Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
You mean the one that the crowd really wasn’t into nearly as much?

Because we could hear the crowd from where we were perfectly fine, as it was open. If you looked through the back of the bar, you could see the jumbo tron, so we were able to watch some of it.

I dont really care how much the crowd is into it. the crowd was also really into Gargano kicking out at super Cena levels of ridiculousness and it didnt make that good

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
At one point i was legit shocked he kicked out. You could even see it in my post in the GDT, like “omg he kicked out again” or something. That was my “are you kidding me” moment when watching that match and all the false finishes lmao

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Guys, it is 2019. More than ever, it is about the story, not a false sense of realism. He kicked out because his whole story has been about overcoming the odds. The crowd bought everything they were sold and, at the end of the day, that's what matters.
There are other ways to build suspense and false finishes without weakening everyone’s finish.

The only finish that’s protected in wrestling atm is Kenny Omega’s OWA because he has about five other moves that can finish a match and tell a story / build the suspense.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
They need to take a step back and protect the false finishes again for a while. It's over done imo

There are other ways to build suspense and false finishes without weakening everyone’s finish.

The only finish that’s protected in wrestling atm is Kenny Omega’s OWA because he has about five other moves that can finish a match and tell a story / build the suspense.

In general I agree with this. However, there are exceptions when I think it’s fine and maybe even needed.

Johnny Gargano needed that extra boost IMO. He was coming off a heel turn and he hadn’t really fully cemented his turn back to the ultimate babyface and you could tell by the reaction of the crowd. It was split if not favoring Adam Cole for much of the early going of the match.

But by the end? Goosebumps when Cole submits. In general, I think NXT does a solid job of protecting finishers and that was the first time Cole’s had been kicked out of.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
In general I agree with this. However, there are exceptions when I think it’s fine and maybe even needed.

Johnny Gargano needed that extra boost IMO. He was coming off a heel turn and he hadn’t really fully cemented his turn back to the ultimate babyface and you could tell by the reaction of the crowd. It was split if not favoring Adam Cole for much of the early going of the match.

But by the end? Goosebumps when Cole submits. In general, I think NXT does a solid job of protecting finishers and that was the first time Cole’s had been kicked out of.

And they INSISTED on commentary on it being the first time.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Cole was favored quite a bit. The chants were louder for Cole.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm a non-terrible person, so I'm going to actually post some spoilers in the spoiler thread!!

NXT results from the pre-show for TV next week:

Street Profits defeat Aichner & Barthel.
Ryker defeats Burch.
Candice defeats Aliyah.

Reactions: SeidoN

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm a non-terrible person, so I'm going to actually post some spoilers in the spoiler thread!!

NXT results from the pre-show for TV next week:

Street Profits defeat Aichner & Barthel.
Ryker defeats Burch.
Candice defeats Aliyah.

You're my new favorite poster.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I havent listened but apparently Meltzer mentioned bringing up Candice and Kairi? if anyone can confirm

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I havent listened but apparently Meltzer mentioned bringing up Candice and Kairi? if anyone can confirm
He did say that. He's written about Kairi before too. I hope they don't do that and separate her and Io Shirai

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don't know much about Io or Kairi, but if what they've done to Asuka is any indication I'd be hesitant to expect any good things to happen to either of the rookies. :help: :shakehead

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I feel the wwe needs to go to a dual finisher system - one move that can be kicked out of but also finishes a match and one that’s never kicked out of unless it’s an epic moment -

Ziegler Example: superkick is used to finish matches and can be kicked out of. Nobody kicks out of the zig zag

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I don't know much about Io or Kairi, but if what they've done to Asuka is any indication I'd be hesitant to expect any good things to happen to either of the rookies. :help: :shakehead
At least, unlike Asuka who just (not can) scream English words, Io and Kairi deliver decent English promos, and Kairi has 1000 times more personality than Asuka!

Reactions: The Crypto Gal

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel the wwe needs to go to a dual finisher system - one move that can be kicked out of but also finishes a match and one that’s never kicked out of unless it’s an epic moment -

Ziegler Example: superkick is used to finish matches and can be kicked out of. Nobody kicks out of the zig zag

Becky doesn't have either, she's never had a pin finish on the main roster. I don't even remember the last time she tapped anyone out, either. When she beat Charlotte she reversed a pin and put her through a table from the top rope. Now she reverses again after they get out of her submission. She's supposed to be a top star - she's supposed to [insert actual male top star here] but they won't even let her beat anyone definitively. There's no spear, or stunner, or AA, or RKO. The sub she does have isn't even that impressive either frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad