Confirmed with Link: Ray Emery re-signed to a one year contract (reported to be $1 million)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have re-signed goaltender Ray Emery to a one-year contract and signed goaltender Rob Zepp to a one-year, two-way contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

Emery, 31 (9/28/1982) went 9-12-2 with a 2.96 goals-against average and .903 save percentage to go along with two shutouts with the Flyers last season.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=724904

Last edited:

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Yes this team will look eerily similar to last season aside from Hartnell. I think they are really banking on Schenns,Couts, and Raffl to break out. Our biggest need was a winger for G and we managed to trade Hartnell essentially making our situation worse. I'm trying to be positive here but what the hell lol.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Preferred someone else but it's no big deal. We're not going to be contenders anyway. All the better options were sucked up pretty quickly

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Markstrom and Budaj both have to be moved. Dubnyk was just had for cheaper. I can't wrap my head around this one. It's not the end of the world, but it shouldn't have happened.

I'm sure he tried for Greiss or Montoya (otherwise Emery would have been signed sooner), but it seems like Hextall panicked once the market thinned out.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
giphy.gif

The new Hextall area also apparently includes a change from going for broke every season. It's good in the sense that no silly contracts were handed out by the Flyers, but this just smacks of not trying too hard.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They could've saved a lot of money by filling a trash can with sand so it doesn't get knocked over too easily and setting it in the crease.

PhantomLimb

Aug 31, 2011
Ottawa
Yes this team will look eerily similar to last season aside from Hartnell. I think they are really banking on Schenns,Couts, and Raffl to break out. Our biggest need was a winger for G and we managed to trade Hartnell essentially making our situation worse. I'm trying to be positive here but what the hell lol.

I couldn't agree more with you! So far I am very disappointed. I do not understand this concept of bringing back players we've dealt in the past all the while expecting a different result...

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
seriously I would rather a dead monkey hooked up to a machine that sent random pulses of electricity through its body in the crease than Emery

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00