GDT: Rd1 G2: caPs @ caTs 7:30ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Need to be focused at the start of the game. They will come out hard and if they cant Get a goal they will be frustrated and desperate.
Yep its an age old plan for road playoff games. Weather the early storm everyone knows is coming - don't get caught out of position play simple safe sound structured straightforward Scott Stevens Seminesque hock to start the game. Ran out of S's clearly.

Reactions: Neil Racki

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I wish everyone understood this. Maybe just maybe he's not looking for the replacement with the best offensive play driving ability, maybe he's looking for the most defensively sound forward from among 5 different rookies to choose from? Maybe he's considering who is built to withstand what he expects to be an immense physical response from FLA?

At some point, the coach isn't idiot just because he doesn't play our favorite players.

Pretty sure both of them were not alive when the Panther's adopted the rat thing throwing them on the ice. What was that, 96?

Interesting fun fact, 96 was year two of four consecutive Stanley Cup finals sweeps, the last one being 98 when the Caps lost to the Wings 4-0. What a boring era of Cup finals. Four sweeps in a row. :help:
Panthers have done the rat thing since 1996. Every series was a loss but they still did it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
His last two goals squeaking under his arm gives me hope. Hopefully he's a little rattled now.
Remember Holtby on tilt after the Leafs were scoring goals on unexpected high tip plays? Tending is f***ing tough mentally physically defections screens they have to be the best PKer.. the whole 9 yards. Every other player rests 2/3rd of the game and they only get to sip water during whistles and pray they don't let in a softie. At least they don't get run aka Dale Hunted anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: um and Neil Racki

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I highly doubt we see Wilson in game 3.

If we get him back by Game 5 I think we’re lucky.

See ya on down the road.... that never means see you tomorrow. That reeks of week to week.

This just in:
May 5, 2022 for immediate release:

Tom Wilson announces retirement from professional hockey

Man, that accelerated quickly!

Welcome to HF Caps: where game-time decision > day-to-day > week-to-week > indefinitely > retired happens in the span of 4 posts! :help::eek3::sarcasm::thumbd::thumbu::hockey:

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Also remember Bob was making great saves early on last game. The score for the Caps could have been much higher. Keep rattling Bob.
I think Forsling made the two best saves of the game. Those two should s go in, it’s a laugher.

Not happy about Leason over CMM, but Lavi pressed all the right buttons for game one I guess.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
See ya on down the road.... that never means see you tomorrow. That reeks of week to week.

Lets help out Leason - slow dumps to the corner and let him go wreck Weegee
I don’t think it’s some ominous statement; no reason to infer it’s anything more than what it is: he is simply day to day and he doesn’t know when he’ll be back. NMU!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t think it’s some ominous statement; no reason to infer it’s anything more than what it is: he is simply day to day and he doesn’t know when he’ll be back. NMU!
Preparing myself for the worst. A true day to day it seems standard playoff protocol to at least leave Florida hanging until warmups.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This just in:

Man, that accelerated quickly!

Welcome to HF Caps: where game-time decision > day-to-day > week-to-week > indefinitely > retired happens in the span of 4 posts! :help::eek3::sarcasm::thumbd::thumbu::hockey:

Click bait....

... it worked!

BigWilly43

May 3, 2018
Maryland
Sorry to be negative but I fully expect a loss tonight. No Tom, 4th line broken up, no McMicheal or Protas (our 2 most promising forwards).

I think FLA will come out swinging (maybe literally) no way they lose 2 at home. Panthers win 3-2

Hope I am wrong.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Im not as high on CMC as most .. my guess is hes just not enough of a grinder and back checker. Doesnt win the board battles ...

Hes a center being asked to do wing things and its just not a mesh w the coaching staff right now?

Kinda like Vrana .. good player but not quite for this team at this time.

When he moves to center, the wrinkles will be ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad