Recalled/Assigned: Rathbone & Podkolzin to Abbtosford; Di Giuseppe Recalled

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
About time really...those guys need to get some game minutes in and try to get some good confidence built up.

Agreed. My initial response was REALLY?? But the more I thought about it, they need to get some games in and get the confidence back. The big club has everyone working hard and contributing at the moment, so this does make sense.

I just hope we see them back before too long - Podkolzin especially.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
This was the right call. Better for Pod to get some top minute reps in Abby as Hog as cemented a longer look on the Horvat line.

Only thing is I hope they (Bruce) communicate this to Pods. His confidence is correlated to how he plays.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Podkolzin won’t be happy. He was always paranoid about being sent to the AHL. Oh well, it’s the NHL, gotta play hard each shift to earn your spot.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Assuming it’s conditioning for rathbone? Or did he clear waivers?

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
For all the confusion - don’t think Rathbone, Podkolzin or Hoglander have to clear waivers to be sent to AHL (someone correct me if I’m wrong)

Reactions: ChilliBilly

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
For all the confusion - don’t think Rathbone, Podkolzin or Hoglander have to clear waivers to be sent to AHL (someone correct me if I’m wrong)
Rathbone isn’t on a ELC, he’s subject to waivers.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Right moves. Podkolzin looked good very early this year but hasn't been a difference make this year. Good opportunity for him to get some reps.

Rathbone isn't an NHL player right now.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well, coming into this year I would have bet good money that Hoglander would be the guy going down over Podzolkin.
But I think he’ll be back soon and will figure it out. Tough to make changes right now the way the team is playing.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
While in the AHL, convert PodZ to playing exclusively at Centre and the transformation, to the position he was meant to play, will be complete.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
The right call, both of them simply haven’t been good enough. Hopefully they get lots of minutes and can get back on track

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Podkolzin won’t be happy. He was always paranoid about being sent to the AHL. Oh well, it’s the NHL, gotta play hard each shift to earn your spot.
He probably hasn't really thought about the KHL much. But now that he's been send to the AHL? We already lost a Russian to the KHL with Tryamkin. Lets see if we can lose 2 of them. Well done management.

Id rather have him struggle though it in the NHL than struggle through it in the AHL. But thats just me.

about F'n Time

we were bordering on Benning level's of stupidity with this taking so long.
Yeah we should have put the KHL in Podkolzins mind sooner. That should really help us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad