Raw/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I haven't been following much spoilers lately. Have there already been leaks on who's going to be on each show?

When it first came out, the idea was that Reigns/Rollins would lead Raw and Cena/Styles would lead Smackdown. With Cena being a part-time performer and Ambrose being their biggest full-time house show draw on the roster and already leading his own tours, Ambrose is likely going to be on the Smackdown brand to carry the house shows with Cena being part-time.

One live event card has been announced for post-Summerslam, and while it doesn't indicate any brand, the advertised matches are Ambrose/Wyatt, Orton/Styles and Miz/Cesaro which would point to it being a Smackdown brand live event with Styles and Ambrose being on the card.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There's this Nakamura chap who might be of interest for such a position... :D

They seem to want to give him a run with the NXT belt first.

Observor mentioned major names were juggled in recent weeks for the draft.

Also that nothing major is expected to happen at Battleground, and it is being treated as a pure lead in show for Summerslam because of the draft. Everything major will be saved for Summerslam.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Before the brand split, there were talks of a Shield vs. Club match down the road, FWIW.

Summerslam will likely be:
- Reigns/Rollins for the RAW title
- Cena/Styles, either non-title or for SD title
- Ambrose/??? (Owens/Wyatt?), for SD title or non-title
- Lesnar/Orton
- Sasha/Charlotte

and some other stuff.

It's also a four-hour show, so it'll be packed. It could even be Ambrose vs. Wyatt if Wyatt is done with The New Day at that point, and that could be the show where Wyatt finally wins a title if Ambrose can keep the title after moving to Smackdown...

PLEASE!!!! so much yes

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
On the signing of guys from the CWC.

PWTorch has reported that both Kota Ibushi and Gran Metalik (Mascara Dorada in CMLL/Mexico) have signed with WWE.

He also says that they're trying to also sign Zack Sabre, Jr., Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado, Akira Tozawa, and Jack Gallagher. But they'll take a while to sign, so they won't be doing so soon. All would be awesome ofc.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

PWTorch has reported that both Kota Ibushi and Gran Metalik (Mascara Dorada in CMLL/Mexico) have signed with WWE.

He also says that they're trying to also sign Zack Sabre, Jr., Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado, Akira Tozawa, and Jack Gallagher. But they'll take a while to sign, so they won't be doing so soon. All would be awesome ofc.

I really wonder if they are going to move the CWC into a Lucha Underground type show or even its own show completely as some of the talents there are impressive. I really liked the guy that lost in the first matchup of the first episode. entertaining wrestler.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

Alexander doesn't surprise me
Zack Sabre Jr is sort of surprising to me but I love it

Sounds pretty exciting

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Alexander doesn't surprise me
Zack Sabre Jr is sort of surprising to me but I love it

Sounds pretty exciting
They've been courting Sabre Jr. for ages, he's someone that HHH really likes. I honestly think that if Sabre were to sign soon, that he'd become the new Bálor in that he'd be the new "HHH's guy".

It's more surprising that Gallagher is on that list, he's sort of like a British Vaudevillian (and thus superior, ofc). Be he'd be great in NXT. I think he's one of the guys who got over well with the live audience during the CWC, which is definitely something that they take note of for NXT signings.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I really wonder if they are going to move the CWC into a Lucha Underground type show or even its own show completely as some of the talents there are impressive. I really liked the guy that lost in the first matchup of the first episode. entertaining wrestler.
They can't really do that. They need the guy in NXT to keep that roster stocked so it can keep touring and drawing crowds.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we see another show similar to the CWC down the line, assuming that this one is a success. Maybe not exactly the same, say have heavyweights or all north americans instead, but similar presentation and style.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Balor vs Nakamuda would make sense if they were both coming up.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Did they have some epic 10 man/women tag match!?!?

AA, Fin, Nakamura and Bayley <3 my NXT favs

Isn't Nakamura gonna stick around NXT a bit longer tho? possibly winning the title off Joe?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nakamura was never meant to be in NXT for long, so I don't think he'll be there after Brooklyn. My plans would be something like...

Brooklyn - Joe defeats Nakamura, Nakamura leaves NXT
~October - Itami defeats Joe
~December - Itami defeats Joe, Joe leaves NXT
Wrestlemania - ??? defeats Itami, Itami leaves NXT

The unknown is just who ever they're going to push as their new face of NXT.

But ofc plans always changed. They might want Nakamura there long as he's their biggest draw atm.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Did they have some epic 10 man/women tag match!?!?

AA, Fin, Nakamura and Bayley <3 my NXT favs

Isn't Nakamura gonna stick around NXT a bit longer tho? possibly winning the title off Joe?

Observer or Insider in the past two weeks mentioned they do want to give a Nakamura a run with the strap.

He could do double duty of course

I would expect Joe loses to Nakamura and goes up soon afterward.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

I like Jack. He's entertaining

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Honestly as charismatic as Nakamura is, I am worried a little bit he going to be a joke when he comes up as a lot of the wwe crowd doesn't appreciate the wrestling as much as the nxt crowd does.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Daniel Bryan is backstage tonight. He's expected to be named as the Smackdown General Manager, which was revealed in the leak on WWE.com last week.

The last time he was in Providence, RI:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->