Player Discussion (RD) Brock Faber (Certified Stud)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I like the Gopher colors. I like Wild green - hate red.
Maroon is just an ugly color. I'd take Wisconsin red or North Dakota green easily over Minnesota maroon. The yellow gopher jerseys aren't bad. The only thing worse, visually speaking, than the full maroon jerseys are the chrome domes that Notre Dame has.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Maroon is just an ugly color. I'd take Wisconsin red or North Dakota green easily over Minnesota maroon. The yellow gopher jerseys aren't bad. The only thing worse, visually speaking, than the full maroon jerseys are the chrome domes that Notre Dame has.

Maroon is an ugly color. I don't like any of FSU, A&M, VT, UM, or Gryffindor quidditch uniforms.

Any shiny/metallic helmet just doesn't work well with the white of the ice.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
As a big fan of Faber, I am extremely disappointed in this thread…

You have a good one guys! Celebrate him! NOW!!!
59602e22-fd7b-4d82-92d5-58ae04d58635_text.gif

Wabit

May 23, 2016
As a big fan of Faber, I am extremely disappointed in this thread…

You have a good one guys! Celebrate him! NOW!!!

Realistically he could rank anywhere from 1st to 6th in MN's current d-man prospect pool. I have him right in the middle. Addison, ROR, Lambos, Faber, Peart, Hunt, SJ.

I'd be more excited if the prospect pool was in a different place (like when they got Addison and the cupboard was bare).

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Realistically he could rank anywhere from 1st to 6th in MN's current d-man prospect pool. I have him right in the middle. Addison, ROR, Lambos, Faber, Peart, Hunt, SJ.

I'd be more excited if the prospect pool was in a different place (like when they got Addison and the cupboard was bare).
Tier 1:
-Lambos

Tier 2:
-Addison
-Faber
-Peart

Tier 3:
-ROR

Tier 4:
-Hunt
-S Johansson

There is probably a solid argument that Faber should be in Tier 1.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wait... you don't like the Gopher's colors?

Next thing you'll be telling me you don't like the Gophers... naw, couldn't be.... crazy talk...

As to Faber, besides his talent, his being a RHD is very appealing. It allows us to draft two forwards in the 1st round, and possibly 3 forwards in our first 4 picks should Brackett wish.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Next thing you'll be telling me you don't like the Gophers... naw, couldn't be.... crazy talk...

As to Faber, besides his talent, his being a RHD is very appealing. It allows us to draft two forwards in the 1st round, and possibly 3 forwards in our first 4 picks should Brackett wish.
I'll lol obnoxiously when we pick a left wing and a defenseman in the 1st round. Book it.

• Wow
Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I could mostly care less about college schools/sports. I might notice a Badgers box score and it's a "yay, go team" reaction.

Outside of the Wild, I'm pretty indifferent to MN sports teams as a whole. Women's college hockey is the only real rivalry for sports between WI and MN. College men's hockey is kind of there, but MN's in-state rivalries are better.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Tier 1:
-Lambos

Tier 2:
-Addison
-Faber
-Peart

Tier 3:
-ROR

Tier 4:
-Hunt
-S Johansson

I hope we are underrating Hunt or our depth is outstanding.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Tier 1:
-Lambos

Tier 2:
-Addison
-Faber
-Peart

Tier 3:
-ROR

Tier 4:
-Hunt
-S Johansson

I’d have Faber #1. Tied for Lambos at worst. Resume is extremely impressive and has higher floor than Lambos, just isn’t a point producing guy and that’s ok. He’s too good of a skater to fail.

Faber/Lambos
Addison/Peart/ROR
Hunt
SJo

Big believer in Peart, think he will end up the best of the rest after Lambos & Faber.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’d have Faber #1. Tied for Lambos at worst. Resume is extremely impressive and has higher floor than Lambos, just isn’t a point producing guy and that’s ok. He’s too good of a skater to fail.

Faber/Lambos
Addison/Peart/ROR
Hunt
SJo

Big believer in Peart, think he will end up the best of the rest after Lambos & Faber.
For me, I just don't know. I do know that a lot of really good junior, and even college players top out in the AHL. Others can jump two levels and look like they haven't missed a beat in the NHL. I liked Mercer, but I sure as hell didn't figure that he would make the jump from CHL to NHL so quick, nvm Jarvis.
Soucy appeared to be a prototypical AHL lifer with little to no upside.

I wouldn't be shocked if ROR ends up being the best of the bunch, but wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't, either.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Opinions opinions opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad