Rumor: Ray Ferraro to be Named Canucks Colour Commentator (Part-Time)

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Well this sucks, the guy has such an annoying voice, it's annoying enough listening to him when you play NHL video games.

Not questioning his knowledge of the game at all, he knows the game, it's just his voice in general can't stand it.
I'm not his biggest fan either but we could do so much worse IMO. I'm a believer in Randip Janda, but he probably has a lot of work to do in the radio broadcast booth before he gets to that level.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I'm not his biggest fan either but we could do so much worse IMO. I'm a believer in Randip Janda, but he probably has a lot of work to do in the radio broadcast booth before he gets to that level.
It might help Janda if he actually knew something about the game.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Is it the lisp
It's just the tone of his voice, and hearing it year after year after year of playing NHL games gets annoying.
I just can't stand Ray's voice, as for others I don't know, I probably would of picked Bieksa, but know with his other commitments he probably wouldn't be available.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Did Randip steal your girl or something?
Randip couldn’t steal a stick of gum.

He’s fine as a host on the meathead shows but he offers nothing as an analyst.

We’ve been spoiled for years with our commentators.

Maybe I’m setting my standards too high. It’s all a matter of personal preference at the end of the day.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
This comment, along with a @Punchmunhkin post from a while ago about the sad state of Finnish hockey, slightly depresses me. The Finns are the ones who're supposed to have everything figured out these days: education (especially education—best system in the world), equality, life balance, environment. C'mon! We're supposed to be able to count on the Finns! Get the hockey sorted out!
We had our dollar store don cherry, who unsuprisingly had a similar way out of the door. The world championships and olympics have a play-by-play guy calling the game alone and there are two options to choose from, depending if you have free or paid subscription: torment and purgatory. Offside, icing, high stick, puck over glass whistles are "play is stopped, looks like no penalty". I could rant forever.

I don't follow liiga so i can't tell how those broadcast teams are but the NHL broadcast from state owned YLE is horrible, lol. They can't keep up with the game and describe way too many plays with the adjective "unfathomable". Autopilot teflon mode McDavid could provide more intel than them during a 20 second intermission interview. I hate it and would love if the sauna club mentality would be overthrown.

Reactions: Lindgren

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Finns just sound like a European accent to me. Nothing overly distinct like the unnerving calmness of Swedish or weirdness of Danish. Which makes sense since it’s a completely unrelated language.
The accent was pretty heavy when he said the word "retriever". If I heard that word out of context, I would not have understood it. The rest of the interview was easy to understand for me. I know people make fun of Esa Tikkanen and his "Tikkanese" accent, but I thought his words were quite understandable when I watched interviews with him.
We call it Rally English in Finland because of how common it is among our top rally drivers to be from the country side (where I am from too) and often have extreme finnish accents. Jesse definitely qualifies as a speaker of Rally English.

To my ears it sounds absolutely horrific. :laugh:

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
We call it Rally English in Finland because of how common it is among our top rally drivers to be from the country side (where I am from too) and often have extreme finnish accents. Jesse definitely qualifies as a speaker of Rally English.

To my ears it sounds absolutely horrific. :laugh:
There was a Giraffe came through the crease up in the pads of silovs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad