RD Lassi Thomson (2019, 19th, OTT; claimed by ANA; claimed by OTT)

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Just turned 21 less than 2 months ago.

Has 1 assist in 3 NHL games while averaging just under 20 mins a game, just over 1 min on the PP and just over 2 mins on the PK per game

You seriously think he needs a change of scenery on another team?

I'm assuming you are mixing him and someone else up.

Maybe you are thinking Brannstrom?

You can see how talented he is with his skating and shot. Maybe I have higher expectations but he is young and still developing. I was hoping he would be that Montour/Vatanen beast haha. He’s just not consistent.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The points haven’t come yet, but he’s looked dynamic in the majority of games he’s played. Lafreniere has been more disappointing.

I didn't think he was good in the two games that I saw but I must probably be wrong and you must probably be right

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
You can see how talented he is with his skating and shot. Maybe I have higher expectations but he is young and still developing. I was hoping he would be that Montour/Vatanen beast haha. He’s just not consistent.

He was drafted in 2019. He's on track soo far.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Thomson in his first NHL game played more minutes than any rookie has ever played for Ottawa in their first game.

He was so good that he was paired with Chabot next game on our top pair and got his first NHL point en route to a win with depleted lineups.

Mr. Stat, en français on dit "c'est l'hôpital qui se fout de la charité"

You're right. I have no doubt that he must have had a good game that night. However, I have already seen him with honorable statistics without finding him good with Finland. But I'm probably wrong.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
got his first NHL goal tonight

EDIT: goal was changed to Sanford. Thomson gets an assist tho! lol

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Sens leaking goals all over the place but I feel the kid can hold his head up high tonight.

Hopefully he doesn’t get Brannstrom-ed for playing to good.

Also a good lesson in being patient with your high draft picks.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Sens leaking goals all over the place but I feel the kid can hold his head up high tonight.

Hopefully he doesn’t get Brannstrom-ed for playing to good.

Also a good lesson in being patient with your high draft picks.

Lassi isnt under 6ft tall so he has nothing to worry about

Reactions: SENStastic

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lassi isnt under 6ft tall so he has nothing to worry about

He is under 6'1" though. The difference between Brannstrom and Thomson off the puck at the NHL level has been night and day. As long as Thomson can maintain his current level, I have a hard time not seeing him on the NHL roster. There's still parts of his game that need to improve and some where Brannstrom is just better but with Thomson he hasn't given you much to worry about when he has been on the ice.

Reactions: Ippenator

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Thomson has put up 3 straight 20+ minutes performances as one of Ottawa's best D.

Over 23 minutes last two games and playing impressively well on the top pairing with Chabot. Had a +4 games 3 games ago as well.

Ottawa fans eagerly awaiting Jake Sanderson to come, but Thomson might be the biggest defensive asset we've had emerge for us this year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Every thread turns in to a shit show because the same few posters need to pound their chests regardless of if it's warranted or not. Give it a rest.

Hey let's slow down all fan bases pump up their guys don't they?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hey let's slow down all fan bases pump up their guys don't they?

Brave of you to make an appearance after your terrible takes.

Weird post to make when the guy he was referencing clearly had no idea and underrated Thomson severely. It's not a matter of pumping anyone. Thomson was playing good, one guy went on a 2-3 page crusade trying to convince others he wasn't and their players are lesser than other players; all false/unsubstantiated/trolling statements.

Sens prospects are among the most underrated on hfboards; go find another battle to partake in, lol.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Brave of you to make an appearance after your terrible takes.

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm, it's good to laugh once in a while don't you think?

Weird post to make when the guy he was referencing clearly had no idea and underrated Thomson severely. It's not a matter of pumping anyone. Thomson was playing good, one guy went on a 2-3 page crusade trying to convince others he wasn't and their players are lesser than other players; all false/unsubstantiated/trolling statements.

So what, that's what happens on HF Boards when fanbases overstate things then guys understate them and we get the back and forth, it's called an exchange of opinions.

Sens prospects are among the most underrated on hfboards; go find another battle to partake in, lol.

Everyman base thinks this about their prospect system, if you don't like message boards then you know what to do but don't make the mistake of people not drinking the koolaid as hating on a guy, it's not a good look.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I thought it was his offense that got him drafted as high as he went. Seems he's now selling himself on his defence. I wonder how his offensive game will develop.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I thought it was his offense that got him drafted as high as he went. Seems he's now selling himself on his defence. I wonder how his offensive game will develop.

No, not really. It's his 2 way game that's impressed. He's been very notable offensively. Which was why we liked him at the draft as well.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

There was a perceived myth around his draft that he was a low IQ, toolsy kind of player. And now hes proving that hes not. The kid bounced around leagues and continents more than a player his age should have been doing - and never got properly settled in until the second half of his rookie AHL season last year.

His offense seems to be coming along splendidly - he moves the puck up the ice very well, can walk the blueline with confidence. And his bomb of a shot is likely already the best on the team for blueliners, and it comes very much as advertised.
This sudden leap in hype amongst Sens fans is coming from his clear ability to defend well. We've been searching for the perfect RHD to play with Chabot on the top pairing - and to the surprise of many of us, Lassi is making a very strong case that he will be that guy. And sooner rather than later.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
There was a perceived myth around his draft that he was a low IQ, toolsy kind of player. And now hes proving that hes not. The kid bounced around leagues and continents more than a player his age should have been doing - and never got properly settled in until the second half of his rookie AHL season last year.

His offense seems to be coming along splendidly - he moves the puck up the ice very well, can walk the blueline with confidence. And his bomb of a shot is likely already the best on the team for blueliners, and it comes very much as advertised.
This sudden leap in hype amongst Sens fans is coming from his clear ability to defend well. We've been searching for the perfect RHD to play with Chabot on the top pairing - and to the surprise of many of us, Lassi is making a very strong case that he will be that guy. And sooner rather than later.
I really didn´t believe in this guy after seeing him play in the WJC etc but really happy he´s doing good :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad