Pre-Game Talk: RD 2 Game 2 - Jets vs Predators - Sun Apr 29 6:00pm CT (CBC NBCSN TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hope to see Buff stop josi dead in his tracks again... without even touching him. I really enjoyed that yesterday!
I really loved Josi pulling the chute too but I sure wish Buff would have lit him up. Josi is a key for Nashville in this series and he got too many looks last night for my liking. Our forecheck didn't seem to be punishing their D on retrievals - wonder if that's a coaching move somehow?

Reactions: GNP

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets post-practice audio: Wheeler, Morrissey, Myers, Lowry, Little & Perreault.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: On Scheifele's growth. On versatility of Adam Lowry's line. Is Brandon Tanev built for playoff hockey? On handling the aggressiveness of Nashville. On Laine's ability to score "big goals". Does success/knack for scoring translate from the international game? On having a high shooting percentage/not needing a lot of shots to score. Can the Jets win three more games if the Predators possess the puck that much? How does the Nashville top four challenge the Jets forechek? Did he see the Smashplane?

To listen click here.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
definitely won't happen.
Mau loves Gramps and wouldn't use Dano on the PK.
It's Armia / Perreault or bust.
In this case bust is Gramps.
Besides the fact that Dano at this point is last case emergency - he just hasn't earned any more shots.

On to the land of Klingberg, Petan and Machacek with you, Marco.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I really loved Josi pulling the chute too but I sure wish Buff would have lit him up. Josi is a key for Nashville in this series and he got too many looks last night for my liking. Our forecheck didn't seem to be punishing their D on retrievals - wonder if that's a coaching move somehow?

I wish he blew him up too, but ya gotta think buff will be on the mind of josi when rushing the puck up ice.

Reactions: Jet

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
Nashville's thread title still says "series tied 0-0"

Should i post there to tell them that their thread title is incorrect? Its not trolling, its correcting a mistake ;)

jk - I won't do it, just had the urge

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Besides the fact that Dano at this point is last case emergency - he just hasn't earned any more shots.

On to the land of Klingberg, Petan and Machacek with you, Marco.
I believe that the day that he refused a conditioning stint with th Moose marked the beginning of the end for Dano and the Jets. I won’t be unhappy to see him leave. Maybe we get a 3rd round pick for him?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I believe that the day that he refused a conditioning stint with th Moose marked the beginning of the end for Dano and the Jets. I won’t be unhappy to see him leave. Maybe we get a 3rd round pick for him?

I personally don't believe the Jets are so petty that they would penalize a player for excercising his rights granted by the CBA. Not the way the organization seems to be run IMO

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Hey Larmex --I like the new Avatar--it may even be better than your first one--with the mean looking chiuahha !!!

Reactions: larmex99

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I personally don't believe the Jets are so petty that they would penalize a player for excercising his rights granted by the CBA. Not the way the organization seems to be run IMO
I don’t think it is petty to feel that if a player doesn’t have enough faith in management to take a temporary demotion in order to improve his conditioning they aren’t the type of player they want in the fold. Not difficult to imagine at all.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013

Hey Larmex --I like the new Avatar--it may even be better than your first one--with the mean looking chiuahha !!!
He is my new playoff chihuahua! His name is JET.

Reactions: GNP

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I don’t think it is petty to feel that if a player doesn’t have enough faith in management to take a temporary demotion in order to improve his conditioning they aren’t the type of player they want in the fold. Not difficult to imagine at all.

The CBA gives him the right to refuse.....conditioning is just the term for it in the CBA. It had nothing to do with his conditioning. In fact IIRC they gave him the option to do it because he hadn't been in the lineup for a longtime. It wasn't really a team request.

He may not be in future plans but it won't be because of that section of the CBA. It will be because of the waivers section IMO.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I picked out a male Golden Retriever puppy on Thursday and I have about 4 weeks to name him.
Jet and Jax are two of the last 5 or so. I just thought Jet was more suited to a black dog?

I think Dano should have taken the conditioning stint but we don't know the whole story. He is a good guy for the press box. Cheap, doesn't complain, plays his arse off every time he gets called in. I wouldn't mind another one year contract with the minimum increase for him to back up the forwards next season.

I hope and I think the Preds play Rinne next game. There's a few Jets that need to pick up their game but I don't want to start an argument so all I will say is they don't play goal.

Buff has been a real advantage for us these playoffs. The guy plays 27 minutes and doesn't look that tired. Nobody does what he does.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I picked out a male Golden Retriever puppy on Thursday and I have about 4 weeks to name him.
Jet and Jax are two of the last 5 or so. I just thought Jet was more suited to a black dog?

I think Dano should have taken the conditioning stint but we don't know the whole story. He is a good guy for the press box. Cheap, doesn't complain, plays his arse off every time he gets called in. I wouldn't mind another one year contract with the minimum increase for him to back up the forwards next season.

I hope and I think the Preds play Rinne next game. There's a few Jets that need to pick up their game but I don't want to start an argument so all I will say is they don't play goal.

Buff has been a real advantage for us these playoffs. The guy plays 27 minutes and doesn't look that tired. Nobody does what he does.

Jax is an awesome name for a golden retriever. I ran into the same issue with my yellow labs, I kinda wanted a "Puck" but it seemed better suited to a black dog somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad