Rayan O'Rayli , From Russia with love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
This is what Subban said a few days before agreeing to a deal.

“It’s come down to this — I want to be paid what I’m worth,”

"“Do I see myself playing for any other team? From a business standpoint, I’m sure there are other teams where I could fit in and be a big part of things moving forward, give them a chance to win."

At some point pride and stubborness has to end and reality set in. Avs are the ones controlling his future. So they don't want to pay him $5M/year? Get over it and sign a bridge contract and force them to pay him $5M/year next time. Time to act like a professional.

I don't think O'Reilly will have much problems in the locker room when he comes back. He was well liked before and his teammates will get over him holding out. Subban had problems before all this so it's a different situation.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Money dispute, and in my opinion, captaincy dispute too as I feel O'Reilly probably thought that he was going to be named captain over Landeskog. That could have added to his anger, who knows. All I know is I don't care what happens anymore. If he comes back, great, he'll remain one of my favourite players. If he gets traded, I hope its to the Leafs so he can rot with them and never sniff the playoffs or the Islanders so he can play for the wanger

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Money dispute, and in my opinion, captaincy dispute too as I feel O'Reilly probably thought that he was going to be named captain over Landeskog. That could have added to his anger, who knows. All I know is I don't care what happens anymore. If he comes back, great, he'll remain one of my favourite players. If he gets traded, I hope its to the Leafs so he can rot with them and never sniff the playoffs or the Islanders so he can play for the wanger

Yeah, pure speculation.

One thing is for sure, even if he was one of the top choices you couldn't make him a captain during the ongoing contract dispute.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't understand why people still think that O'Reilly will ever play for the Avs again. There is too much bad blood now. Even Subban who is known to have the ego the size of Mt. Everest decided to come down from his inital price (and Subban's initial price was justified). Who does O'Reilly think he is? Eric Lindros? Outrageous price demands and apprently acting like a diva over not getting the captaincy. I don't see how he ever gets the respect of the Avs locker room and the organization again. If he is being shopped around as rumored then organisations should think twice before trading for him. Who's to say he won't pull this same crap again?

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I don't understand why people still think that O'Reilly will ever play for the Avs again. There is too much bad blood now. Even Subban who is known to have the ego the size of Mt. Everest decided to come down from his inital price (and Subban's initial price was justified). Who does O'Reilly think he is? Eric Lindros? Outrageous price demands and apprently acting like a diva over not getting the captaincy. I don't see how he ever gets the respect of the Avs locker room and the organization again. If he is being shopped around as rumored then organisations should think twice before trading for him. Who's to say he won't pull this same crap again?

Better players have held out longer for more money and come back to their clubs.

That said I don't think most Avalanche fans are holding their breath.

Mant*

Better players have held out longer for more money and come back to their clubs.

Held out during the season? Signed in Russia with an out clause that says he has to be paid higher in the NHL to be released?

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

What is the history with Avalanche and people holding out? I think most of them got traded at some point..

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
The lockout makes this more equivalent to mid November or so though :)

But it's not November. It's a 48 game season where every game counts. He is doing more harm holding out now than he would be doing if it was a regular 82 game season.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Man...if he does get traded, why do I have the sinking feeling that the Avs will screw it up and get less value in return?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Because you're letting your frustration overtake the reality that Greg from accounting hasn't made a trade like that yet?

I know he hasn't, as I even have acknowledged that in a post in one of the O'Reilly threads.

But it also only takes one bad trade to define your "legacy" so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia