RD Filip Hronek (2016, 53rd, DET)

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
One of the most underrated prospects in the draft! Just a wonderful skater who can play in all three zones... He will need to get a lot stronger but his mobility is just excellent and fits the way the league is going. Playing with men all year, he is more advanced than you'd think...

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Drafted by Saginaw.

As someone who grabbed him in a keeper league, really hope he comes over instead of playing minimal minutes in the Czech league.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Drafted by Saginaw.

As someone who grabbed him in a keeper league, really hope he comes over instead of playing minimal minutes in the Czech league.

Sounds like he will report.

Makes way more sense for his development, I'm sure Detroit is pushing for it.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Depending how he does next season in the OHL he can always go to the AHL a season earlier since he was drafted to the NHL from the CHL. I didnt realize he was the top ranked euro D in the draft

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Depending how he does next season in the OHL he can always go to the AHL a season earlier since he was drafted to the NHL from the CHL. I didnt realize he was the top ranked euro D in the draft

Since he's a late 1997, even if he was drafted out of the CHL he could be placed in the AHL in 2017-18.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Any other input on this guy, and Is it too early to ask about his ceiling in the NHL? :laugh:

It was probably a given he wouldn't keep up with his PPG pace, as he's currently in a 3 game slump without a point (21gp, 3g + 15a), but his numbers look pretty darn impressive.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
33 pts in 36 games for him

anyone watch him much? How good is he? Statistically he's in line with the highly touted Juolevi

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
2016 NHL Draft

5th overall: Juolevi - 34pts (8g 26a) in 42gp | 0.81 pts/gp
9th overall: Sergachev - 34pts (7g 27a) in 36gp | 0.94 pts/gp
53rd overall: Hronek - 42pts (9g 33a) in 46gp | 0.93 pts/gp

How does Hronek compare to the two defenseman drafted early in the first round? In terms of point production he's on par with Sergachev and ahead of Juolevi. Obviously points aren't everything though. If anyone here watches him a lot it would be great to know how well he is playing on both sides of the ice.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
2016 NHL Draft

5th overall: Juolevi - 34pts (8g 26a) in 42gp | 0.81 pts/gp
9th overall: Sergachev - 34pts (7g 27a) in 36gp | 0.94 pts/gp
53rd overall: Hronek - 42pts (9g 33a) in 46gp | 0.93 pts/gp

How does Hronek compare to the two defenseman drafted early in the first round? In terms of point production he's on par with Sergachev and ahead of Juolevi. Obviously points aren't everything though. If anyone here watches him a lot it would be great to know how well he is playing on both sides of the ice.

Not to be a huge slight against him, but he is a later birthdate than the other two.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Hronek did have a full season with the Czech men's league last year, that might explain why he's been playing a pretty good level game this year.

Looks like he has a mean streak too, which is always good to see.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
7+18=25 points on his last 16 games... getting better and better.

Team is -40 and Hronek is +15 from the season. :amazed:

Not bad for a 2nd rounder. That extra pick from Datsyuk trade.

Looks like there was some hype about Sergachev's advanced stats on his topic, and Hronek has even better stats. :P

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I watched him play once live this year and you could tell he was too skilled for his team.

He was actually the highest ranked Dman in Europe by the scouting services. I wonder how often they slip to the 2nd round? You could tell from watching him live that he was really good. That was really early in the season though and it seems like hes really taking off now that hes adjusted a bit more

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
How is this guy? Anyone watch him play?

I watch spirit games on tv (replays). He's the only reason I watch, best player on the team. He's one of those guys that always gets his shot through to the goalie. He's great at faking shots and setting up his teammates for tip goals. Most of the time I see him he's in the neutral or offensive zone so I'm not sure if he's getting the toughest matchups especially since they have Middleton and niemelainen (two big shutdown guys). But from what I've seen he's pretty good in his own zone too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He was actually the highest ranked Dman in Europe by the scouting services. I wonder how often they slip to the 2nd round? You could tell from watching him live that he was really good. That was really early in the season though and it seems like hes really taking off now that hes adjusted a bit more

I believe he was playing very, very limited minutes in the Czech men's league, which played a large part in why he was taken where he was last year.

Just found a thread on him from his draft year, he played 8:26 a game in the Czech Men's league in his draft year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad