RD Simon Nemec (2022, 2nd, NJD)

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Is he good or are there just no better Slovakian defenders so the coach had to choose him?
I would not say they had to choose him, there are also other solid 2002 and some 2003 defensemen but he convinced couches to choose him.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
tenor.gif
Is he good or are there just no better Slovakian defenders so the coach had to choose him?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's very interesting. Usually, I'd expect a player who ends up playing in Hlinka so young as a defenseman to be an early developer and very big and mature physically, but this doesn't seem to be the case with him. Looks quite good and smart out there. I wonder how he'll develop if he stays in Slovakia, though. Most of the top prospects have usually sought to play elsewhere during the last few pre-draft years.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Erik Cernak played in Slovakia until 18, same for Martin Marincin.

Is it confirmed that Nemec will play for the renewed u18 NT project next season?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Yes, it is confirmed. I think the project could still develop him at this age. After season he should go abroad (maybe Scandinavia)

Is there a roster for the team already somewhere?

There was a lot of talk about developing players in the u18 team, but I'm not sure if it's all that realistic and think that the u18 team will rather serve the purpose of making sure that we make instant promotion from Div IA.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Is there a roster for the team already somewhere?

There was a lot of talk about developing players in the u18 team, but I'm not sure if it's all that realistic and think that the u18 team will rather serve the purpose of making sure that we make instant promotion from Div IA.
As far as I know it is still not officially confirmed.
All I know is that our couches were trying to convince some players to stay in project during summer hockey camps.
I have heard only about few names till now.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
The 2022 Draft class is looking great. I could possibly see 10+ players being drafted IMO.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
:amazed: but still, everything is possible.

10 players does seem like a stretch given that the last time this happened was in the draft year that this class of players was born, haha.

I guess asides from the most important - how these players develop in the next few years - it will also be important what kind of reputation Slovak prospects build in the next few seasons.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
He signed with Nitra and will get some games in men league to become the youngest player that has ever played in Slovak league

He is still going to Team Slovakia u18 which will start the season in u20 league and then move to 1.liga, but as you said he will get some starts with Nitra in Slovak top league too.

Although I don't think he will be staying in Nitra long term, it does seem like a pretty good move given their recent track record with young Slovak players like Bucek and Lantosi.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
He is still going to Team Slovakia u18 which will start the season in u20 league and then move to 1.liga, but as you said he will get some starts with Nitra in Slovak top league too.

Although I don't think he will be staying in Nitra long term, it does seem like a pretty good move given their recent track record with young Slovak players like Bucek and Lantosi.

I can see, that he will stay there until his draft. After that, he will move to NA. And Nitra could see some money from NHL. Thats the idea of this move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad