RD Jeremy Roy - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2015, 31st, SJS)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Jeremy Roy is a pretty special d-man he will have competition on defense from Luc Deschesne from New Brunswick though who is playing Midget as well in New Brusnwick...at the moment though I have a feeling Roy might have passed Luc in development, Deschesne is still great but Roy is impressing me more this year.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
D Jeremy Roy - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2015 Draft)

Here is what i noted on Jeremy Roy today. His ability at making smooth, smart passes coming out of the defensive zone. He's somewhat like a point guard in basketball. His presence helps elevate the entire Sherbrooke offense.

Smooth skater with excellent mobility, Jeremy closes gaps with high efficiency, and he can be difficult to get around. He knows when to pinch, and he can exhibit high levels of offensive skill, creativity and vision.

His best trait is his clearly elite hockey sense, advanced way beyond his years. Jeremy has the talent, hockey IQ and work ethic required to become an elite defenseman.

NHL Career Potential Comparison: Kris Letang

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Roy is an absolute stud. A racehorse from the backend. Unlimited offensive potential and lots of speed. Already very smart defensively and makes a lot of good plays. Top 16 yrs old in the Q right now.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I knew he was good but I was very impressed after seeing him on 2 occasions. Kid has all the potential to become an elite d-man one day.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
He still makes the odd mistake in own end but his hockey IQ, skating and offensive skills are just impressive. He is by no means bad defensively but that is where I assume he will focus to realize his potential. As a 16 year old, he plays tough minutes and is on the ice 23-27 minutes/game already on a young, flawed team.

Thoroughly impressive.

Quietly 2015 is shaping up to be the best draft for defencemen from the QMJHL in a long time. Lots of impressive rookie 97s as well as two very good late 1996s (Carrier and Léveillé).

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
He still makes the odd mistake in own end but his hockey IQ, skating and offensive skills are just impressive. He is by no means bad defensively but that is where I assume he will focus to realize his potential. As a 16 year old, he plays tough minutes and is on the ice 23-27 minutes/game already on a young, flawed team.

Thoroughly impressive.

Quietly 2015 is shaping up to be the best draft for defencemen from the QMJHL in a long time. Lots of impressive rookie 97s as well as two very good late 1996s (Carrier and Léveillé).

Roy, Carrier, Léveillé, this is ridiculous. All have the potential to be high 1st rounders.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Roy, Carrier, Léveillé, this is ridiculous. All have the potential to be high 1st rounders.

Meloche, Brisebois, Bell and Chabot are all at least 6'1" and good puck-moving ability. Picco and Henley have great size and defensive awareness.

It is super early but we could see 8-9 QMJHL defencemen drafted in the top-90. There were 2 this summer, in a great year...

Roy is the best by far though.

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
The top 97 Defensemen right now are all on the NTDP. 2015 will be a ridiculous year for the NTDP. You will see this in January up in NS.

Canuck71*

The top 97 Defensemen right now are all on the NTDP. 2015 will be a ridiculous year for the NTDP. You will see this in January up in NS.

Yeah there all on the NTDP thats for sure. Not like any of these CHL kids ever get picked ahead of the precious NTDP crop:sarcasm: What an idiotic thing to say.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Noah Hanifin is the clear #1 dman IMO at this point, Zack Werenski is in that same crop that has guys like Matthew Spencer and Ryan Pilon, but guys like Roy and Léveillé are making some noise to be in that discussion too.

Last edited:

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Noah Hanifin is the clear #1 dman IMO at this point, Zack Werenski is in that same crop that has guys like Matthew Spencer and Ryan Pilon, but guys like Roy and Léveillé are making some noise to be in that discussion too.

Somehow the US kids draft status falls off in their draft year. Maybe its because they are not playing against top competion by playing in the USHL or NCAA as oppsed to major junior.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site

I would say Roy is definitely on par with Spencer and Pilon. In fact, I think Pilon is a notch below Roy and Spencer at this point.

No doubt Hanifin is no. 1 though.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I would say Roy is definitely on par with Spencer and Pilon. In fact, I think Pilon is a notch below Roy and Spencer at this point.

No doubt Hanifin is no. 1 though.

Tough to say. I think Spencer is probably as good of a well-rounded defenseman as you're going to get, Pilon already has a year under his belt in major junior and was one of, if not, the best player on Lethbridge last year. Both have a slight headstart as far as physical maturity is concerned but I have no doubt Roy will close the gap in that regard. Plus, Roy's offensive game is fantastic. I have no problem putting him in that category, but I wouldn't drop Pilon out of that class.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
From what I'm reading the guy looks like he's going to be a good one. Be interesting to see how his jr. career pans out.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
12GP 3G 7A

Size seems fine. Should be interesting to see where he ranks amongst the top D men for the 2015 draft.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Year away, but kid had an amazing rookie year. Who's a good comparable for this kid?

Maybe a Kris Letang ? much more advance at the same age though. I'm not very good with finding comparable...

You could make a strong case he could have played major junior as a 15 years old, he was that good as an underager in 2011-2012 with Antoine-Girouard. Really too bad he got hurt before the U-18 in April. One of the best defensemen the province of Quebec has produced in recent years.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
D Jérémy Roy - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2015 Draft)

I serched about this guy, no thread. so I started a thread. but later on I searched about another player, and suddenly a thread about this player shows up.

how strange.

fix the search thing for **** sake.

Last edited:

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
I have him at #8 right behind Mathew Barzal.

2015 will be a great year for the Q with Jérémy Roy, Daniel Sprong, Yevgeni Svechnikov, Nicolas Roy, Alexandre Carrier, Nathan Noel, Gabriel Gagné, Timo Meier, Nicolas Meloche and Loik Leveillé all having great potential.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
It blows my mind that this kid is ranked outside the top 10 on most of the lists out there. He'll be a riser for sure. I actually have him closer to 5 on my list at this point.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad