Value of: RD David Savard

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Hughes and the Habs were in no hurry to trade him, he wants to be in MTL (which is not a given), he's a local boy and he certainly is a good example for the young guys in terms of sacrificing himself for the crest/collective.

He doesn't seem to slow down much more because of age. Let's hope his value will be the same next TD.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hughes and the Habs were in no hurry to trade him, he wants to be in MTL (which is not a given), he's a local boy and he certainly is a good example for the young guys in terms of sacrificing himself for the crest/collective.

He doesn't seem to slow down much more because of age. Let's hope his value will be the same next TD.
They also have the option to trade him next season. By then, the Habs will get another 2/3 year of mentorship from him to help with the development of the young D corps.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
The draft rank of a prospect is largely irrelevant to their current value.
I mostly agree with this statement, but i think at the base it gives a starting point at a time where teams more or less agree a player will be taken in X round. Barron was traded 2 years after his draft so i'd say it's too early to declare him a bust, but too late to say he is worth a 1st without taking his play into account.

That being said, there were quite a few articles about Sakic not wanting to trade Barron, but relenting in the end. The Athletic also released an article where its experts pretty much unanimously agreed that the prospect (Barron) was worth more than the pick, so a late 2nd.

In the context of the argument being that his draft ranking is irrelevant, i'd venture that Lekhonen's return is, based on the above, at the very least 2 X 2nds, which i take as equivalent to a first at minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad