RD Mitchell Miller - HK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia (2020, 111th, ARI rights renounced; signed by BOS, released) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think on your side, there is not a lot of thought about what other people say.

Just a refusal to accept different points of view which are necessarily false because obviously you are part of those who have the truth.

I acknowledge the point of view that he's served his punishment so to speak--I just outright reject it.

Everything he's done since the incident points to no remorse. That's it. If there was something that would clear his name, it would be out in the open by now, by his agent or any number of organizations he's been a part of or his own mouth or family. That no one (except you--hey, maybe there's a spokesman job for you opening up) is willing to bite the bullet for him and he's not willing to do or say anything himself other than further distance himself speaks volumes no matter how much you're trying to look past. Frankly he even got off easy in a court of law so all this "poor Mitch" rhetoric is a pile of crap.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I think something that isn't getting enough attention is that the NHL Network had Miller on the broadcast giving an interview after he was drafted (not all played give interviews, especially not on day 2).

No one did any research?

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I acknowledge the point of view that he's served his punishment so to speak--I just outright reject it.

Everything he's done since the incident points to no remorse. That's it. If there was something that would clear his name, it would be out in the open by now, by his agent or any number of organizations he's been a part of or his own mouth or family. That no one (except you--hey, maybe there's a spokesman job for you opening up) is willing to bite the bullet for him and he's not willing to do or say anything himself other than further distance himself speaks volumes no matter how much you're trying to look past. Frankly he even got off easy in a court of law so all this "poor Mitch" rhetoric is a pile of crap.

I don't see the connection between your message and what I just said.

I speak only of sportsman. It was foreseeable that Miller would continue his career in Europe.

But if you want to come back to the heart of the subject on which you have been going around in circles for more than 40 pages, on part 1 ...

You can't be forced to do what Miller doesn't want to do.

You can't be forced to be what Miller doesn't want to be.

Miller is racist. Living in a country where there are no blacks and where whites will not be in the minority in 20 years is all we could want for him.

He will not shatter the American dream.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Curious to know which is the next player that gets cancelled.

The unfortunate thing is he's the face of bullying in hockey players. Just like how Brendan Leipsic is the face of hockey misogyny.

• Wow
Reactions: mazmin

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Guess we wait and see. Either he carves out a career in Europe, or an NHL team someday takes a chance and comes up with justification they think won’t get slammed on twitter

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Y’all should have let ND and the Yotes develop him into a better player and person, now that may not happen and he’ll be getting millions. Stupid.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Y’all should have let ND and the Yotes develop him into a better player and person, now that may not happen and he’ll be getting millions. Stupid.

Imagine thinking the only way to become a better person is by being an NHL draft choice. Literally 99.99999% of the planet has no hope of ever attaining self-improvement if that is at all true.

Last edited:

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Why should I care whether Mitchell Miller earns millions of dollars? He can earn billions of dollars, for all I care, as long as he stays away from the NHL (since it appears pretty clear that he's not interested in becoming a better person, which was always the most likely outcome anyway, and which was never something the Coyotes, the NHL, or the University of North Dakota were interested in either).

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Because being an asshole and continuing to harass your target after going to court, then making a half-hearted fingers-crossed-behind-the-back "apology" only to the NHL teams who might draft him totally means he'd be open to redemption. Of course. :eyeroll:

As far as I'm concerned, Miller was less like a remorseful individual and more like a Siren; singing a song of his change to deceive a team into drafting him on the assumption he meant it. While a number of teams didn't fall for it, not all of them were wise to that; the most definitive number we have of teams that had him as DND is "at least 10", which does not entail the entire league, but one-third.

That the Coyotes were the ones who ultimately got burned doesn't mean they were the only team that may have drafted Miller.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Why should I care whether Mitchell Miller earns millions of dollars? He can earn billions of dollars, for all I care, as long as he stays away from the NHL (since it appears pretty clear that he's not interested in becoming a better person, which was always the most likely outcome anyway, and which was never something the Coyotes, the NHL, or the University of North Dakota were interested in either).

It’s interesting to hear from his supporters that he is now all of a sudden capable of making millions. I thought it was established in the last thread that being “cancelled” by the “lynch mob” had ensured Miller’s only path forward in life was to clean truck stop toilets with his own personal toothbrush? Glad to hear his fortunes have improved so quickly.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The KHL isn't going to be the redemption he thinks it is. That kid is not KHL caliber by any stretch of the imagination.

Reactions: xigon

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
It’s interesting to hear from his supporters that he is now all of a sudden capable of making millions. I thought it was established in the last thread that being “cancelled” by the “lynch mob” had ensured Miller’s only path forward in life was to clean truck stop toilets with his own personal toothbrush? Glad to hear his fortunes have improved so quickly.
His supporters? Are you aware some one can think Miller is a POS but also think mob mentality is getting crazy. Who is gonna be the next player cancelled?

Reactions: blindpass

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
His supporters? Are you aware some one can think Miller is a POS but also think mob mentality is getting crazy. Who is gonna be the next player cancelled?

But how can he be “cancelled” if KHL teams are apparently lining up to sign him? Almost seems like there really isn’t an omnipotent mob that can instantaneously take away every hope a person has of ever making a dollar. Crazy idea, I know, but just humour me.

Last edited:

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Cool -- so now we have TWO active dumpster fire Miller threads. Maybe just let the mods do their job instead of making a mess.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Miller is racist. Living in a country where there are no blacks and where whites will not be in the minority in 20 years is all we could want for him.

He will not shatter the American dream.

No idea why this is even relevant to anything really and it makes me wonder as a Canadian what exactly the American dream is anyways other than an ideal for some at best and really a myth for others.

I also don't think that the extra attention he is receiving right now is very helpfull in any sort of rehabilitation (in terms of exercise or remorse) for the teenager.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

I would hope that every player who violently abused a classmate for years with racist, dangerous abuse would be "cancelled" in the same way that Mitchell Miller was "cancelled."

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Imagine thinking the only way to become a better person is by being an NHL draft choice. Literally 99.99999% of the planet has no hope of ever attaining self-improvement if that is at all true.

You understand that the bulk of the outrage didn’t come and we didn’t really discuss this until after he was drafted, so that’s kind of a null point. What is the point is that the outrage put a spotlight on Miller’s actions and on the Yotes franchise who swore to make him a better person.

Miller, as a pick, has no guarantee of EVER making the NHL like a large number of prospects you probably never heard of and THAT is something that can be leveraged because IF he wants a shot he needs to change, cut the bs and actually feel remorse.

The Yotes have resources and their neck was on the line for drafting him. I guarantee you that Miller would have been the poster boy for anti-bullying and would have been put through programs, therapy, etc in the organization and you would have seen progress with him as a person.

Instead everyone went for the anger option and got him kicked him out of programs that could have reversed his way of thinking. Now we got a kid on the street whose had his negative beliefs reaffirmed by the outrage who will end up making millions.

You didn’t change anything, you just made it worse. People here keep talking about all that NHL money without realizing an organization like the Yotes has resources to help turn Miller around without him ever seeing a day in a Yotes or even an AHL uniform and with the negative press BEFORE Miller’s draft, the Yotes would have made a huge public effort to turn Miller’s way of thinking around to save face.

Instead y’all made them and ND take the easy way out with NO solution beyond letting Miller walk the proverbial street possibly worse than he was before. Like I said, stupid.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Instead y’all made them and ND take the easy way out with NO solution beyond letting Miller walk the proverbial street possibly worse than he was before. Like I said, stupid.

Proverbial only as he didn't lose his college scholarship. That's more than most kids can dream of.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
You understand that the bulk of the outrage didn’t come and we didn’t really discuss this until after he was drafted, so that’s kind of a null point. What is the point is that the outrage put a spotlight on Miller’s actions and on the Yotes franchise who swore to make him a better person.

Miller, as a pick, has no guarantee of EVER making the NHL like a large number of prospects you probably never heard of and THAT is something that can be leveraged because IF he wants a shot he needs to change, cut the bs and actually feel remorse.

The Yotes have resources and their neck was on the line for drafting him. I guarantee you that Miller would have been the poster boy for anti-bullying and would have been put through programs, therapy, etc in the organization and you would have seen progress with him as a person.

Instead everyone went for the anger option and got him kicked him out of programs that could have reversed his way of thinking. Now we got a kid on the street whose had his negative beliefs reaffirmed by the outrage who will end up making millions.

You didn’t change anything, you just made it worse. People here keep talking about all that NHL money without realizing an organization like the Yotes has resources to help turn Miller around without him ever seeing a day in a Yotes or even an AHL uniform and with the negative press BEFORE Miller’s draft, the Yotes would have made a huge public effort to turn Miller’s way of thinking around to save face.

For starters, “I” didn’t do anything- unless you think I personally have the power to dictate what NHL and NCAA teams do with their players. Unless you can provide proof my posts directly influenced either organization, you’re hyperbolizing as usual.

As for the rest of your post, I’ll restate my last response: do you really believe that the only path to self-betterment is to be an NHL draft pick or D1 athlete? If so, any single example of someone becoming a better person without those “resources” would succinctly prove you wrong. I am happy to provide such an example, but I just want to make sure you’re serious about that position first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad