RD Lassi Thomson (2019, 19th, OTT; claimed by ANA; claimed by OTT)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Time will prove you wrong me thinks.

It will be very very complicated with Askarov, Lundell and Holtz

Edit : new defeat 0-4 Thomson -3

Don't quiet ! This topic will go up with further rave reviews from Thomson to his next point on the scoreboard.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Thomson in his first NHL game played more minutes than any rookie has ever played for Ottawa in their first game.

He was so good that he was paired with Chabot next game on our top pair and got his first NHL point en route to a win with depleted lineups.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Sanderson is very very good

He is but he has you on Sillinger over Boucher but waht do I know I think that Ottawa really reach on their first 2 picks in the 2021 draft but what do I know as both guys are really progressing this year....well maybe not.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Thomson in his first NHL game played more minutes than any rookie has ever played for Ottawa in their first game.

He was so good that he was paired with Chabot next game on our top pair and got his first NHL point en route to a win with depleted lineups.

It's not like the Sens were missing any regulars due to some weird pandemic protocol but hey why bring in context eh?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Were you so excited to post this limp-membered retort that you failed to read the final two words of the post you’re quoting?

No I was drunk and got the games mixed up but he also got those MPG due to another guy (Zub) getting knocked out of the game early so my point still stands, its not like he has that distinction based on merit or anything.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
No I was drunk and got the games mixed up but he also got those MPG due to another guy (Zub) getting knocked out of the game early so my point still stands, its not like he has that distinction based on merit or anything.
Zub was back the next game but Lassi still played on the first pair. Kid looks really impressive, could be a potential top-4 defenceman. With Sanderson coming too this season, the defence will be much improved.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Can you borrow your crystal ball? It’s definitely a possibility, but I’ll wait until Sanderson plays an NHL game.

Even at the same level, compared to the shortages in the Ottawa squad (there are many though), selecting a left-handed defenseman was not the best thing to do.

5 years of reconstruction and still no center No. 1 nor depth at this position, no effective right-handed defender, no safe goalkeeper.

Yes Josh Norris, Shane Pinto, Filip Gustavsson but it takes more to dominate in NHL. All teams have players of this level.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Even at the same level, compared to the shortages in the Ottawa squad (there are many though), selecting a left-handed defenseman was not the best thing to do.

Disagree. I was of the opinion Drysdale was better player in vacuum but Sanderson was better fit for Ottawa and still stand by that. Actually Sanderson looks like his ceiling just as high now.

Sanderson's style of play will be much more effective in the playoffs and for Ottawa in general. Deploying Chabot one pairing and Sanderson the next will be monstrous. Zub and Thomson looking like solid counterparts for a balanced attack instead of overloading one pairing.

This is Thomson's thread tho.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Disagree. I was of the opinion Drysdale was better player in vacuum but Sanderson was better fit for Ottawa and still stand by that. Actually Sanderson looks like his ceiling just as high now.

Sanderson's style of play will be much more effective in the playoffs and for Ottawa in general. Deploying Chabot one pairing and Sanderson the next will be monstrous. Zub and Thomson looking like solid counterparts for a balanced attack instead of overloading one pairing.

This is Thomson's thread tho.

Take a left-handed defender in 5th position to overtake Thomas Chabot, not convinced.

I prefer the current situation in Ottawa to that of Montreal, but I am not optimistic either.

Stutzle is not very convincing this year.

PS: I am responding to a message that calls out to me about Sanderson. Logically, I'm talking about Sanderson.

I think the subject Thomson will sleep some time after his last performance and the team is off.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Take a left-handed defender in 5th position to overtake Thomas Chabot, not convinced.

I prefer the current situation in Ottawa to that of Montreal, but I am not optimistic either.

Stutzle is not very convincing this year.

PS: I am responding to a message that calls out to me about Sanderson. Logically, I'm talking about Sanderson.

I think the subject Thomson will sleep some time after his last performance and the team is off.

Stutzle isn't very convincing?
Oh you mean on the Ottawa senators team thats 4-10.
Oh you mean on that same team that's had covid problems for the last couple of weeks?
Oh you mean that kid who's 19 years old?
Gotcha.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Stutzle isn't very convincing?
Oh you mean on the Ottawa senators team thats 4-10.
Oh you mean on that same team that's had covid problems for the last couple of weeks?
Oh you mean that kid who's 19 years old?
Gotcha.

Disappointing in the sense that he did not take the expected step of a dominant offensive talent as Lucas Raymond does.

Reactions: Ippenator

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018

5 years of reconstruction and still no center No. 1 nor depth at this position, no effective right-handed defender, no safe goalkeeper.

Yes Josh Norris, Shane Pinto, Filip Gustavsson but it takes more to dominate in NHL. All teams have players of this level.
All teams have 21- year old centres who paced for 50 points in their rookie season, matching up against every teams first line? Would you care to list them them?

No effective right-hander? It’s clear you know nothing about Ottawa. There’s Zub who’s a top pairing defenceman, and either Lassi or JBD will fill the other spot, both who have top-4 potential.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Disappointing in the sense that he did not take the expected step of a dominant offensive talent as Lucas Raymond does.
The points haven’t come yet, but he’s looked dynamic in the majority of games he’s played. Lafreniere has been more disappointing.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I thought this kid would be another Brandon Montour. Maybe he gets a reset with another organization.

Just turned 21 less than 2 months ago.

Has 1 assist in 3 NHL games while averaging just under 20 mins a game, just over 1 min on the PP and just over 2 mins on the PK per game

You seriously think he needs a change of scenery on another team?

I'm assuming you are mixing him and someone else up.

Maybe you are thinking Brannstrom?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad