Pre-Game Talk: RD 2 Game 2 - Jets vs Predators - Sun Apr 29 6:00pm CT (CBC NBCSN TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
The CBA gives him the right to refuse.....conditioning is just the term for it in the CBA. It had nothing to do with his conditioning. In fact IIRC they gave him the option to do it because he hadn't been in the lineup for a longtime. It wasn't really a team request.

He may not be in future plans but it won't be because of that section of the CBA. It will be because of the waivers section IMO.

I think you are mistaken if you think his chances of being put in the lineup weren't reduced by a refusal.
He exercised his right not to shake tye rust off by playing a few games in the AHL. The Jets excercised their right to let him rot in the pressbox.

Reactions: Jet

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I picked out a male Golden Retriever puppy on Thursday and I have about 4 weeks to name him.
Jet and Jax are two of the last 5 or so. I just thought Jet was more suited to a black dog?

I think Dano should have taken the conditioning stint but we don't know the whole story. He is a good guy for the press box. Cheap, doesn't complain, plays his arse off every time he gets called in. I wouldn't mind another one year contract with the minimum increase for him to back up the forwards next season.

I hope and I think the Preds play Rinne next game. There's a few Jets that need to pick up their game but I don't want to start an argument so all I will say is they don't play goal.

Buff has been a real advantage for us these playoffs. The guy plays 27 minutes and doesn't look that tired. Nobody does what he does.

How about the Golden Jet? ;)

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
20180428_210433_resized.jpg
So our pug is going nuts attacking our Jets pillow (she paws at the logo like crazy). When she does the Jets almost always win the next game. :laugh:

Last edited:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
So this smashville tradition of giving their fans a hammer and letting them smash a vehicle up outside the arena is curious to say the least ...just waiting for one of these fans to get injured doing so...smashing their hand or cutting themselves on a piece of metal or whatnot....some drunk taking a huge swing and letting go as the hammer goes sailing into the crowd...not very smart.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
So this smashville tradition of giving their fans a hammer and letting them smash a vehicle up outside the arena is curious to say the least ...just waiting for one of these fans to get injured doing so...smashing their hand or cutting themselves on a piece of metal or whatnot....some drunk taking a huge swing and letting go as the hammer goes sailing into the crowd...not very smart.

it actually looks quite dumb them taking a little hammer to the plane...I was expecting maybe an aluminum baseball bat or something...

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
it actually looks quite dumb them taking a little hammer to the plane...I was expecting maybe an aluminum baseball bat or something...
Lol, it was sad, some guy trying to hammer away at some little hole in the plane with his ball-peen hammer. Real intimidating guys.

Get the sledge hammer or go home.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Was at the game in Nashville. There was no "true north" chant to silence. Literally under 50 Jet fans there. Was very lonely giving high fives all 4 times...

I heard a louder True North on the CBC broadcast. On NBCSN they had the crowd muted during the anthems

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
That's funny and true. Lol

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003

Reactions: Jets 31

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
This is the game that I want to go to OT :)
If Jets can't clean up game 2 in regulation.

I don't want OT in the JETS barn. Unless it's guaranteed the team will score :)

Hope Perrault and Armia can slot in by 5th game.

They are far more capable to tilt the ice than hendrick and Roslo (though Roslo is not bad).

We are more 4 line solid if

Perrault Little Armia (more defense)
Perrault Little Roslovic ( more offense)

and
Copp Lowry Tanev

are playing.

Preds are top players heavy and we are deeper. Those are the areas the team can exploit the Preds like in game 1.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I think Jets will come out better in game 2.

They should :)
They better

GO JETS GO

Just keep letting that perimeter shots by the PREDS top 4 D. (BUT don't let them walk in).
And just clean out the forwards in front and side of Helly.

Preds will probably adjust a little bit their game.

Hope JETS get 1 - 2 power play!!!!!!!

Reactions: GNP

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Won't be able to watch again, but I know who is gonna win anyways. Bring this 2-0 series lead back home :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad