WWE: Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
He's an excellent wrestler, I don't know why they gave him a sexy ethnic heart throb gimmick though.

He works much better as a cocky heel that wants to one up the other guy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Samson and Almas are reportedly a part of the talent shakeup this week.

I hope Samson goes to Raw.

We say that, but I'm sure Vince isn't going to let Corey Graves constantly bury him since both are supposed to be heels.

Which, if and when that happens, it will bury the Drifter. Whatever appeal he had, that was a big part of it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's an excellent wrestler, I don't know why they gave him a sexy ethnic heart throb gimmick though.

He works much better as a cocky heel that wants to one up the other guy.

He's so great now as a heel. I thought he shined so much more than Black at takeover.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
updates from WOR

AJ is likely still going to RAW.

Dave has heard yes and no on Reigns going to SDL. But Roman/Braun is the Payback main event currently.

New Day to SDL.

Charlotte and Alexa are swapping. Sasha going to SDL is being strongly talked about.

"Two major women will switch on each side"

"Storylines are gonna be screwed up because of this"

Nakamura/Orton will be top babyfaces on SDL

Because Braun is Brock's next program, Dave speculated that AJ might cost Reigns the Payback match (if Roman stays) because Braun will need some form of win for the Lesnar angle.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Nakamura/Orton as the top babyfaces on Smackdown is going to be a disaster. Not because of Nakamura, but because Orton.

That brand NEEDS Rollins or Balor.

Charlotte/Alexa swap isn't completely surprising. Sasha going WITH Charlotte is surprising.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Roman Reigns going to Smackdown would be nice just so I wouldn't have to deal with Orton in a permanent top spot. I'd much rather have Reigns these days.

Listening to it now, Meltzer didn't confirm Orton/Nak as the top SD guys. He said "probably". It appears he doesn't know whether a top guy from Raw will move to Smackdown to be in a top babyface role -- someone like Seth or Finn. Personally, I'd move Seth because he's worked everyone there is to work on Raw. It's been 13 years -- how many more times are you going to try Randy in a top babyface role? He doesn't bring in viewers or draw live event attendances. I know if I'm considering buying a ticket to a show and I see Randy at the top of the card for a live event I'm going to be less likely to buy that ticket compared to a Cena, Styles, Nakamura, Wyatt, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Balor, etc.

I wish they didn't put the title on Orton so they could have moved Randy to Raw instead.

Styles, Orton, Bliss, American Alpha, Carmella, Miz to RAW
Rollins, Reigns (maybe), Charlotte, New Day, Rusev, Zayn to SD

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It sounds like New Day is set to move too. Charlotte/Bliss is set. Miz SHOULD be set, you'd think, from a storyline perspective. If not, Miz/Nakamura is the program to do on Smackdown for sure. I would like Miz to stay on SD, though, because I think he'll get a better chance on Smackdown compared to Raw.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Same. Before the superstar shakeup came, I was hoping we'd get the usual summer draft and they would draft Big E to Smackdown instead of breaking up The New Day by turning one heel. Big E would break out on Smackdown and be a star.

The fact that this company actually sees Randy as a top face to carry a brand is hilarious in 2017 imo. Austin and Keller are right: Orton is a B-minus player.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
AJ costing Reigns his match and then going into another feud with Reigns to be buried is garbage.

Orton as top babyface is also garbage, Put Seth on SD if AJ is gone.

Interesting that Sasha might be getting traded as well.. maybe they're saving Sasha/Bayley for a while

Oct 18, 2011
Nakamura/Orton as the top babyfaces on Smackdown is going to be a disaster. Not because of Nakamura, but because Orton.

That brand NEEDS Rollins or Balor.

Charlotte/Alexa swap isn't completely surprising. Sasha going WITH Charlotte is surprising.
When those SmackDown shows don't draw i wonder who gets blamed lol.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
When those SmackDown shows don't draw i wonder who gets blamed lol.

The Japanese guy with the weird movements, probably.

I'll never forget 2011 -- Christian had won the World Title and then they put the title on Randy right after. Viewership started dipping, Christian regained the title at MITB, and SD's ratings that went from 1.7 with Randy as champ jumped to 1.9 on Christian's first week as champ again and then 2.0 the week after. As soon as Randy regained the title at Summerslam, ratings fell to the 1.7 number again.

Mark Henry then takes the title off Randy Orton at Night of Champions and the SD ratings jumped from 1.7 to 2.2! In Mark Henry's 14 weeks as World champion on Smackdown, the rating only fell below 2.0 5 times but only went below 1.9 one time. Randy Orton's title reign only scored one show at a 2.0 rating and it was a special live edition of Smackdown that featured Orton vs. Christian in a Cage match. Orton never drew a 2.0 rating as champ and he held the title from April - September with the exception of four weeks between MITB - SS.

Daniel Bryan, who won the title after Henry, held the title for 15 episodes of Smackdown and had 7 shows of 2.0 or greater, 12 shows of 1.9 or greater and only three shows below 1.9.

Even Sheamus and Big Show drew better as World champions for the remainder of 2012. Randy Orton is a flop, plain and simple.

Never forget during the hot Bryan-Authority angle where Randy Orton, the champ, couldn't even lead the top of the hour because he was only guy in recent history that was DRIVING VIEWERS AWAY at the top of the hour rather than bringing more viewers in so they had to move him to the half-hour time slot. For all they've given him, he's one of the biggest flops -- if not, THE biggest flop in recent history when it comes to drawing an audience.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I like Orton a lot. I think he's a world class wrestler which is rare for someone who can't do all of those high flying moves as well. He needs some sort of change. A personality. He's not a face, he's definitely a heel. Wish he would go tweener or so again. RKO'ing everyone regardless of who they are.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What Cornette likes to say about HHH perfectly applies to Orton: Orton is the guy who should be working with the guy who draws the money and viewers. Cena, Bryan... Orton isn't a guy who draws money.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the stuff with Wyatt would have worked, specifically that match at Wrestlemania, Orton (and Wyatt) would be looking great. Neither Orton nor Wyatt can get by on just having great matches, the two they've had with each other already under-delivered, and both of them by a lot. And quite frankly, that's the MO on Orton's career.

I know he was looking forward to working with new people, and we were looking forward to it as well, but it hasn't worked out since his return. If they were lining up he and AJ, then they should just do it.

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
The Wyatts are pretty much dead in the water again. They've had so many breakups and reunions that the believably just isn't there anymore.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I do wonder about Bray. I know he is a good worker, but he really hasn't had an amazing match when he gets the spotlight on him. Not since DB IMO.

His match with DB was amazing. I don't really remember his matches with Cena. I know he was pretty banged up against an old (can't go anymore) Taker so nothing special was going to come of that. His HiaC with Reigns was cool. So he's kind of been alright with his bigger matches.

I think he can really go just needs the right dance partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad