Re-sign Gonchar?

malton

Feb 17, 2009
I'd be flipping Gonchar at the deadline. I think he could fetch a decent return.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Remember when Weaver first arrived and how great he played so we re-signed him and now he's not good enough. Gonchar's been playing surprisingly well but let's not get carried away.

Also with older players they tend to struggle more when they play less, it's harder for them to get in a rhythm and so their play deteriorates even more. So planning on having him be a 6th-7th will might not work at all.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
One doesn't prevent the other. I wouldn't trade Gonchar though, he's an excellent mentor atm.

I agree about Gonchar. He's been a pleasant surprise.

You really don't want to fiddle too much with your winning team. There are no D players in Hamilton that are surely better than Gonchar.

I'd trade either of Weaver or Gilbert before Gonchar, and bring up Tinordi.

We also need to see Nygren once he's healthy and game fit.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'd be flipping Gonchar at the deadline. I think he could fetch a decent return.

Why the heck would we move Gonchar the way is playing and and helping Beaulieu move forward as a player being in the top 5-6 overall?

:shakehead

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
1 year 2 mill. Seems fair & reasonable. He still shows flashes of offensive and has been way more dependable defensively than I ever expected.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Between Gonchar, Allen and Weaver, 11million will be coming off the cap for D. Tinordi and Beaulieu should not cost more than 3.5 between the two per annual. That's 7.5 extra to sign someone.....I'm thinking Boychuk....should be able to get him around 5million a year...so much interest around him, don't think he signs with the Isles, he'll wait till July 1st and go to the highest bidder, HABS have the cap space and an attractive team to sign with, bit of wishful thinking here, just playing a bit of armchair GM

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Next season:

LD:
Markov
Beaulieu
Tinordi

RD:
Subban
???
Gilbert

Def that could male it:
Pateryn RD
Nygren RD

Bergevin must get rid of emelin and can't sign another LD because tinordi meads to play

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
Gonchar seems faster than Markov while pivoting and skating backwards. I'd offer him 1 year contract for sure if he can keep this up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad