Rayan O'Rayli , From Russia with love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
So what if we sign O'Reilly and the Russian team won't release him? ;)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was going to create a new thread with the exact same title. Beaten to it by Frenchy.

So what if we sign O'Reilly and the Russian team won't release him? ;)

Nothing changes. We continue to argue and freak out while the Avs wait for O'Reilly. But that would really suck.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Quote from Freudian from the previous thread:

We'll see what happens. It's going to be a test of the maturity of this organization and willingness to do what it takes to win.

If Avs feel they have to trade him because he dared to be a tough negotiator, it's really bad news for the future. O'Reilly is the type of player you win championships with.​

Oh I agree with what you're saying, however I just don't see it. Regardless of the contract he ends up signing with the Avs, the questions will always be thereafter...'what happens when it expires'? 'How much is he going to want then'?

I'm not saying it's the right move, I'm just convinced he'll be dealt now. Sure he IS one of those players you win championships with but there are ALSO a lot of good players in this league that are also very valuable.

Also, I agree wholeheartedly on what you'd offer on a long-term 6+ deal which is EXACTLY what I've been proposing all along as well...well, until now. Now that he's actually missed a game, I believe the Avs will leave him in Russia for the entire season, pushing his UFA status back a year and either deal him at the draft or during the summer.

A lot of you scoffed when I mentioned the possibility to let him 'rot' over there for a while, early on in this process. It's looking like a real possibility and it would go a long way to at least show that there are consequences to such actions.

Hell, I'd love to believe that the deal will get done within the next few weeks and that everything will be honky dory again but from everything I can gather from the stance that O'Reilly has chosen COMBINED with everything I've seen from this organization for the last 18 years, I don't see this working out long-term. He's a goner. Likely, he'll be sent packing to a market where people don't give a crap about hockey, just to spite him. (lol)

member 116861

I'd love to get JJohnson, but I doubt they are ready to trade him away.

Do the Blue Jackets have anything we would want and they would be willing to trade for O'Reilly?

I agree with you guys that it most likely won't happen but I was just answering the question if there is anything from Columbus that we would want.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's kind of beside the point anyway, folks. Seriously doubt the Blue Jackets are in a huge hurry to throw money at a guy reportedly demanding $25 million when they got killed by the cap last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad