RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I have a feeling he will be joining his brother in New Jersey next season. I'd like to see his top end speed in action. I know he is very slippery east to west but you really need that next gear to skate it out of trouble in the NHL as a small defensmen.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Why not SHL? There is no way this guy is not good enough.

He probably could, and maybe he will. Apparently one of their RHD's will be out for a while with an injury. I like the idea of Boqvist getting good minutes and PP time though, not sure he would get that in the SHL.

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
Why not SHL? There is no way this guy is not good enough.
Brynäs has 9 contracted defensemen all contending for 6 places in the top 6. 10 defensemen with Boqvist. If he would indeed force his way into the lineup. He'd be the 6th defensemen at best. Would be smarter to loan for both sides.

He probably could, and maybe he will. Apparently one of their RHD's will be out for a while with an injury. I like the idea of Boqvist getting good minutes and PP time though, not sure he would get that in the SHL.
He isnt better than Gunderson, Carlsson, Zanetti, Fälth, Kilström or Bertilsson.
Think he'll start the year with Brynäs but loaned out before the world juniors.

Last edited:

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
Is he better than Dahlin?

I think it´s hard to tell. If you look at stats on a comparable level, they are quite close. If you value goals before assists Boqvist has a better track record. Also on an international level Boqvist has better stats. However, Dahlin has more practice and is better suited, at this point, to play on a pro-level due to his size. All in all, Dahlin is probably a safer bet and he will be a great player but it wouldn´t surprise me if Boqvist will end up with more points.

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
Is he better than Dahlin?
No, he's not. Dude gets underrated a ton by being in the same draft as Dahlin though. Dahlin is just something we haven't seen before with us Swedes while Boqvist is very very very special in his own right.

People throw around Karlsson comparisons to a lot of prospects if they're speedy, dynamic small offensive d, see Makar last year. But if any prospect resembles Karlsson it's Boqvist. Is he Karlsson? Probably not, but this kid has every tool and the toolbox to prove me wrong. Only weakness so far is his physicality which will be fixed over time.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I'm more hyped about him than Dahlin for some reason. I really hope the Panthers are bad and get a top 10 pick and pick Boqvist.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Meh, at least Boqvist'll play against men regularly and actually defend against grown ups, unlike Murphy

There are 9 contracted Ds that he has to compete against. I would not be so certain that he will see regular icetime. Injuries or a ****** start for Brynäs will change that thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->