RD David Jiricek (2022, 6th, CBJ)

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Well if you ignore the game inbetween where he had 0 points, didnt look great and directly caused 1 goal against. He had a rough game which happens to everyone but followed it up with a huge one which is what you hope for. While it shows it upside it also shows the consistency issues basically every young defender experiences. Who cares what other defenseman are doing right now. Im more worried about what happens at 22/23 when they start getting to their potential, this outcry over him being in the AHL is beyond stupid as its where he should have been all along
Nah

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Did they seriously call him up to press box him again? f*** right off. You have Jakub Zboril for that. Let the kid play in the AHL or let him play in the NHL but don't make him leave one team to press box him in the other. He will never improve sitting and watching hockey. He needs to play. IF that is that is the AHL then send his ass to Cleveland to play. But stop calling him to Alberta and Colorado to watch the Blue Jackets play.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Did they seriously call him up to press box him again? f*** right off. You have Jakub Zboril for that. Let the kid play in the AHL or let him play in the NHL but don't make him leave one team to press box him in the other. He will never improve sitting and watching hockey. He needs to play. IF that is that is the AHL then send his ass to Cleveland to play. But stop calling him to Alberta and Colorado to watch the Blue Jackets play.
Thats an NHL paycheque and they play again tomorrow. He'll probably get a chance after this "effort"

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thats an NHL paycheque and they play again tomorrow. He'll probably get a chance after this "effort"
Should've been playing for Cleveland tonight. Like I say... you want to call up a guy to just sit and watch. You just got Jakub Zboril... let him sit and watch. He's a pro at it!

Calling him to bench him is ridiculous. He needs to play.. Cleveland and Columbus both played and he's sitting on his just like I am. It's brutal development... again.

Reactions: Blueston

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
After the trading deadline I believe teams are only allowed four more call ups unless it's for emergencies, which Jiricek's was, he was called up in case Werenski couldn't play after blocking a shot the previous game but ended up playing and Jiricek wasn't needed, so per the NHL rules he has to go back

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Should've been playing for Cleveland tonight. Like I say... you want to call up a guy to just sit and watch. You just got Jakub Zboril... let him sit and watch. He's a pro at it!

Calling him to bench him is ridiculous. He needs to play.. Cleveland and Columbus both played and he's sitting on his just like I am. It's brutal development... again.
If he busts Ill remember tonight, this is probably the straw that breaks the camels back

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I lean towards zero callups for Jiricek but the paycheck helps, and frankly he's not fully developed physically so playing the full schedule is not the best for him anyways.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
No problem.. keep him in the AHL till he's ready.

That would be great.

Now if you could just explain to him and his agent that he isn't remotely close to his peak form yet, and that he needs to focus on weight training and on ice training, and stop trying to compete with Nemec and Korchinski. Jiricek is so competitive but you have to tell him it's a long game.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Hes played 60 games, he'll survive. Fantilli has only played 49 due to injury, am I supposed to be worried?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hes played 60 games, he'll survive. Fantilli has only played 49 due to injury, am I supposed to be worried?

Oh my god, these college kids are only playing 40 game schedules.

They're all ruined! Celebrini is ruined too!

You're being a baby.

That's ridiculous.

You think there aren't countless star players in the NHL who had to work their way up from the AHL, including an ocassional NHL scratch?

If Jiricek puts the work in, he will be fine. A flight to Denver is not going to change anything about his trajectory.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Seriously that .. why the f*** is Bean still there ... guy is useless, you can put Jiricek in he will play better and at least a young guy is developing in the NHL. instead of having 25yrs old almost euro quality D clogging the lineup.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Oh my god, these college kids are only playing 40 game schedules.

They're all ruined! Celebrini is ruined too!

You're being a baby.

That's ridiculous.

You think there aren't countless star players in the NHL who had to work their way up from the AHL, including an ocassional NHL scratch?

If Jiricek puts the work in, he will be fine. A flight to Denver is not going to change anything about his trajectory.
Go easy on us lol, we are just terrified another top czech prospect will bust so everything not going his way is completely unnaceptable for us. Same for Kulich.

I know we might look a bit over the top with it, but if you were a Czech hockey supporter you would understand lol.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Go easy on us lol, we are just terrified another top czech prospect will bust so everything not going his way is completely unnaceptable for us. Same for Kulich.

I know we might look a bit over the top with it, but if you were a Czech hockey supporter you would understand lol.

My only concern is with Jiricek and his agent. They need to take a longer view of his development. It's his training that will determine how good he becomes.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Transation... he didnt' make it back in time and missed the weekend games.

I know.. he got an NHL paycheck for 1 night. That is so much more valuable then playing. Oh wait, NCAA guys only play 40 games. So I guess it's okay. CHL, NHL and AHL guys play a lot more than that though. Didn't realize purposely send your players 3 times zones away to NOT play is a good development strategy. I'd say it's a really bad one.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Again. If you're not 100% certain he's playing then send Jakub Zboril. He's almost done and could use an NHL payday. Jiricek needs minutes and playing time. Not to sit on a plane, sit on a pressbox and then sit on another plane while sitting on his ass in terminals.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Didn't realize purposely send your players 3 times zones away to NOT play is a good development strategy. I'd say it's a really bad one.

I'd say it's a not very good but largely unimportant one.

He's already played 60 games this year. He should be under the squat rack and focusing on skating training. That's where his development is going to be. Fans here think it's just about games played, it's not. You can actually have too many games played at that age.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd say it's a not very good but largely unimportant one.

He's already played 60 games this year. He should be under the squat rack and focusing on skating training. That's where his development is going to be. Fans here think it's just about games played, it's not. You can actually have too many games played at that age.
No squat racks at the airport.

Definitely no concerns about too many games.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Should've called up Zboril but some people need to come back from the ledge. Maybe missing a week of games will recharge him for the playoff push, actual playoffs, then possibly WHC after the season, could be a good thing in the long run?

Reactions: majormajor

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
All this fuss for that?
A missed weekend of games? It happens
He's already played more games in a season than he has before, with the rest of the regular season, playoffs and international play in May...

Still plenty of development time before his official off-season starts.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad