RD Jeremy Roy - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2015, 31st, SJS)

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
His play just didn't live up to the hype this year. I came away pretty unimpressed in my own viewings and have heard others say the same.

Hopefully it was just a funk because I had high hopes for him as a 16 year old.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Seems like it's Proving once again that the QJMHL <for local talent> has become a tier 2 junior league in Canada
You have to start wondering if scouts believe that the Q is an inferior league with diluted talent

:help:

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Seems like it's Proving once again that the QJMHL <for local talent> has become a tier 2 junior league in Canada
You have to start wondering if scouts believe that the Q is an inferior league with diluted talent

The Q had 4 first rounders picked. It was Roy`s play, not the league he played in. Scouts got to see him play for Canada in 2 different tournaments as well.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Unfortunately, I must agree with you. He reminds me in his style of play, smarts, and physical skills as someone, I'm sure you have seen plenty of (looking at your location.) Many may feel that I'm exaggerating greatly, but I feel that his ceiling is Ray Bourque.

IMHO, I feel that his lower ranking may be due to him playing in a league that has a bad reputation for developing elite d-men.

You are not exaggerating.

He could very well end up being the best Dman of this draft class. Ahead of Hanifin, Provorov and Werenski

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

The Q had 30 players drafted
The O had 31 players drafted

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011

Im simply going to assume you are Trolling at this point as all of your posts are completely incorrect or disproven with statistics. :popcorn:

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
I really wanted him in Montreal. Good pick up San Jose he should be good.

Not Raymond Bourque good, but good.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
His upside is poor mans Ray Bourque. Similarities stylistically, but no comparison talent level wise. That said, Bourque was so amazing that a poor mans Bourque could be a #1 dman.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
So Jérémy Roy seems to be struggling putting points on the board, with only 2 goals and an assist in 10 games, while 3 d-men from Blainville-Boisbriand are ahead of him in the point department. Would it be possible that he's dedicating his season to improve his defensive side of the game (+6 after 10 contests so far), with a coaching staff who doesn't ask him to get involve in the offensive zone? Haven't seen him play one bit this year, so I really don't know. Poor production so far, for an offensive oriented 2-way D..

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So Jérémy Roy seems to be struggling putting points on the board, with only 2 goals and an assist in 10 games, while 3 d-men from Blainville-Boisbriand are ahead of him in the point department. Would it be possible that he's dedicating his season to improve his defensive side of the game (+6 after 10 contests so far), with a coaching staff who doesn't ask him to get involve in the offensive zone? Haven't seen him play one bit this year, so I really don't know. Poor production so far, for an offensive oriented 2-way D..

That's exactly what he's doing.

A ten game sample size of star-watching is nothing. Roy looked great at Sharks camp. The only thing to be worried about him is his goddamn ****ing injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad