Rumor: Ray Ferraro to be Named Canucks Colour Commentator (Part-Time)

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
So the rumour came out earlier in the week. It had been floating around through more unofficial channels for weeks prior.

Here’s Sekeres and John Shannon talking about it as a fact and not a rumour.

Shannon says it sounds like 25 home games and maybe 10 more on the road.

Really hope this is true. Always enjoyed Ferraro‘s segments back on Team 1040 & his WJC work. Thanks for sharing this @Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I thought they kind of were. Isn't he still going to be on the HNIC games? Just not Sportsnet?

It’s…unclear. All that’s been said is he won’t be doing regional games.

So fully possible he does HNIC for the Canucks, Ferraro handles 35 or so, and they rotate between other options for the rest of the season.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Will absolutely be rattled if Cory hirche gets to share games next years. He’s awful
That’s great if true..Unlike the usual boring fluff that gets called color commentary,…Rays unvarnished opinions are a breath of fresh air.

Billy Jaffe would be great, id like them to give him a try. The only thing is, we’d have to make him the highest paid color commentator In the league for him to leave NESN.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i am agnostic on ferraro. he's a good hockey mind but i don't think he is or has been emotionally invested in the canucks, and he's obviously a stop gap and a way to calm fans down. i predict the other person they intend to hire will be inexperienced and controversial and so they have leaked ferraro first. they obviously kicked garrett to the kurb with a plan, so this is a planned slow roll out.

i was thinking garrett gets a john shannon type talking head between periods gig. he is one of the best in the business in picking up details on goals and plays.

it would be embarrassing for him to do canuck games after that send off.

Reactions: mossey3535

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I miss those segments that are full of personality and fun. Like Fraser's "C'mon Ref" and Ferraro's "What's bugging Ray".

And of course, Botchford's "Stud and Duds".

Am I crazy to think that the current hockey media feels rather boring?

Right now the only thing I see in MSM that's even close to fun is the Quiz on TSN.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Other games will be a diversity hire.

It's amazing that of your >14 000 posts, the vast majority have been boring one liners with nothing to offer.

It's seriously amazing. I know exactly who posts your shtick without bothering to look at the name. The style and vacuity are inimitable.

---

Glad it's not Hirsch.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
If it's not going to be Cheech, then it's gotta be Ferarro. Always loved his thoughts and opinions from a former players standpoint. Telling listeners what a player is feeling during a particular moment, or his thoughts on a controversial play. Ferarro to me has always been very informative, and he seems to always keep me interested in what he's saying.

I really like this move on the Canucks behalf. They found a very knowledgeable person who really knows the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad