RD Rasmus Andersson (2015, 53rd, CGY)

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Does this kid have his own thread?, if not he clearly deserves one. He is a great twoway d-man that is now starting to take a regular spot for Malmö in Allsvenskan (SEL-2). The kid is born late in 1996 so he is not eligble until 2015. As a matter of fact it's his birthday today he just turned 16. It's almost unheared of to play senior hockey in Allsvenskan at his age, plus he is looking like one of Malmös better d-man in the game I watched. He has 6 points in 8 games in Superelit too, and is over 1 ppg in his games for swedens u-16 and u-17 national teams. He is the younger brother of Ny Rangers draftpick Calle Andersson and son of ex-Nhl player Peter Andersson.

If Ramus Andersson isn't a topname for the 2015 draft, I would be very surprised, he got the complete package (other than size perhaps, 6'00 right now, but he got time to grow).

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomstick

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Not sure if being one of the better D-men in Malmö really say that much though. :laugh:

Malmö, soon in an outdoor rink close to you.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
rasmus has been really good! he enjoys playing a physical game which is nice. maybe he can play next wjc?

tomas w

allsvenskan is a good league and malmö has pretty good defence this year though..

more like djurgarden soon in an outdoor rink close to you. :D

Last edited:

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
He is playing very, very good at the moment. Looking like a quality d-man in Allsvenskan as a 16-year old. This is a exceptional talent, just watching him in the game between Malmö and Södertälje, and theres some great d-men in that game, like Cam Fowler and Nicklas Grossman, Rasmus Andersson is still the most exciting d-man in the game. 0+2 tonight.

Last edited:

Babula

May 31, 2012
Drafted by Lev Praha. I'm really curios about his future steps, now.

Babula

May 31, 2012
? Lots of swedes and finns gets drafted in the khl-draft, that doesn't mean they play in the khl

Why do you think, that I don't know it. He has 2 years left to nhl draft.

Well , I will following him more closely everywhere he will be. I'm just enjoying his career.

Last edited:

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
Malmö got one more defenseman to sign and judging by the rumors it looks like they are aiming for a stay-at-home defenseman. So I expect that Andersson will get a lot of ice time on the power play this season.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
He's really heavy 97 kg / 214 lbs and not that tall. Might try to slim down abit to improve mobility even further?

Last edited:

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Colts fan wondering what I should expect as it looks like Andersson will be reporting to Barrie for the upcoming season.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
He kind of stagnated in his development last year. Hopefully he plays well and gets picked up by a good team that can develop him properly.

Not sure playing in a pro league against men since 16 and then going to a lesser league to play against kids is very good for him, though. Guess we'll see how it works out for him.

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
Colts fan wondering what I should expect as it looks like Andersson will be reporting to Barrie for the upcoming season.
His hockey smarts/IQ or whatever you wanna call it is great. He sees the ice well. That part of the game reminds me a lot of his father Peter Andersson, but I guess not many non-Swedes (and non-Lugano fans) remember him. Probably the main reason why he has played senior hockey since he was 15 as it gives him that extra time needed to make plays while playing against men.

He is also pretty aggressive and physical in his style of playing.

He needs to work on his skating, endurance and strength. Losing the extra pounds and adding muscles instead would probably help with that.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
His hockey smarts/IQ or whatever you wanna call it is great. He sees the ice well. That part of the game reminds me a lot of his father Peter Andersson, but I guess not many non-Swedes (and non-Lugano fans) remember him. Probably the main reason why he has played senior hockey since he was 15 as it gives him that extra time needed to make plays while playing against men.

He is also pretty aggressive and physical in his style of playing.

He needs to work on his skating, endurance and strength. Losing the extra pounds and adding muscles instead would probably help with that.

Thanks! He sounds exactly what we need with Ekblad and one of our other top defencemen moving on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad