RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Ton of skill, he'll be a treat to watch in his draft year. Expecting big things.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
The "experts" in North America like Bobby Mac are comparing Dahlin stylistically to Erik Karlsson, I wonder how long it'll take them to realize that this kid is actually the one who plays more like EK

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
The "experts" in North America like Bobby Mac are comparing Dahlin stylistically to Erik Karlsson, I wonder how long it'll take them to realize that this kid is actually the one who plays more like EK

i never get that reference of Dahlin as Karlsson 2.0, i think it's just pure lazyness...very different type of player. Bokvist when you watch him is really similar to Karlsson though, undersized a bit right now but a high end talent. We have him in our top-10 for 2018.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Will be interesting to see where he plays next season. Don't think they have a spot open for an offensive D-man like Boqvist on Brynäs senior team and I believe he's going to be too good for J20. Will most likely start in J20 and later be loaned to Allsvenskan where a lot of teams could use a player like him.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Will be interesting to see where he plays next season. Don't think they have a spot open for an offensive D-man like Boqvist on Brynäs senior team and I believe he's going to be too good for J20. Will most likely start in J20 and later be loaned to Allsvenskan where a lot of teams could use a player like him.

He's far away defensively and physically to play in the SHL. Just because someone is good in Superelit and puts up points doesn't mean they have to rush into the SHL. Brynäs need to be patient and let him work on his game.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Does anyone know what Brynäs' defence looks like for the upcoming season, and could he take a spot there? Him joining London sounds pretty exciting, but I haven't really thought it through.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Does anyone know what Brynäs' defence looks like for the upcoming season, and could he take a spot there? Him joining London sounds pretty exciting, but I haven't really thought it through.

9 guys signed to pro deals but one with long-term injury issues, so he'd be a 9D at best this year. He's so thin and light so I think this year will be hard to take a roster spot.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Drafted by London in the import draft
Considering they waited until the 2nd to take him, my guess is they aren't expecting him to report. Good longshot pick though. They also have 2 imports already. I guess Kuokkannen could be in the AHL next year and Juolevi could be in the show.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Considering they waited until the 2nd to take him, my guess is they aren't expecting him to report. Good longshot pick though. They also have 2 imports already. I guess Kuokkannen could be in the AHL next year and Juolevi could be in the show.

They let go of Kuokannen to make the pick.

I bet Juolevi sticks. Boqvist's brother (Jesper) tweeted about him being picked by London, so he may yet come over.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Finished the regular season with a 4 assist game against Frölunda J20. That makes him the top scoring D-man in the J20 Superelit Top 10 division with 13 pts in 14 games, pretty darn good for a 16 year old.

Here are those 4 assists:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Devils drafted his brother. That means we get first dibs, no backsies...

That's how this works right?

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013

He can take Zaneties, Ersson or Sundqvist spot on the top 6 imo. They were the weak link in Brynäs defense last season. Dont think he has high chances to crack the top 4.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Offensive D from Sweden - "could be the next Erik Karlsson"

Solid two-way D from Sweden : "The next Lidstrom"

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Offensive D from Sweden - "could be the next Erik Karlsson"

Solid two-way D from Sweden : "The next Lidstrom"

Honestly Boqvist deserves the Karlsson comparisons way more than anyone recently. He plays more like Karlsson than Kylington, Liljegren, Dahlin and (not Swedish but still) Makar. You're right that comparing every offensive D to EK is getting pretty old but in Boqvist's case there's a good argument to be made that it's the player he resembles most stylistically. Obviously it's unlikely he's as good, but they play a similar game.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Wondering if he can make the swedish WJC team.

Likely one of Liljegren, Brännström or Dahlin would have to get injured for that to happen. He'd also have to play lights out in the SHL or (more likely) Allsvenskan.

Watched the U18 vs. U17 game today. Boqvist did pretty much what he wanted to all game, old schoolers are going to vomit when they see him play though :laugh:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Likely one of Liljegren, Brännström or Dahlin would have to get injured for that to happen. He'd also have to play lights out in the SHL or (more likely) Allsvenskan.

Watched the U18 vs. U17 game today. Boqvist did pretty much what he wanted to all game, old schoolers are going to vomit when they see him play though :laugh:

Yeah, considering he is an offensive D on a team with a lot of good offensive D already it's probably tough. But I think I'd rather have Boqvist than a guy like Westerlund or Moverare.

I watched that game too, he was excellent. So much fun to watch.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Yeah, considering he is an offensive D on a team with a lot of good offensive D already it's probably tough. But I think I'd rather have Boqvist than a guy like Westerlund or Moverare.

I think he'll run into the same issue he did with this years U-18 team, which is even if he makes it, he probably does as a 7th D-man with limited ice time and used mostly on the PP. Gotta think the offensively inclined roles are most likely going to Dahlin, Liljegren and Brannstrom. Granted, an injury or a disappointing start by one of them could open the door.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG

Westerlund is solid. You need a player like that on your team. Not a good idea to stack up on off d

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Westerlund is solid. You need a player like that on your team. Not a good idea to stack up on off d

Meh. I for one hopes that "defensive d" is a dying breed. Imagine if a teams D corps played cray cray attack hockey instead of playing "safe", the hockey would be awesome

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Meh. I for one hopes that "defensive d" is a dying breed. Imagine if a teams D corps played cray cray attack hockey instead of playing "safe", the hockey would be awesome

I remember OEL with Karlsson. It didn't work very well. And Westerlund isn't completely inept offensively. He has a good outlet pass. He's also good under pressure and very good on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad