RD Timothy Liljegren (2017, 17th, TOR) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Half of those guys never had any real hype, at least not on the Leaf board lol.

A lot of the time when people are whine about how dumb Leaf fans are, you look at the thread and it's literally 1-3 Leaf fans each making 1 homer post, then 30 posts from non-Leaf fans (often the same handful) reacting to them.
I gotta give you credit though, over the years you've proven to be more obsessed with Leaf prospects and fans than 95% of Leaf fans are.

What can I say, you guys give me lots of ammo to use ;)

Mar 12, 2009
What can I say, you guys give me lots of ammo to use ;)
Not really, ultimately it's a handful of homers (often the same handful, a couple of which I've come to learn post intentionally dumb homer posts, trolling to get rubes to bite and complain about the Leafs) whose posts cause the same people who dislike the Leafs, but are obsessed with them, to respond over and over again.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Game7 here Robert Thomas was available to be had instead of Liljgreb . Not a bust yet but that was a terrible terrible season for him.
Guys like Poehling chytl poehling jokiharju all available to boot

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Lots of tools but not quite the toolbox.

His defensive play has been improving though and he's starting to get some PP time and doesn't look out of place.

Next year could be a breakout year for him.
Well that's good to hear.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to get rid of him. I'm saying I don't foresee him ever playing in the NHL.
He still has plenty of time to become something.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Well that's good to hear.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to get rid of him. I'm saying I don't foresee him ever playing in the NHL.
He still has plenty of time to become something.
When I saw Rasanen in the CHL top prospect game pre-draft, I immediately put him on my DND list. Since then, he made the KHL at 19, put up better PPG in junior than comparables (size/style wise) like Mayfield, Carlo, Cernak, etc. and is now with the Marlies looking significantly quicker than before.

He’ll be a black ace for these playoffs, similar to Bracco last year, but I can guarantee you he’s in Keefe’s plans next year. He is a project worth the time.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
When I saw Rasanen in the CHL top prospect game pre-draft, I immediately put him on my DND list. Since then, he made the KHL at 19, put up better PPG in junior than comparables (size/style wise) like Mayfield, Carlo, Cernak, etc. and is now with the Marlies looking significantly quicker than before.

He’ll be a black ace for these playoffs, similar to Bracco last year, but I can guarantee you he’s in Keefe’s plans next year. He is a project worth the time.
Well you do make me feel better about the kid.
If there's something there, I will happily admit I was wrong.

Reactions: Saint Blue

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Be careful, this doesn't go well with the HFBoards narrative.

Bust only lol

But he has been great, we are lucky to have guys like him, Sandin, Hollowell, Rosen, and more coming up.
Stuff like that is exactly what some mean.

This is a open prospects board.

I havent read must bust comments but apparently people can't be critical.

Reactions: Canadienna and DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Stuff like that is exactly what some mean.

This is a open prospects board.

I havent read must bust comments but apparently people can't be critical.

I am literally joking, and I have seen comments like that, but I was not serious at all.

I don't care what people say, or what posters post, I know my team and prospects, and analysts give their opinions along with Keefe.

I get that this is an open forum for posting.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017

He didn't really make the KHL. He signed a contract there, sucked, and then was sent down to the finnish 2nd league.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
This thread makes me laugh. Honestly some of these posts are crazy.

How are you going to call a kid that just turned 20 years old and is playing on the top pairing on one of the best teams in the AHL, a future bust? Makes no sense.

If anything he’s ahead of schedule considering the amount of time he’s missed in his development the last few years. Heck, he’s ahead of schedule either way you look at it. Maybe it’s because he’s played with Sandin who’s put up historic numbers for his position and age in the same league but still, some of these posts are just ridiculous to put it politely and it’s apparent they haven’t watched him play.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
This guy is becoming a gym rat. Has added some significant size this season and is looking like a physical beast in the playoffs. In this video alone he looks like a different person than 2 years ago.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

He went back to Russia.... Signed for next year. He's not in the plans for at least another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad