RD Aaron Ekblad (2014, 1st overall, Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
"Ekblad is first 15 year old since John Tavares to be granted exceptional status. Now eligible for OHL draft in May."

-Per Bob McKenzie

I'm personally a bit surprised they allowed it, but at 6'3 200lbs, this kid certainly has star potential. Can't wait to see him play.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
"Ekblad is first 15 year old since John Tavares to be granted exceptional status. Now eligible for OHL draft in May."

-Per Bob McKenzie

I'm personally a bit surprised they allowed it, but at 6'3 200lbs, this kid certainly has star potential. Can't wait to see him play.

He is the best defenceman playing minor midget right now, regardless of his 96 birth date. Not shocking, I thought it would come.

skroob**

Man what the hell are they feeding kids these days. Geez.

Basically, we feed them what we feed to our cattle. Hormones and growth supplements.

As if thats not good enough, we feed both our people and our livestock genetically modified plant material (corn/wheat/etc).

And to make sure that those products makes it on a 3,000 mile trip and look good while doing it, we sprinkle on some chemical preservatives and taste/coloring additives.

Yum.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
There is no comparison. He is one of only three players to get exceptional OHL status with the others being Spezza and Tavares. Enough said.

If I recall, Spezza didn't get exceptional status. He was allowed to play for his hometown team as a 15 year old, just like Rico Fata with the Soo back in the 1990's. Tavares, as far as I know, is the only other player who received exceptional status.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure even Bob Mac said this morning he is 2015

He did not on Twitter.

Sports Centre?

If someone who is born in 93, before September is eligible for the 2011 Draft, then by extension, a 96 born before September would then be eligible for the draft three years later.

Therefore, he is a 2014.

His birthdate is Feb 7th, 1996.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
If I recall, Spezza didn't get exceptional status. He was allowed to play for his hometown team as a 15 year old, just like Rico Fata with the Soo back in the 1990's. Tavares, as far as I know, is the only other player who received exceptional status.

Your right. He was drafted a year after playing a year with the Battalion. The rule at the time was that players could play with their hometown OHL teams if they where deemed good enough by the team.
Spezza moved from Mississauga to Brampton to play the year with the Battalion, who was a strong team at the time.

Its a common mistake reported in the papers.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He did not on Twitter.

Sports Centre?

If someone who is born in 93, before September is eligible for the 2011 Draft, then by extension, a 96 born before September would then be eligible for the draft three years later.

Therefore, he is a 2014.

His birthdate is Feb 7th, 1996.

Ok it wasn't Bob. I know I saw it on twitter this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad