Recalled/Assigned: Rathbone & Podkolzin to Abbtosford; Di Giuseppe Recalled

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Actually knowing if one of those things is true before worrying if they would be a reason he would go back to russia instead of the ahl.

He could not want to live nearer family, not make any more as a loan player and cost of living in moscow might actually suck comparitive to his current financial situation.

Ok. Sorry. Misunderstood your initial question completely.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Well if they said, “down to the ahl for you for the rest of the year”. But even then, he and his wife get to live in the same house, on the same money, working towards the same dream…

What would be the net benefit for him, considering when he did play for SKA he wasn’t exactly getting alot of minutes or responsibilities.

What's the benefit?
-Playing at home
-Be with family
-Earn more $$
-Be more comfortable in his surroundings
-Work on his development.

Yes "Paying your dues in the AHL" is considered common for North Americans. But this generally different with established KHLers. For better/worse, the AHL is seen as a dump league, where you ride buses around to the hinterland of Canada/USA.
You know those crazy Russia stories on Spittin' Chicklets?.... Our Russian dudes have similar things with the AHL.

Of course there are many examples to the contrary, everyone is different. It's why situations need to be judged on a case by case basis. But in past interviews Podkolzin has come across as having an aversion to the AHL.
All I'm saying is that it wouldn't suprise me if he requested a loan to the KHL for the rest of the year if he were to stay in AHL for a considerable time.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
What's the benefit?
-Playing at home
-Be with family
-Earn more $$
-Be more comfortable in his surroundings
-Work on his development.

Yes "Paying your dues in the AHL" is considered common for North Americans. But this generally different with established KHLers. For better/worse, the AHL is seen as a dump league, where you ride buses around to the hinterland of Canada/USA.
You know those crazy Russia stories on Spittin' Chicklets?.... Our Russian dudes have similar things with the AHL.

Of course there are many examples to the contrary, everyone is different. It's why situations need to be judged on a case by case basis. But in past interviews Podkolzin has come across as having an aversion to the AHL.
All I'm saying is that it wouldn't suprise me if he requested a return to the KHL for the rest of the year if he were to stay in AHL for a considerable time.
Nothing more, nothing less.
I am saying it will surprise me, no matter how much stuff you say is a factor, I say it is not because its all over stated…

Good thing is we get to find out. And then actually know.

Reactions: Nomobo and Zine

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I am saying it will surprise me, no matter how much stuff you say is a factor, I say it is not because its all over stated…

Good thing is we get to find out. And then actually know.

That's fine. But you asked what the net benefit would be, and I answered.

And these aren't stabs in the dark either considering he's previously shown aversion to the AHL. I'm describing a very common trend and opinion from KHLrs.
But of course everyone is different.

At the very least I hope they don't leave him down there for too long. That's not good for anybody.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Podkolzin is the kind of player that won't break out until he's 25 or 26. Very slow developer. But I think he has potential to be a 25 or 30 goal player eventually who can throw a lot of hits and play a two way game.

Reactions: Brookbank

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Podkolzin is the kind of player that won't break out until he's 25 or 26. Very slow developer. But I think he has potential to be a 25 or 30 goal player eventually who can throw a lot of hits and play a two way game.

I think he has some serious issues with confidence he needs to address.

The current situatiuon mirrors what happened in SKA.
He'll go stretches where quite good, but then he'll hit a bump in the road and easily get stuck in a rut...which then affects his playing time. Then, playing limited minutes, instead of doing what he's good at he plays to not make a mistake.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Podkolzin will be fine. He started looking good and then had a few bad games with some costly turnovers that hurt his confidence and playing time. BB had to shorten the leash to get this team back on the rails. Can't afford Hoglander and Podkolzin who are not big time producers yet making mistakes when were already a turnover and coverage poor team amongst the big minute players,

He'll get a few games in the AHL then start making a difference down the stretch as games become more about puck battles

I would trade Lekkerimaki for a 1st. Pod i believe will be a very important piece in a few years JL i have no confidence in being anything that impacts games

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Just in time to trade him at the deadline to start a retool.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

And these aren't stabs in the dark either considering he's previously shown aversion to the AHL. I'm describing a very common trend and opinion from KHLrs.

At the very least I hope they don't leave him down there for too long. That's not good for anybody.
You misunderstood him.

He wanted to know if someone actually knew for sure what Podz is thinking and what he wants to do.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
You misunderstood him.
He wanted to know if someone actually knew for sure what Podz is thinking and what he wants to do.
I appreciate your deescalation attitude.

I was grumpy and I don’t want this post to come across as attacking

But my post wasn’t asking a question at all. I was making a statement, so then I snapped back at people replying like it was a question.

I probably shouldn’t because having people respond and have engagement is much better then not, even disagreeing… don’t take it personally.

Edit: also there is a question but I meant it as rhetorical, but its up to me to be clear because it is a question…

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

Sorry dog. I see there is a question but I was ranting and it was meant to be rhetorical. My bad homie.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Yeah, and the state of the situation in Russia right now, I'd imagine people are looking for a way to avoid going back to Russia more than anything.
That's if you believe everything in our media without considering that theres 2 sides to every story. In Russia there is no draft, no currency crisis, no banking crisis and no balance of payments crisis. Yet if you watch our media for 5 minutes you'd believe there is all 4 in spades.

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
That's if you believe everything in our media without considering that theres 2 sides to every story. In Russia there is no draft, no currency crisis, no banking crisis and no balance of payments crisis. Yet if you watch our media for 5 minutes you'd believe there is all 4 in spades.
Er, I have friends in Russia and employees who just evacuated their families out of Russia that confirm otherwise, but you be you.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver

Asset?

There's literally nothing in the Canucks' prospect pipeline, is there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad