Raw/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
John Cena is now a part-time talent, scheduled for only six house shows from now through to November and only one of those house shows being in America.

It's safe to assume that Dean Ambrose ends up on Smackdown since WWE will need a top face to headline the Smackdown house shows.

Based on that, the top-three full-time TV talents (not including house shows) for each brand seem to look like: Reigns, Rollins and Orton on Raw and Cena, Styles and Ambrose on Smackdown. If I had to pick one, I know which brand I'd prefer to watch in that case.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
John Cena is now a part-time talent, scheduled for only six house shows from now through to November and only one of those house shows being in America.

It's safe to assume that Dean Ambrose ends up on Smackdown since WWE will need a top face to headline the Smackdown house shows.

Based on that, the top-three full-time TV talents (not including house shows) for each brand seem to look like: Reigns, Rollins and Orton on Raw and Cena, Styles and Ambrose on Smackdown. If I had to pick one, I know which brand I'd prefer to watch in that case.

Does that mean Dean loses this Monday so that the WWE Championship remains on Raw? Or is Dean carrying the WWE Championship with him and the new World Title will debut on Raw?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I like the idea of both Rollins and Reigns pinning Ambrose at the same time, and then you use that to split the title into the two belts.

But as they've already chanced the name of the current one, I don't expect they'll do anything like that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
When is Reigns officially off of suspension?

Why is Rollins getting a title shot 6 days before the triple threat anyway? What was the story?

(Missed RAW, on vacation)

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

Why is Rollins getting a title shot 6 days before the triple threat anyway? What was the story?

basically Seth was again calling for Reigns to be removed from the Triple Threat

Ambrose said "why wait" and gave him a singles shot on Raw

Ambrose proving he will defend any time against anyone

it was a really good promo, go watch it

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

The suspension ends after Smackdown, but before the PPV. So the first time he'll be on screen again will be at Battleground.

I don't know if he'll be doing any of the house shows that weekend or not.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I like the idea of both Rollins and Reigns pinning Ambrose at the same time, and then you use that to split the title into the two belts.

But as they've already chanced the name of the current one, I don't expect they'll do anything like that.

Just have a triple pinfall. All three men down in the middle of the ring, Rollins and Reigns with an arm on Ambrose, Ambrose with an arm on Rollins and Reigns at each his side.

Reigns vs. Rollins have a match for the vacated title at Summerslam for the Raw brand and Ambrose carries the title to Smackdown and challenges someone like Owens or Cesaro while Cena and Styles have a match - where, in an ideal world (but I know better) - Styles would win and become the number one contender to Ambrose's title in the Fall and eventually take it off him while Cena works with the younger talents.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The only reason to have a ridiculous triple pin is to have the rematch at summerslam.

and if they were to do that, i'd have reigns super man punch ambrose but he doesn't immediately fall and stumbles for a few seconds first. Meanwhile rollins pedigrees reigns right after the superman punch and he bounces off the match to land close to ambrose's body. Rollins goes for a pin and is laid down looking in the opposite direction of ambrose while ambrose barely gets his arm over to cover reigns and both rollins and ambrose "win" but obviously you can't have a double win so they re-do the match at Summerslam

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The CWC tapings are done, so here are the results of round two:

Episode 5:
Gran Metalik defeats Tajiri
Kota Ibushi defeats Cendric Alexander

Episode 6:
Akira Tozawa defeats Jack Gallagher
Noam Dar defeats Ho Ho Lun
Brian Kendrick defeats Tony Nese

Episode 7:
Rich Swann defeats Lince Dorado
Zack Sabre Jr. defeats Drew Gulack
TJ Perkins defeats Johnny Gargano

This makes the next round of matches:

Akira Tozawa vs Gran Metalik
Zack Sabre Jr. vs Noam Dar

Kota Ibush vs Brian Kendrick
Rich Swann vs TJ Perkins

The Ibushi vs Alexander match is said to be a great one. After the match there was a chant of “please sign Cedric”, to which HHH came out and took him away, which is kinda awesome.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE's started releasing some show lineups for post-draft dates, and while neither specify Raw or Smackdown exclusive, one of the cards includes:

- Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt in the main event for the WWE/World Title.
- Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles.
- The Miz vs. Cesaro for the IC Title.

Card subject to change, but this really lines up with the talk of Styles and Cena headlining one brand, plus a Reigns or Ambrose needed to headline the house shows with Cena being a part-timer and the mid-card titles being separated. The only surprising one is Orton being on the date instead of Raw, but I'm going to guess this one ends up being changed and he's on Raw.

If this happened, it would seem to be:

Reigns, Rollins, Lesnar, Owens, Zayn, Jericho, Rusev on Raw
Cena, Styles, Ambrose, Wyatt, Orton, Cesaro, Miz on SD

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The CWC tapings are done, so here are the results of round two:

Episode 5:
Gran Metalik defeats Tajiri
Kota Ibushi defeats Cendric Alexander

Episode 6:
Akira Tozawa defeats Jack Gallagher
Noam Dar defeats Ho Ho Lun
Brian Kendrick defeats Tony Nese

Episode 7:
Rich Swann defeats Lince Dorado
Zack Sabre Jr. defeats Drew Gulack
TJ Perkins defeats Johnny Gargano

This makes the next round of matches:

Akira Tozawa vs Gran Metalik
Zack Sabre Jr. vs Noam Dar

Kota Ibush vs Brian Kendrick
Rich Swann vs TJ Perkins

The Ibushi vs Alexander match is said to be a great one. After the match there was a chant of “please sign Cedricâ€, to which HHH came out and took him away, which is kinda awesome.

That would be so awesome... I have seen that guy wrestle here in Quebec City against one of our local guys a few months ago. 15$, first row. He stiffed the **** out of the kid he was doing a job for. Awesome match though. He is even more impressive live.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's likely Ambrose.

I'm pretty confident that The Shield doesn't end up on the same program.

Man then I really hope we get the big triple threat at Summerslam. That would be disappointing for the biggest triple threat in a very long time to be wasted at Battleground.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Man then I really hope we get the big triple threat at Summerslam. That would be disappointing for the biggest triple threat in a very long time to be wasted at Battleground.

It'll be at Battleground and then they're on their separate ways (well, whichever Shield member - likely Ambrose is on the opposite brand).

This IS their big triple-threat match. People scoff because it's at Battleground, but Lesnar vs. Rollins also happened at Battleground.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Shield Triple Threat easily could have been a WM Main Event. It's a bummer that it isn't on a huge huge huge stage. The stage does matter, IMO.

I also would love a group (The Club or Wyatts or anyone) to go on like a 1 year absolute reign of dominance only to have The Shield reunite and go to war. One of the coolest moments in wrestling is when the crowd lost their mind at the Wyatts/Shield getting on the ring apron and slowly getting into the ring together.

What a ****ing awesome moment that was.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Before the brand split, there were talks of a Shield vs. Club match down the road, FWIW.

Summerslam will likely be:
- Reigns/Rollins for the RAW title
- Cena/Styles, either non-title or for SD title
- Ambrose/??? (Owens/Wyatt?), for SD title or non-title
- Lesnar/Orton
- Sasha/Charlotte

and some other stuff.

It's also a four-hour show, so it'll be packed. It could even be Ambrose vs. Wyatt if Wyatt is done with The New Day at that point, and that could be the show where Wyatt finally wins a title if Ambrose can keep the title after moving to Smackdown...

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Before the brand split, there were talks of a Shield vs. Club match down the road, FWIW.

Summerslam will likely be:
- Reigns/Rollins for the RAW title
- Cena/Styles, either non-title or for SD title
- Ambrose/??? (Owens/Wyatt?), for SD title or non-title
- Lesnar/Orton
- Sasha/Charlotte

and some other stuff.

It's also a four-hour show, so it'll be packed. It could even be Ambrose vs. Wyatt if Wyatt is done with The New Day at that point, and that could be the show where Wyatt finally wins a title if Ambrose can keep the title after moving to Smackdown...

I haven't been following much spoilers lately. Have there already been leaks on who's going to be on each show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad