RD Nils Lundkvist - Luleå, SWE JRs (2018, 28th, NYR)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Miller has been a lot better this season than I expected, but there can't be a worse PP defenseman in the league. Rangers should drop the two defenseman on 2nd PP alignment to begin with, but Lundkvist and Jones are going to make a huge difference for our second PP unit not having Trouba and Miller, especially Miller, fumbling pucks and throwing the puck away under any pressure. That usually kills about half of the time the second unit gets.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Miller has been a lot better this season than I expected, but there can't be a worse PP defenseman in the league. Rangers should drop the two defenseman on 2nd PP alignment to begin with, but Lundkvist and Jones are going to make a huge difference for our second PP unit not having Trouba and Miller, especially Miller, fumbling pucks and throwing the puck away under any pressure. That usually kills about half of the time the second unit gets.
The second unit barley gets anytime to begin with but I agree with the take that KAM and Trouba aren't well suited to run a powerplay. Nils will fill the hole left from Fox's move to the first Unit

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
The second unit barley gets anytime to begin with but I agree with the take that KAM and Trouba aren't well suited to run a powerplay. Nils will fill the hole left from Fox's move to the first Unit
Or maybe Nils will replace Fox on the top PP(yeah, unlikely lol). Or could both be on it? It's gonna be awkward, both being right-handed. That shot of his begs for 1st PP time, though.

Reactions: John Snow

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Or maybe Nils will replace Fox on the top PP(yeah, unlikely lol). Or could both be on it? It's gonna be awkward, both being right-handed. That shot of his begs for 1st PP time, though.

We currently have four right shots on our first PP. The only left shot stands in front of the net, so I don’t think it’d be an issue if they were two of our four best PP options. I think it’s more likely that there won’t be more than one defensemen that’s one of our five best PP options. Fox isn’t even that good on the PP.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
We currently have four right shots on our first PP. The only left shot stands in front of the net, so I don’t think it’d be an issue if they were two of our four best PP options. I think it’s more likely that there won’t be more than one defensemen that’s one of our five best PP options. Fox isn’t even that good on the PP.
Interesting. He does have 20 PP points already.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Fox has literally been one of the best powerplay qb’s in the league this year what are you talking about

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Interesting. He does have 20 PP points already.

He’s not bad, but he’s better on the PK, better at ES, better in the defensive zone, better in the neutral zone. It’s probably the worst part of his game, not that he’s bad at it, but the reason DeAngelo played PP1 last season and Fox didn’t was because DeAngelo was better at it. The Rangers PP is a lot worse this season with the main reason being the lack of DeAngelo.

Reactions: John Snow and 42

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He’s not bad, but he’s better on the PK, better at ES, better in the defensive zone, better in the neutral zone. It’s probably the worst part of his game, not that he’s bad at it, but the reason DeAngelo played PP1 last season and Fox didn’t was because DeAngelo was better at it. The Rangers PP is a lot worse this season with the main reason being the lack of DeAngelo.

Uh, Fox was a rookie. So, why would that surprise you?

The idea that TdA is better than Fox at anything is amusing, though. I got a chuckle out of that.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
I concur that he should eventually be given the chance to run the top power play. His shot would be wasted on the second pp.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

This is comical, the Rangers' PP in the last 15 games in #1 in the league, early on in the season the reason the PP sucked was because arguably our most dangerous PP player, Mika Zibanejad had 3 points in his first 15 games and Panarin missed 12 games.

Reactions: slumpy43

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
This is comical, the Rangers' PP in the last 15 games in #1 in the league, early on in the season the reason the PP sucked was because arguably our most dangerous PP player, Mika Zibanejad had 3 points in his first 15 games and Panarin missed 12 games.
I guess maybe the argument is that the Rangers PP would be just as good without Fox, as it's fuelled by Panarin and Zibanejad. Last year, it was in the top tier (if I remember correctly) with DeAngelo mostly QBing it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I guess maybe the argument is that the Rangers PP would be just as good without Fox, as it's fuelled by Panarin and Zibanejad. Last year, it was in the top tier (if I remember correctly) with DeAngelo mostly QBing it.

DeAngelo was a good PP QB and did some things better but this year Mika is on an about 70 point pace, last year he was on a close to 100 point pace.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm just gonna leave these here and let you guys figure it out

175772106_10208615156334563_6552596308205225421_n.jpg

175711824_10208615156414565_6269197631220737068_n.jpg

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We currently have four right shots on our first PP. The only left shot stands in front of the net, so I don’t think it’d be an issue if they were two of our four best PP options. I think it’s more likely that there won’t be more than one defensemen that’s one of our five best PP options. Fox isn’t even that good on the PP

LOL. Have you watched the games this season?

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-19_0-22-8.png
    upload_2021-4-19_0-22-8.png
    677.3 KB · Views: 11

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Lol @ Fox not being good on the PP. The production speaks for itself and how many points did he miss out on due to Zibby's slow start?

Fox is great on the PP. And if Lundkvist ends up being better than him then the Rangers are going to have a top 5 PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad