RD Justin Barron (2020, 25th, COL; traded to MTL)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
So while watching my favourite prospect play (Zadina) and evaluating other players like McIssac, I’ve noticed this 15 year old kid Justin Barron. He’s 2nd in team scoring (ahead of a 3 year older Jared McIssac) and playing solid on the back end as well. He was picked 13th overall in the QMJHL draft this year and has jumped in right away with some solid performances. Someone to watch out for!

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=294613

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
he should have actually went top 5 in the draft but was playing NCAA route.....he is a late birthday so is not ranked till 2020 NHL draft, but he is going to be a great one, very young and very talented....I think we will be talking about him for some time on these boards.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
How would you compare him to Kleven?
Kleven is all hype until we see him at the USHL level. People I trust say he's the best American for the 2002's along with Stranges. But, I'm always somewhat skeptical of kids until you see it at a legitimate level. Guys like Gildon and Wilde entered the USNTDP with sizable hype, and ended up slipping to the 2nd day. Now, Kleven could be a Seth Jones type who lives up to it. But outside of watching him at USNTDP tryouts, I don't think you can measure much when a guy is playing North Dakota High School Hockey. So much of playing D is reactionary that its hard to tell how guys will react as the game gets significantly faster.

Either way, Barron is looking good tonight, but pretty much everyone on Canada is. Not really sure how much you can learn about the Canadian kids this game. Games vs Sweden and then the knockouts should be more informative.

Reactions: 99664987

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
i was really impressed with his skating. An unknown for me. Very much interested in his progress now.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Barron looked real good in the game today...was skating well and making great decisions with the puck....this guy imo is a stud for the 2020 nhl draft...he gets high praise from who ever watches him

Reactions: G0bias

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
He busted hard in my EHM game...

Watch for a guy named Isaiah Schmidt, kid is good.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
He was amazing in the last two games. Great skating and incredible poise for a 2020 eligible. He made great decisions all game and control the PP. A great puck distributor in the offensive zone and he isn't afraid to advance deep into the opponent zone when he gets the puck.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bad game for Barron vs the US.. he was pressured more so that could have something to do with it. US forwards were quick to the puck in their Ozone.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Looks very good to start this season. What I find very interesting is with Halifax hosting the Memorial Cup, they naturally have a lot of good veterans. Yet Barron is still wearing an 'A' this season despite being 16 years old. And that's for the simple reason that he plays like a veteran.

It's going to be a lot of fun to watch him develop over the next two seasons.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Has some pretty good numbers for a young kid this year. Gonna get a chance to see Halifax play this weekend. Excited to see him and a few others in action.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2