Waived: Raymond waived with purpose of being bought out

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Added Raymond's dead money.

Raymond's bad but he's better than Chiasson.

That's really not how it works though, right?

Another player being bought out =/= a new players cap hit :laugh:

Raymond wasn't a fit, he might be the better player but he wasn't working in Calgary.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Yeah right now he has a $2.2 million cap hit next season, while the buyout will cost the Flames $1.05 million cap hit for two more seasons.

Doesn't seem like very much.

Maybe dominoes to go after Stamkos? :sarcasm:

Ace since you know the CBA very well I've been curious. In a case like Raymond, can the team buying out a player take the buyout cap hit for the first season instead of having two years of dead money. Personally it would be better to just take the hit for this season and be free and clear next year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ace since you know the CBA very well I've been curious. In a case like Raymond, can the team buying out a player take the buyout cap hit for the first season instead of having two years of dead money. Personally it would be better to just take the hit for this season and be free and clear next year.

Unless we're lining up an important acquisition in FA this year.

And anyway, doing the latter defeats the purpose of a buyout.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

You cannot as far as I know. This is done specifically as a way to deter GMs from buying out players, or offering contracts which might result in buyouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad