GDT: Re: GAME 35 | Boston Bruins vs. Nashville Predators 12/23/14 7 PM NESN 98.5

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah, my cousin and I were wondering that. We didn't see him at first. But what are the odds? I happen to grab 2 tickets for the game and not only is it in the same section he sits in but also the same ROW! Crazy cool stuff.

I am glad you had fun. Maybe you are good luck. :)

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
$
Backup goalies who have a future in the NHL nearly always look good. They get sheltered starts and are always rested, healthy and mentally ready and looking to prove something. This isn't to undermine their play if they do well, but to remind you that succeeding in the NHL as a goalie has a lot to do with consistency. Can you maintain an incredibly high level day in, day out? Can you do it for more than a game, or a week, or a month, or even a season or two?

Svedberg could have 4 shutouts in a row in his next 4 games backing up Rask and it still wouldn't prove anything
except that he hasn't dropped the ball when it's been handed to him. He could still very well bust as an NHL starter afterwards. That's why you have to remember how rare guys like the aforementioned Price, Rask and Quick are. They've been the talk of the town for every year since entering the league, and continue to be so. All goalie stats prove that Rask has either been the best goalie in the league or atleast played at the utmost highest level for his entire professional career, and he's 27 and if he stays healthy has 10 years or more left in him.

Talk about consistency....that's what Rask is lacking this season.

The Bruins may have already screwed up by letting Michael Hutchinson go to Winnipeg, and I'd hate to see Svedberg go to another team after this season too.

Hutchinson just went into Chicago last night and stopped 38 of 39 shots for a 5-1 Jets win, and has looked better than Rask for most of this season....and he's only 24 years old, and makes a fraction of Rask's 7 mil @ $575,000.

If Svedberg got 4 shutouts in a row, that would mean he is NHL-ready, and I would trade Rask and his huge contract for a top line RW asap!

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
After 35 games

The 2014/15 Boston Bruins have Scored- 89 Goals

The 2013/14 Boston Bruins had 93 Goals

Let see if our Offense heats up in the 2nd half of the year like it did last year

Also we have given up 89 Goals in 35 games this year

in 2013-14 we gave up 82 goals in the first 35 games

Not much of a difference in GFs/GAs after 35 games

After 35 games last season the Bruins had 96 GF and 72 GA and a +24 goal differential.

This season they have 91 GF and 91 GA and a 0 goal differential. That is a significant difference.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
After 35 games last season the Bruins had 96 GF and 72 GA and a +24 goal differential.

This season they have 91 GF and 91 GA and a 0 goal differential. That is a significant difference.

And what effect did the loss of Chara and Krejci have on those numbers? At one point they were playing 3 rookie defenseman but not now.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Yea I messed up on the GAs

But the GF was 93-89

which is crazy considering our offense was so good last year and has looked so bad this year

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
$

The Bruins may have already screwed up by letting Michael Hutchinson go to Winnipeg, and I'd hate to see Svedberg go to another team after this season too.

Hutchinson just went into Chicago last night and stopped 38 of 39 shots for a 5-1 Jets win, and has looked better than Rask for most of this season....and he's only 24 years old, and makes a fraction of Rask's 7 mil @ $575,000.

If Svedberg got 4 shutouts in a row, that would mean he is NHL-ready, and I would trade Rask and his huge contract for a top line RW asap!

Khudobin had a great season last year and can't get out of his own way this season (and I know, he's on my fantasy team). Backup goalies are like that.

Nothing against Hutch, but he bounced between the AHL and ECHL while he was in the Bruins system and has had all of 16 NHL starts. Sure, he's riding a hot streak right now, but as the saying goes, don't go putting him in the Hall of Fame just yet.

Rask has bailed out his teammates plenty of times. Last night, they returned the favor. That's what teammates are for.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
:handclap: He did it for you Betsy ! :)

Marchy and Bergy looking good !

Sorry I missed you last night, Ladyfan. I wanted to come say hi before the game but the traffic was so horrible we got there with only time enough for a quick pit stop and to grab something to eat.

Could have been worse, though - terrible accident on the Mass Pike westbound and traffic was at a standstill for almost 30 miles. :amazed:

The game was great fun. :)

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Khudobin had a great season last year and can't get out of his own way this season (and I know, he's on my fantasy team). Backup goalies are like that.

Nothing against Hutch, but he bounced between the AHL and ECHL while he was in the Bruins system and has had all of 16 NHL starts. Sure, he's riding a hot streak right now, but as the saying goes, don't go putting him in the Hall of Fame just yet.

Rask has bailed out his teammates plenty of times. Last night, they returned the favor. That's what teammates are for.

I'm not putting anybody in the hall of fame.:shakehead

Just not happy with Rask's season so far, and his poor record against the habs.

I have a feeling Svedberg might be a good one, (although I could be wrong).... and would hate to see him on another team next season.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm not putting anybody in the hall of fame.:shakehead

Just not happy with Rask's season so far, and his poor record against the habs.

I have a feeling Svedberg might be a good one, (although I could be wrong).... and would hate to see him on another team next season.

That's why I wrote "as the saying goes..." That's a common coach's saying when someone goes overboard about a rookie. A dozen games does not a career make.

And sorry, but that the Bruins "screwed up by letting Hutchinson go to Winnipeg" is hindsight of the highest order. I doubt anyone, anywhere, was condemning the Bruins for letting him go at the time. And also I doubt, with Rask, Svedberg and Subban, that many today are doing so.

In the near future, I'd guess that the Bruins keep Subban in the AHL, add McIntyre to the P-Bruins roster next year, and let Smith go. Barring possible trades, of course.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary

I am surprised they are only 5 goals off the pace in scoring..

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
$

to bad the Bruins didn't see what they had in Hutch. I cut Cassidy a break on this because

A) it's the Christmas season
B) Cassidy was a defenseman and what does he know about goalies and forwards
C) I have a heart the size of Big Buff in the offseason

but I heard his teammates knew he was this good so that kind of sucks and Cassidy blew this apparently

I love Loui and Tuuka almost as much as Snow and Heat Mizer but my deal would guarantee league dominance for atleast until Buff decides he's done dieting.

Eriksson, Rask, and Claude for Byfuglien, Hutch, and Paul Maurice.

Byfuglien immediately makes our first line ass kicking big.

Hutch I can see some day being in the Hall of Fame.

Paul Maurice at least would give Spooner a chance and likes offense- plus if he stumbles we move quick on Kevin Dineen my real choice.

I really wasn't sure about posting this but if Chiarelli does read this board- I consider it my present to the Bruins organization to get back on track.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
When Hutchinson left I wondered what went wrong. I remember ready that he had a good chance of being a NHL goalie after the draft. The run down on him appeared favorable for him making it.

I would like to see in the long run how he does. Sometimes teams have less patience than we do on this board. :laugh:

I drafted him in a sim league back then, may I also add that I drafted Jordan Knackstedt too. :laugh:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
to bad the Bruins didn't see what they had in Hutch. I cut Cassidy a break on this because

but I heard his teammates knew he was this good so that kind of sucks and Cassidy blew this apparently.

i know you've got the kill cassidy movement in full force, but wouldn't hutch fall more under bob essensa's umbrella? if hutch was that good, i'd expect goalie bob to be in chia's ear on this.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
but I heard his teammates knew he was this good so that kind of sucks and Cassidy blew this apparently

Not so. Plenty of opportunity given to Hutchinson in Providence and never produced even by AHL standards; most teams would have cut ties much earlier.

ColdBru

Dec 17, 2014
Oakville, ON, Canada
to bad the Bruins didn't see what they had in Hutch.

Hutch I can see some day being in the Hall of Fame.

Well that's quite a leap from Hutch's good start this year.
Even Brian Boucher and his NHL shutout streak record is not HOF caliber.
Calder trophy winners Andre Raycroft & Jim Carey are not HOF material.
I can see Hutchinson not being in the HOF.

Goaltending is not the problem in Boston right now.
2 flaws for the current roster - 4th line and no 1st line RW.
Problem made worse by injuries to a number of defensemen and to DK.

Tuukka is allowed a bad goal or two. His body of work over several years is why he is a number 1.

I think its good to see B's management hold on to players whose market values increase significantly like Tuukka (I am trying to forget the nickel and diming of the Sinden era).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not so. Plenty of opportunity given to Hutchinson in Providence and never produced even by AHL standards; most teams would have cut ties much earlier.

It's a shame the coach went the entire year without ever doing one shoot out drill, working on face offs, see what he had in Michael 'the Wall' Hutchinson.

Love that you folks are going to give Boston a free pass. Someone has to call it like it is and I'll add it to my plate. To bad Artimus stops blindly defending players once they leave the organization it would save me some posts if she would defend till the ends of the earth but once you aren't in the black and gold you depreciate like a car driven out of the lot

I'm wondering if 2015 will be the year Claude says anything to Cassidy. Even hello would count.

Anyways Winnipeg developed Hutch and Boston didn't. Fact not opinion (I apologize if this upsets the Boston does nothing wrong crowd'

Merry Christmas

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i know you've got the kill cassidy movement in full force, but wouldn't hutch fall more under bob essensa's umbrella? if hutch was that good, i'd expect goalie bob to be in chia's ear on this.

Don't believe Bobby was down there all that much. If we can get Cassidy report on Hutch and the Providence TOI and penalty, power play, and hits while we are at the handful of open minded people might have a different opinion.

Look I know there is a lot of Cassidy lovers here but someone has to stand up and point things out.

I will let it go I know 99% want to believe there is nothing we could have done lol....plus I don't want to get an Aetimus cheap shot so close to me dipping into the eggnog

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
It's a shame the coach went the entire year without ever doing one shoot out drill, working on face offs, see what he had in Michael 'the Wall' Hutchinson. I'm wondering if 2015 will be the year Claude says anything to Cassidy. Even hello would count. Anyways Winnipeg developed Hutch and Boston didn't. Fact not opinion (I apologize if this upsets the Boston does nothing wrong crowd'
Merry Christmas

That couldn't be the same year Cassidy compiled the big 40 coaching wins with college free agents and ECHL call-ups in tow, oh, that was last year. Hutchinson decided to stop doggin' it once he got to St. Johns and realized his professional career was in jeopardy. I know Pete did talk to Cassidy this year and informed him a greenhorn would be the new GM trainee, and Pandolfo would be hanging around to add some kryptonite to the skill mix. Happy Holiday!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That couldn't be the same year Cassidy compiled the big 40 coaching wins with college free agents and ECHL call-ups in tow, oh, that was last year. Hutchinson decided to stop doggin' it once he got to St. Johns and realized his professional career was in jeopardy. I know Pete did talk to Cassidy this year and informed him a greenhorn would be the new GM trainee, and Pandolfo would be hanging around to add some kryptonite to the skill mix. Happy Holiday!

That makes sense why Claude is colder than a winter Winnipeg night to Cassidy he is a rising star in the organization and one 10 game losing streak from being replaced by him. That also explains the deep run last year with Mike Collins a free agent from they hockey east factory in Andover and Corey Kane from the ECHL.

So Boston is absolved from Hutch and getting released did it.

Hopefully history repeats itself and at least I'll know it wasn't Cassidy fault but the player realizing his career is in jeapody:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad