RD Lassi Thomson (2019, 19th, OTT; claimed by ANA; claimed by OTT)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
OK at most. A bit lost with positioning maybe, since this isn't juniors anymore. Didn't get to showcase his shot, but obviously really wanted to, which resulted into a couple of bad plays. He did give a few very nice breakout passes though.
Thanks

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
OK at most. A bit lost with positioning maybe, since this isn't juniors anymore. Didn't get to showcase his shot, but obviously really wanted to, which resulted into a couple of bad plays. He did give a few very nice breakout passes though.

Really like his footwork at the show case, how were his feet?

Throughout everything I have seen and read sounds like hockey sense might be his issue. Very raw physically but has alot to work on from the cerebral side.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
And if he shows he might have potential to play at the IIHF Worlds in Switzerland in May, he will have plenty of time to convince Jukka Jalonen he's worthy of a roster sport by playing in all of Finland's pretournament games from early April on. Ilves can always be trusted not to go anywhere in the playoffs.

It's beginning to look like we can't be so sure about Ilves being Ilves anymore. The betting market currently has them ranked 4th in the 2019-20 FEL season, behind Kärpät, HIFK and Tappara. Regardless of how the season actually goes, merely being taken seriously in late August is the greatest achievement for hockey in Tampere in 18 years.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Pretty excited about this guy. I feel he is going to be a lot more productive then most have thought. He is a senator though and they are notoriously under rated.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Pretty excited about this guy. I feel he is going to be a lot more productive then most have thought. He is a senator though and they are notoriously under rated.
The senators have been one of the best drafting and developing teams, wish they had an owner worth a damn to actually keep them on the team.

Lassi will turn out to be a good one.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
aside from the great shots on the PP, how has he been playing (transition, defensively) thanks !

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
This guy was an absolute steal in Finnish fantasy hockey. Cheap as milk for someone with a shot like that who will get plenty of PP time.

I take it he's not on the same powerplay with Oskari Laaksonen. Which one of them is on the #1 PP unit?

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
I was at the game yesterday and followed his every shift (actually was rooting for Tappara but really wanted to see this kid live too).. And damn he's good! I was most impressed by his defensive play. So calm, and seemed to make the right decision every time. Played also PK (actually got one minus as Tappara scored just when one powerplay ended).
Seriously this guy guy looked better than Heiskanen couple of years ago. What a gem!

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The Sens have done very well in the past with finding stud D-men in the mid 1st round (Karlsson and Chabot). Lassi Thompson is putting himself in a great position to be the next one; hes another late riser with a huge toolbox and room to grow. That big shot of his is what scouts raved about, and all indications so far are that its even better than advertised.

Its very possible that the Sens could have the premier blueline in the NHL sometime in the next few years with Chabot, Brannstrom, Thompson, Bernard-Docker all being 1st round picks that are trending in the right direction towards their potential.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad