RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I remember OEL with Karlsson. It didn't work very well. And Westerlund isn't completely inept offensively. He has a good outlet pass. He's also good under pressure and very good on the PK.

Agree, Westerlund is a modern day defensive D. Handles pressure well, makes solid passes and is rarely caught out of position. He won't do the creative work on the ice but you know what you will get from him every game. I was fairly impressed with him yesterday, he's definitely gained some muscle mass over the summer and his mobility looks improved.

Offensive D from Sweden - "could be the next Erik Karlsson"

Solid two-way D from Sweden : "The next Lidstrom"

Yeah, even a guy like Victor Hedman was compared to Lidström in his draft year. It's unlikely that Boqvist or any other defensive prospect becomes the next Karlsson, he's the closest thing in terms of style I've seen come out of Sweden though.

Last edited:

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I remember OEL with Karlsson. It didn't work very well. And Westerlund isn't completely inept offensively. He has a good outlet pass. He's also good under pressure and very good on the PK.

You are correct, Im just saying what Im hoping for in the future

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Appears he got injured on that play, hasn't played since. If serious, put Dahlin on a plane asap.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

giphy.gif

Last edited:

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
nice

but not on an nhl surface :laugh:

God, I really hate these kinds of comments. What do you even mean by that? Of course that would be harder to do vs the best competition in the world, smartass.

We should all be discrediting every play by a junior player from now on, except the CHL of course, everything they do easiliy translates to the show :help:

Reactions: Mittelstadt
Mar 14, 2015
God, I really hate these kinds of comments. What do you even mean by that? Of course that would be harder to do vs the best competition in the world, smartass.

We should all be discrediting every play by a junior player from now on, except the CHL of course, everything they do easiliy translates to the show :help:

+1..

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
It's early but Boqvist and Merkley are the two most intriguing prospects to me entering next year's draft.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
[/B]

:laugh:

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Why do they, especially Merkley, intrigue you more than Dahlin?

I never mentioned anything about Dahlin. Because Boqvist and Merkley are ranked a lot lower by some draft services/media members. Will be interesting to see if they are top 5-10 material entering next year.

Dahlin is pretty much a consensus top 2 at the moment.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have him ranked as the third best player in the draft. I don't even think he's bad defensively, like Merkley is. He's not that short either, like Hughes is, I think he can be a 1D. What is not good about his game? I don't really understand. He's not a surefire Norris Trophy contender like Dahlin will be, but then again very few D's are that. I think there is very high upside in his game. In most drafts, I think he'd be the best defenseman.

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
He's just so fun to watch. My type of player.
I agree, Adam Boqvist makes your hockey-heart happy. I put together a couple of plays he made in the game against USA that’s just fun to watch. What stands out with his game is his ability to go from defense to attack with exceptional speed. I think that’s what modern hockey is all about and Adam will be one of the best in doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkPJ6yUwz2w&t=11s

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I have him ranked as the third best player in the draft. I don't even think he's bad defensively, like Merkley is. He's not that short either, like Hughes is, I think he can be a 1D. What is not good about his game? I don't really understand. He's not a surefire Norris Trophy contender like Dahlin will be, but then again very few D's are that. I think there is very high upside in his game. In most drafts, I think he'd be the best defenseman.

There are some things in his game that you could pick on. He does tend to look a bit passive away from the puck, even borderline nonchalant at times. I don't see this as a major concern right now but I'm sure there are people who don't like it. The other thing is obviously the size, I'm not sure he'd be THAT much better if he was a couple of inches taller but size obviously helps.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Great hockey IQ and poise with the puck, great vision and can get the puck to the net, really like what I've seen from him in the Ivan Hlinka tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad