RD Lassi Thomson (2019, 19th, OTT; claimed by ANA; claimed by OTT)

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Not remotely similar, hockey sense is in no way similar to critical thinking.
upload_2020-8-31_13-40-21.png

everything is workable in life if you want it enough.
Every elements are trainable here. It's harder for someone without any hockey IQ because most of the time they are more lazy (on average) and when a player is lazy he will work less on his critical thinking, cerebral problems solving,etc.

read

What is Hockey IQ? — The Blue Line Hockey I.Q.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
View attachment 365094

everything is workable in life if you want it enough.
Every elements are trainable here. It's harder for someone without any hockey IQ because most of the time they are more lazy (on average) and when a player is lazy he will work less on his critical thinking, cerebral problems solving,etc.
Hey, you’d know better than coaches and players who have played the game their whole lives. Should show all the NHL players who would kill for better hockey IQ and work their whole life on hockey this diagram!

What a waste of money that program is, guess some will cater to it

Last edited:

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Hey, you’d know better than coaches and players who have played the game their whole lives. Should show all the NHL players who would kill for hockey IQ and work their whole life in hockey this diagram!
or ask the Hockey sense training program: The Hockey IntelliGym Hockey Sense Training Program.

Theres SOOO many ways to train and develops your hockey IQ, you simply want your answer to be right, a classic.

Reactions: Xspyrit

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
or ask the Hockey sense training program: The Hockey IntelliGym Hockey Sense Training Program.

Theres SOOO many ways to train and develops your hockey IQ, you simply want your answer to be right, a classic.
There’s a reason it’s a pay program, and CHL teams and NHL teams aren’t employing it.

You think guys playing their whole lives to make the NHL would know if something like that worked at the NHL level.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
There’s a reason it’s a pay program, and CHL teams and NHL teams aren’t employing it.

You think guys playing their whole lives to make the NHL would know if something like that worked at the NHL level.
ahhh yes, the "Hockey IQ and problem solving training is a big gimmick"

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
ahhh yes, the "Hockey IQ and problem solving training is a big gimmick"
Yes, NHL players using problem solving training to improve their hockey sense is futile, and not used to help the hundreds and hundreds of NHLers who hope to improve their hockey sense for that reason.

I’m sure Cody Ceci would turn a corner if he did 2 30 minute sessions a week for 6 weeks. Maybe makes a slight difference in 16 year olds still developing, certainly not NHLers.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Yes, NHL players using problem solving training to improve their hockey sense is futile, and not used to help the hundreds and hundreds of NHLers who hope to improve their hockey sense for that reason.

I’m sure Cody Ceci would turn a corner if he did 2 30 minute sessions a week for 6 weeks. Maybe makes a slight difference in 16 year olds still developing, certainly not NHLers.
I'm pretty 100% sure Cody Ceci could work this out like a lot of other players, but they never do. You need to work even harder than Power skating to train your Hockey IQ, it's a constant state of mind that can't be lift off, not a lot of players are ready to over-work this cerebral field and constant training.

Go look at all the great Hockey IQ player, they are all over-worker who never take a night off.

CURRENT EXAMPLE: Sam Bennett. Just look at him now, he finally undrestood to over-work his hockey IQ

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
How was this guy a first rounder? Only his shot looks like nhl ready and even then hes not capable of actually getting into positions to use it. Hes looking absolutely lost out there even worse when you look at hatakka a 6th rounder from the same draft playing on the same team who looks much better carrying the puck and making plays happen

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How was this guy a first rounder? Only his shot looks like nhl ready and even then hes not capable of actually getting into positions to use it. Hes looking absolutely lost out there even worse when you look at hatakka a 6th rounder from the same draft playing on the same team who looks much better carrying the puck and making plays happen
Sens WHL scouting has been suspect, at best, over the past 8 or so drafts.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
He's been playing very poorly ever since WJC's where he was arguably the worst on the team, he's completely invicible in Liiga and when he does have the puck he manages to cough it up in no time, just doesn't have even close to needed hockey IQ to play at this level, sad to say but it is what it is.

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
He's been playing very poorly ever since WJC's where he was arguably the worst on the team, he's completely invicible in Liiga and when he does have the puck he manages to cough it up in no time, just doesn't have even close to needed hockey IQ to play at this level, sad to say but it is what it is.
Guys honestly like the 10th best nhl prospect in ilves system right now lol

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
I remember being so frustrated with him at WJC. Didn´t he play quite a lot on the PP too?

Reactions: Ippenator

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
He seems to be have quite low hockey IQ for a player of that level. Quite good abilities otherwise honestly, But the clearly most important hockey skill, which is hockey IQ, seems to be barely Liiga level. I find it quite hard to see him even having an NHL career. I mean, you can obviously develop somehow with hockey IQ too, mostly by gaining more experience. But unfortunately for him his hockey IQ seems really like a glaring weakness. So it would have to improve really drastically. That big improvement with hockey IQ practically never happens.

Last edited:

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
He seems to be have quite low hockey IQ for a player of that level. Quite good abilities otherwise honestly, But the clearly most important hockey skill, which is hockey IQ, seems to be barely Liiga level. I find it quite hard to see him even having an NHL career. I mean, you can obviously develop somehow with hockey IQ too, mostly by gaining more experience. But unfortunately for him his hockey IQ seems really like a glaring weakness. So it would have to improve really drastically. That big improvement with hockey IQ practically never happens.
Thing is his IQ wasn't on a good display vs junior teams at the WJC's neither, i remember wanting to flip my sofa table upside down from watching him doing stupid decisions every second he was on the ice, and to think he was the captain aswell.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Thing is his IQ wasn't on a good display vs junior teams at the WJC's neither, i remember wanting to flip my sofa table upside down from watching him doing stupid decisions every second he was on the ice, and to think he was the captain aswell.
Exactly how I was feeling when I was watching him at WJC. That was the final eye opener for me really with his lowish hockey IQ. It was really horrible to watch him at the WJC. Just pure agony honestly.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Havent been watching Ilves, but 1st rounder with poor hockey iq and leadership qualities sounds like your typical lockerroom guy. Sbisa regen

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Exactly how I was feeling when I was watching him at WJC. That was the final eye opener for me really with his lowish hockey IQ. It was really horrible to watch him at the WJC. Just pure agony honestly.
Atleast he's not on the next WJC roster.. If i've understood correctly, and i think Brad is going to play for Team Finland so that's something to be happy about atleast.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Atleast he's not on the next WJC roster.. If i've understood correctly, and i think Brad is going to play for Team Finland so that's something to be happy about atleast.
I agree with this too. And when I have been kind of criticizing Brad Lambert’s hockey IQ, I hope you really realize that I absolutely don’t mean that he doesn’t have still good hockey IQ. My point with him was just that I don’t see his hockey IQ as really exceptional though, which I believe only makes a player a true superstar in the NHL.

But even if that would be the case with Lambert now, he is still an absolutely very interesting player and he should become a good or even very good player in the NHL at some point. Maybe even becoming a superstar some day isn’t completely out of question. But for that to happen he has to quite clearly improve his hockey IQ, which isn’t happening so easily with most young even very talented players. But lets see, only time will tell. And once again, I will be just happy, if I’m proven wrong with my critical prediction.

With Thomson though I’m honestly losing my hopes completely for him ever becoming even an NHL player.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
What happened with his skating? Seems like it has only regressed since his draft year. He doesn't have the time or the space to use his shot at all anymore.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad