RD Anttoni Honka - JYP Jyväskylä, Liiga (2019, 83rd, CAR)

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Watched this kid a bunch in the U18’s. Love what he can do with the puck. Sure fire 1st rounder IMO and future PP QB

ijuka

May 14, 2016
4 points in 3 Liiga pre-season games.

Wonder how long people will have Kakko ahead of him. Or anyone not named Hughes for that matter.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
4 points in 3 Liiga pre-season games.

Wonder how long people will have Kakko ahead of him. Or anyone not named Hughes for that matter.
Hughes and Honka are my #1 and #2 atm. Subject to change, but Honka looks ridiculously good so far.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Easily the best dman in this draft imo. Things could change obviously but if I’m going with a dman, it’s Honka

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Is he better than his brother? What part of his game is better, they seem so similiar.
Seems to have better hockey IQ and hands than his brother. Skating is quite similar for sure. And not a great shooter like his brother too. But a clearly more promising talent than Julius especially because of the clearly better hockey IQ.

Oh, and Anttoni’s stats as a 17 year old completely blow Julius’s out of the water...

Last edited:

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center HOCKEYPROSPECT.COM TOP 31

With all the offensive dynamos we have in this year draft, it would be very impressive if he can crack the top 10.

IMO I think it's not happening.

Hughes, Turcotte, Newhook, Kakko, Byram, Krebs, Podkolzin, Dach, Cozens and Lavoie.

I believe these are all going before him. All better players.

Honka is a 1st rounder yes. One of the best available? No.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's scored 1+2=3 points for JYP during the current Liiga game.

I believe he's at a PPG pace over ~7 games when including the Liiga pre-season, but unfortunately the Liiga website is down in the gutter so I don't know when I can check the specifics.

Edit: Including the pre-season, 7 points in 5 games.

In the regular season, simply 3 points in 2 games at the moment.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I think he's going to continue to develop and he will emerge as the unchallenged #1 D in this draft. He probably should be already, mostly because nobody else is that good. He can be twice the prospect that Heiskanen is, just a tad smaller. Far superior skills, polish and hockey sense at the same age.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
I think he's going to continue to develop and he will emerge as the unchallenged #1 D in this draft. He probably should be already, mostly because nobody else is that good. He can be twice the prospect that Heiskanen is, just a tad smaller. Far superior skills, polish and hockey sense at the same age.
I can't agree. Heiskanen is better defensive player. Heiskanen is superior in defending. Okay his offence was pretty good in Liiga too. Honka is good and may become better than Heiskanen but Honka must still improve lot.

vivalavili

Jan 8, 2016
Helsinki
Great game against Ilves tonight and now I hate him. Anyways, great to see that we are producing great defending talent year after year when all the attention goes to our attacking prospects. Should he keep this up we'll have another lock for a top 10 pick next summer.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
His goal was funny. He threw a pass out front and Mark Flood wristed it in for him. Unfortunately Mark is on the wrong team.
I still consider it a good play though, because if the pass had gotten through his teammate would have had an empty net in front of him.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Has struggled a lot recently. His offensive and defensive game have both been bad.

1 point in the last 10 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad