 30 more seconds.

What me and the Mrs were thinking as well.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was relieved that the silly conflict between Reacher and Russo was finally put to bed, though I had a feeling that Russo would die as soon as that happened. It's such a cliché. It was also nice to get some lone Reacher scenes near the end, but the rest of the end was a disappointment.

First of all, Reacher telling Neagley that they should leave while Mrs. Burns could hear and then her giving them away by answering was dumb. I expect Reacher to be smarter than that.

Next, Russo abandoning cover was so unnecessary. He could've covered the girl's escape just as well (and for even longer) while staying safely behind the car, especially since the preceding scenes established that the bad guys had such poor aim. Obviously, the writers wanted to have a dramatic sacrifice, but the effect is ruined when it's so pointless and forced.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Last night's episode was closer in spirit to season 1. As I've stated earlier in this thread, season 2 is certainly not without its shortcomings but I look forward to watching the finale nonetheless. Bring on dem Reacher cheeks!

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad