Raymond/Edvinsson vs Sanderson/Eklund

Which wing and defensemen combo would you prefer?

• Total voters

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I mean he will, but I truly don’t understand where this doubt is coming from.

I don't understand where overwhelming optimism comes from.
I know he was only D+1, but when the games mattered most, against good teams, Raymond went 0-0-0 against Russia and USA.

I thought he had a nice bounce back in the Finland game once they were bounced from Gold contention.

I was more impressed by him in my early season SHL viewings than I was in the WJC and later viewings.

For me, Raymond kind of held his serve last year. And not much more than that.
But it's difficult to judge him on Frolunda, where they divvy up the line play so equally.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
If we'd drafted Hughes and Johnson, you'd be all about them, is my guess.
Hughes as great potential.
Johnson is bit more iffy, but I think he has more development room than Beniers and could be the kind of guy who drives offense for years to come.

Hughes and Johnson? If they were Wings prospects I'd cheer them on and hope for the best but also think that of the guys picked in the top 10 this year they have by far the highest bust potential. I was saying from the get go they were players I wanted absolutely nothing to do with at 6.

I made my concerns about Edvinsson's passing decisions in the offensive zone known from the get go but I still had him at 8 in my own prospect rankings. He's looked better starting with the WJC18's and the fact that he is playing top pair for Frolunda in his first full SHL season puts him in special company, so yeah. I feel a lot better about the pick. We're seeing a lot of improvements from Edvinsson in Frolunda's preseason. It's almost a night and day difference from where he was last october/november when I first watched him and he's so far putting to rest the worry about his offensive decision making.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Hughes and Johnson? If they were Wings prospects I'd cheer them on and hope for the best but also think that of the guys picked in the top 10 this year they have by far the highest bust potential. I was saying from the get go they were players I wanted absolutely nothing to do with at 6.

I made my concerns about Edvinsson's passing decisions in the offensive zone known from the get go but I still had him at 8 in my own prospect rankings. He's looked better starting with the WJC18's and the fact that he is playing top pair for Frolunda in his first full SHL season puts him in special company, so yeah. I feel a lot better about the pick. We're seeing a lot of improvements from Edvinsson in Frolunda's preseason. It's almost a night and day difference from where he was last october/november when I first watched him and he's so far putting to rest the worry about his offensive decision making.
To me it was between Eklund, Mctavish and Edvinsson, we got one of them so I'm very happy and glad it wasn't Johnson or Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad