GDT: Re: GAME 35 | Boston Bruins vs. Nashville Predators 12/23/14 7 PM NESN 98.5

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It won't get better until the following 3 things happen :

1. Get a RW to play with Krejci/Lucic
2. Better goaltending from Rask, make that much better goaltending.
3. improved special teams

I don't know how we are going to get that RW prior to the deadline without giving something good back.Teams won't trade a good forward at this time of the year for draft picks or future prospects like Subban.

minpind

I don't even watch Hockey.......
Oct 4, 2014
Weymouth
At the start, it looked like the Preds were serious about winning this game, but it turned out they were Olli Jokinen.

That's how you do it boys:handclap:

Hairlarious!
olli_jokinen-640x360.jpg

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
On my way back from the game - what a fun one!!! I guess the Bs and Marchand heard about my woes and need for a win! I am still in shock from seeing so much offense. Was pretty nervous for some of the third period but they somehow held on.

Tuukka had a tough night but know what, I'm glad to see the offense bailing him out for once. Theyve let him down enough. Probably should have gone with Sveddy against Buff though. Thank god for no Rinne!

I had such a great time! The people around were unbelievably obnoxious but oh well. I'll tell more later when I'm not on my phone.

Good character win! We needed this so badly. Looked like a classic Bs game. Lucic still looks like dog **** though. Dare I say a winning streak in our future?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
On my way back from the game - what a fun one!!! I guess the Bs and Marchand heard about my woes and need for a win! I am still in shock from seeing so much offense. Was pretty nervous for some of the third period but they somehow held on.

Tuukka had a tough night but know what, I'm glad to see the offense bailing him out for once. Theyve let him down enough. Probably should have gone with Sveddy against Buff though. Thank god for no Rinne!

I had such a great time! The people around were unbelievably obnoxious but oh well. I'll tell more later when I'm not on my phone.

Good character win! We needed this so badly. Looked like a classic Bs game. Lucic still looks like dog **** though. Dare I say a winning streak in our future?

Glad you're OK....and yes, sure glad Rinne didn't play.

Rask didn't look comfortable in net tonight.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Rly dude.

I don't remember this team getting slack when dropping the second half of a back to back. Nashville is a very good team and we beat them. And scored more than 2. So let's be merry and appreciate it.

It certainly seems that they are finding their groove. Could be the start of a streak here.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Glad you're OK....and yes, sure glad Rinne didn't play.

Rask didn't look comfortable in net tonight.

Thanks bud! Arm and leg are a bit sore but nothing a good Bruins game didn't fix! Yeah, Rask looked really shaky. Played better in the last 40 but still was giving up rebounds all over the place. They've been playing him way too much. I think he's exhausted and clearly not confident right now.

It certainly seems that they are finding their groove. Could be the start of a streak here.

I've said it all along. Once Krejci and Chara are back in full swing, things will be okay. It took a couple games but we've been playing much better. All we need is a nice streak to get back into PO position. Except Lucic and maybe Rask, I think basically every player has looked SO much better in the last few games. We shall see.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It's great to be positive and all but I'm not sure I've seen anything to get excited about.Let's face it,we struggled to beat two teams playing the back end of a back to back.We got Rask,Chara,Looch and Sieds to name a few, playing like ****. Hope the Holiday break changes things.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
A win is a win. Who cares if it was a backup? We didn't make him look like Patrick Roy in his prime, which is a positive.

Tuukka looked way, way off tonight. I would love to see Svedberg play the rest of Decembers games; let Tuukka "reset", per se, for January and beyond.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
It's great to be positive and all but I'm not sure I've seen anything to get excited about.Let's face it,we struggled to beat two teams playing the back end of a back to back.We got Rask,Chara,Looch and Sieds to name a few, playing like ****. Hope the Holiday break changes things.

Yeah, it's hard to get too excited just yet, but as shaky as the B's have been playing so far this season, they're only 7 points out of 1st place in the Atlantic division.

Not that I think they can win the division, and I certainly don't want them to win the presidents trophy anytime soon, but what if they squeaked into the playoffs in the 7th or 8th spot and won the 1st round while somebody knocked off the habs.

Then I could start to get a little excited.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I can't wait until Ladyfan gets home and checks out what happened to this GDT after her little eggnog comment. #BilingualEggnogGDT with a side of roast beef and haiku. :handclap::handclap::xcheers:

It's funny seeing what one little comment turned into :)

Happy Birthday Sooshii ! The boys won for you.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't know how we are going to get that RW prior to the deadline without giving something good back.Teams won't trade a good forward at this time of the year for draft picks or future prospects like Subban.

This is not directed at you because a lot of people bring him up, but I'd trade Subban in a heartbeat for legitimate help up front. Rask is what, 24, 25?

Plenty of time to draft another goaltender to take over for Rask in 6-7 years. Didn't like the pick from day 1.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yeah, it's hard to get too excited just yet, but as shaky as the B's have been playing so far this season, they're only 7 points out of 1st place in the Atlantic division.

Not that I think they can win the division, and I certainly don't want them to win the presidents trophy anytime soon, but what if they squeaked into the playoffs in the 7th or 8th spot and won the 1st round while somebody knocked off the habs.

Then I could start to get a little excited.

Now that would be awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad