GDT: Re: GAME 35 | Boston Bruins vs. Nashville Predators 12/23/14 7 PM NESN 98.5

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is not directed at you because a lot of people bring him up, but I'd trade Subban in a heartbeat for legitimate help up front. Rask is what, 24, 25?

Plenty of time to draft another goaltender to take over for Rask in 6-7 years. Didn't like the pick from day 1.

Zane Gothberg.

Also, I feel like some people could hit the mega millions while riding a unicorn and wouldn't be happy. Nashville is a VERY good team. I wouldn't hesitate to put them in my top 5. And we just potted 5 on them to win a game where our goalie had a rough one. That's impressive.

Tuukka will bounce back next game and be his usual, awesome self. No doubt about it.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This is not directed at you because a lot of people bring him up, but I'd trade Subban in a heartbeat for legitimate help up front. Rask is what, 24, 25?

Plenty of time to draft another goaltender to take over for Rask in 6-7 years. Didn't like the pick from day 1.

Rask will be 28 in March.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Zane Gothberg.

Also, I feel like some people could hit the mega millions while riding a unicorn and wouldn't be happy. Nashville is a VERY good team. I wouldn't hesitate to put them in my top 5. And we just potted 5 on them to win a game where our goalie had a rough one. That's impressive.

Tuukka will bounce back next game and be his usual, awesome self. No doubt about it.

My worries about this team go something like;

1. Getting help up front
2. Health
3. Ridiculously low #of PP Opportunities.
4. Lots of other stuff

856. Rask
857. Who may replace Rask in 2020

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Just watched the 2nd and 3rd.. nice to finally see some offense. Those were some of the nicestb goals scored all year. Louie is on fire.

Rask needs to be better and he knows it. Hopefully he can pull it together the rest of the season..

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My worries about this team go something like;

1. Getting help up front
2. Health
3. Ridiculously low #of PP Opportunities.
4. Lots of other stuff

856. Rask
857. Who may replace Rask in 2020

:nod:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Still very young for a goalie. Goalie's often don't reach their primes until their early/mid 30s. Guys like Quick/Price/Rask who have been so good so young don't come around often.

No they don't, but I wouldn't exactly put Rask in the same category with Quick so quick. (pardon the pun).

Quick is 28 and has two Cup rings already, and although Rask has been an excellent goalie, I do not have full confidence in him.

He MUST improve his play against the habs before I'll jump on his bandwagon.

I'd really like to see more starts from Svedberg to see what he's made of. I might be wrong, but I have a good feeling about Sveddy....and he's only 25.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Chris Kelly deserves a little love

6 points in his last 5 games

On pace for 35 points if he keeps that up his 3 million dollar salary isn't all that bad

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
I'd really like to see more starts from Svedberg to see what he's made of. I might be wrong, but I have a good feeling about Sveddy....and he's only 25.
Backup goalies who have a future in the NHL nearly always look good. They get sheltered starts and are always rested, healthy and mentally ready and looking to prove something. This isn't to undermine their play if they do well, but to remind you that succeeding in the NHL as a goalie has a lot to do with consistency. Can you maintain an incredibly high level day in, day out? Can you do it for more than a game, or a week, or a month, or even a season or two?

Svedberg could have 4 shutouts in a row in his next 4 games backing up Rask and it still wouldn't prove anything except that he hasn't dropped the ball when it's been handed to him. He could still very well bust as an NHL starter afterwards. That's why you have to remember how rare guys like the aforementioned Price, Rask and Quick are. They've been the talk of the town for every year since entering the league, and continue to be so. All goalie stats prove that Rask has either been the best goalie in the league or atleast played at the utmost highest level for his entire professional career, and he's 27 and if he stays healthy has 10 years or more left in him.

Last edited:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
After 35 games

The 2014/15 Boston Bruins have Scored- 89 Goals

The 2013/14 Boston Bruins had 93 Goals

Let see if our Offense heats up in the 2nd half of the year like it did last year

Also we have given up 89 Goals in 35 games this year

in 2013-14 we gave up 82 goals in the first 35 games

Not much of a difference in GFs/GAs after 35 games

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
After 35 games

The 2014/15 Boston Bruins have Scored- 89 Goals

The 2013/14 Boston Bruins had 93 Goals

Let see if our Offense heats up in the 2nd half of the year like it did last year

Also we have given up 89 Goals in 35 games this year

in 2013-14 we gave up 82 goals in the first 35 games

Not much of a difference in GFs/GAs after 35 games

Absolutely,and last year they had a healthy Krejci and Chara through 35.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

On pace for 35 points if he keeps that up his 3 million dollar salary isn't all that bad

On the Loui goal he ended up getting tangled with someone and it ended up setting the perfect screen so Bart could make the pass to Loui and score.

He needs to score a few but he's done everything that he's been asked to and given 100%. Claude has misused him but now that Krejci is back. I hope that's over.

Really loved Bart's game last night. Best game I've seen from him in a long while.

Looch was not good last night. He had an opportunity to break away along the boards in the 3rd and instead of pushing through he just stopped and pushed the puck in the corner. He looks like he's a step behind on both the forecheck and backcheck.

My one hope going forward is that Soderberg use his body more. He's a big guy and needs to be a bit more physical and use his body more to gain better position on scoring opportunities.

All in all, good win, 3rd period was a bit scary and hopefully this is the turning point.

Glad to see vintage Bergy last night.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Great to see Kelly playing well and getting some credit. He timely goals were very missed against MTL last year.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
On the Loui goal he ended up getting tangled with someone and it ended up setting the perfect screen so Bart could make the pass to Loui and score.

He needs to score a few but he's done everything that he's been asked to and given 100%. Claude has misused him but now that Krejci is back. I hope that's over.

Really loved Bart's game last night. Best game I've seen from him in a long while.

Looch was not good last night. He had an opportunity to break away along the boards in the 3rd and instead of pushing through he just stopped and pushed the puck in the corner. He looks like he's a step behind on both the forecheck and backcheck.

My one hope going forward is that Soderberg use his body more. He's a big guy and needs to be a bit more physical and use his body more to gain better position on scoring opportunities.

All in all, good win, 3rd period was a bit scary and hopefully this is the turning point.

Glad to see vintage Bergy last night.

Bartkowski was a revelation,haven't seen a puck mover like that since I don't know when. He must have just said "to hell with it" or something. Lots of risk and reward with that style but I'll take it right now.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bartkowski was a revelation,haven't seen a puck mover like that since I don't know when. He must have just said "to hell with it" or something. Lots of risk and reward with that style but I'll take it right now.

Whatever it was, keep it up! I'm at the point where I trust Bart more than Krug right now.

I love seeing Seids and Bart together and developing some chemistry. Chiarelli's best trade looks even better.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

That talk not welcomed here:laugh:

Funny what happens when one slides back into a spot on the roster where they belong

Fun game, nice to see the boys head into the break with a few red lights going off in recent games

Bart had a great game, our new enforcer may have found some confidence from that Foligno scrap:)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
GloryDaze and Playmaker were big fans of Barts from the beginning and I owe them a tip of the cap...He's filling that 2nd pair LD exceptionally...Really wish #55 was on his right, but Seids will get better as he gets healthier.

Really would love to get an established first line RW or move Loui up and get a solid #3...

Team when healthy should be really competitive...I know nobody wants to play them round 1.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Sat next to Liam Fitzgerald tonight, the little guy that was fist bumping the team a few weeks ago on the bench. Was pretty awesome to meet him. :)

Also, glad to pick the game to go to this year that Loui scores twice. That made my night, and shut the guy up next to me about Seguin. :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sat next to Liam Fitzgerald tonight, the little guy that was fist bumping the team a few weeks ago on the bench. Was pretty awesome to meet him. :)

Also, glad to pick the game to go to this year that Loui scores twice. That made my night, and shut the guy up next to me about Seguin. :laugh:

Liam was down near the bench before the game.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Liam was down near the bench before the game.

Yeah, my cousin and I were wondering that. We didn't see him at first. But what are the odds? I happen to grab 2 tickets for the game and not only is it in the same section he sits in but also the same ROW! Crazy cool stuff.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Yeah, my cousin and I were wondering that. We didn't see him at first. But what are the odds? I happen to grab 2 tickets for the game and not only is it in the same section he sits in but also the same ROW! Crazy cool stuff.

Crazy who you can bump into at games. 2 weeks ago I bumped into the surgeon who operated on my daughter the week before and then 3 times in the men's room I run into the Statie that pulled me over 2 consecutive days and gave me a $300 ticket. Beat him in court!! Last year a guy was grumbling at my daughters getting up to pee and so I look over to say something and it's a friend of mine from grammar school I hadn't seen since 1976!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad