RD Henri Jokiharju (2017, 29th, CHI; traded to BUF)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He's 18 the NHL is a quantum leap from the CHL. I'm not saying this guy isn't gonna be good but to expect him to be an impact NHL defenseman who can stick right out of the gate seems premature.
I like the kid a lot, but my post was more tongue n cheek for us Hawks fans...our defense was bad last year, the kid has skill, but the potential for him to earn a spot without any free agent upgrades is pretty massive due to lack of current blue line talent..unless our coach Q f***s things up again!!

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
getting him and debrincat with those picks and having a such a high pick this year... i guess chicago is going to turn it around quick fs

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
getting him and debrincat with those picks and having a such a high pick this year... i guess chicago is going to turn it around quick fs
Yeah the team's been doing well with drafting. Sikura will be on the roster next season and Tuulola, Carlsson and Hillman will play their first full season in Rockford. Mitchell, Soderlund and Barratt are other strong prospects in the pipeline.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
With an 8-week injury to Connor Murphy, it looks pretty likely that Jokiharju will make the team out of camp.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
With an 8-week injury to Connor Murphy, it looks pretty likely that Jokiharju will make the team out of camp.
Yup he's guaranteed a spot now. He was paired with Keith in training today so hopefully they'll work well together.

Reactions: Ippenator

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Watching him against Ottawa, he has been very impressive. Even though he isn't a big player, he is able to defend very well, comes out as the winner from almost any situation. Great passing as well, gets the puck up the ice quick and reliably. Of course the competition isn't the best, but judging from this game he should get a shot in the NHL this season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Watching him against Ottawa, he has been very impressive. Even though he isn't a big player, he is able to defend very well, comes out as the winner from almost any situation. Great passing as well, gets the puck up the ice quick and reliably. Of course the competition isn't the best, but judging from this game he should get a shot in the NHL this season.

Isn't he 6 foot 1?,not that 6 foot 1 is that big...but...

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He's about 6ft1 and 180lbs. The kid is pretty jacked for how young he is.

And I'd be shocked (and rioting in front of the UC) if he doesn't make the roster out of camp. We absolutely do not have 6 defensemen who are better than him right now IMO.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
He is bigger than I thought. I thought like he is another Honka or Saarijärvi, but according to HF posters he has more like Heiskanen-tier potential.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
He is bigger than I thought. I thought like he is another Honka or Saarijärvi, but according to HF posters he has more like Heiskanen-tier potential.
Not sure whether he is quite that good, but he actually reminded me of Heiskanen when I watched him against Ottawa. His offense is well-known, but I was truly surprised by his great defense in that game. Great anticipation and stick play combined with great skating, just like Heiskanen.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Q liked the kid's first game. Thought he was mostly good. Made some rookie mistakes, but was impressed with his ability to skate the puck outta trouble in the defensive end. Edzo even mentioned that on the broadcast, saying how that was something the team missed on the back end last year (we'd always either give it up or wind up in a board battle).

Had 3sog, 3 hits, and played 19:16 seconds of ice time (with only 5 seconds less than Seabrook, and Henri got 5 seconds of special teams). A very decent start for the youngster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad