• D

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • F

Votes: 6 2.3%

• Total voters

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Look I'm not the gm but I'm sure donny could have added some center insurance. We weak down there unless haula becomes all Craig janney and becomes a suberb 2nd c I'll eat crow. I hope he does and he helps big time for playoff run. So far he's been looking good.
basically pacing the same amount of points since Jan 1st as Bergeron. So uh, tell me how you like your crow cooked.

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
By being aggressive defending the red and blue line and if we fail collapse around the net. Its what has lead the the Bruins being #1 in the league (and not really close) at preventing high danger shots. Ullmark was bad early on in the season and its screw up their overall goals allowed numbers... but the best defensive team in hockey just added a 6'4" guy who is excellent at both preventing zone entries AND defending around his net.
Yes defend relentlessly and win those 2 to1 games overtime edition. My heart is strong. Let's go!

Reactions: inactive user

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yes defend relentlessly and win those 2 to1 games overtime edition. My heart is strong. Let's go!

Good to have the optimistic don godfather back!

If the Bruins grabbed Lindholm on TDL day instead of the day before this place would have been stoked. We all just started spending the cap space on players that didn't end up being traded and let our imagination run wild. The team is a lot better than it was before the deadline. They are clearly the best defensive team in hockey now.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Good to have the optimistic don godfather back!

If the Bruins grabbed Lindholm on TDL day instead of the day before this place would have been stoked. We all just started spending the cap space on players that didn't end up being traded and let our imagination run wild. The team is a lot better than it was before the deadline. They are clearly the best defensive team in hockey now.
I'm ok with strategy and probably the only feasible strategy look all that firepower out there . I mean playing leafs for example haula vs maner taveras vs Coyle. We weak down the middle. Gotta bottle them up and frustrate them.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Id like to call out the fact that in the year the bruins won the cup their 2nd line consisted of players who scored between 41 and 57 pts. The bruins have holes up front, but 2C ain't one of them. The only deals were for junk, lateral moves that didn't make sense or massive overpayments for overrated players. If anything I wish the bruins grabbed a 2nd RD on the TDL outside of Brown

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Id like to call out the fact that in the year the bruins won the cup their 2nd line consisted of players who scored between 41 and 57 pts. The bruins have holes up front, but 2C ain't one of them. The only deals were for junk, lateral moves that didn't make sense or massive overpayments for overrated players. If anything I wish the bruins grabbed a 2nd RD on the TDL outside of Brown
LOL 2C isn't an issue huh? Wow, that is pretty hardcore Dale Arnold level sucking up right there. Erik Haula wouldn't be the second line center on any of the other playoff teams so how far you think the Bruins are going not making overpayments for talent when they had the cap space and prospects to do it?

I'll answer that for you, unless Swayman becomes Ken Dryden when he was a rookie 1 round.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
1648070465703.gif

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

That second line consisted of three future Hall of Famers.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Correct. But in none of those proposals did I ever say Vaak and a 1st for Lindholm. I always included one 2nd rounder for each deal. You are discounting the fact that it wasn't just Moore that cost the additional 2nd rounder. It was taking 50% back as well. So in the first deal I included a 2nd and Moore because the Ducks weren't taking back any salary.

I think you're just not gonna get it, guy.

Screenshot_20220323-185533_Google.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220323-185533_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220323-185533_Google.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 1

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
LOL 2C isn't an issue huh? Wow, that is pretty hardcore Dale Arnold level sucking up right there. Erik Haula wouldn't be the second line center on any of the other playoff teams so how far you think the Bruins are going not making overpayments for talent when they had the cap space and prospects to do it?

I'll answer that for you, unless Swayman becomes Ken Dryden when he was a rookie 1 round.
its not an issue because the wingers drive the line, Haula just needs to mesh

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Hall-Krejci-Debrusk vs. Hall-Haula-Pasta is kind of a wash, no? Two great players and one average one driving it down. I can see the argument that the center is more essential in winning puck possession and distribution, but in the end it's not so different from last year.

Haula centering that line isn't the concern, the concern is if Bergeron gets banged up then everyone at C gets bumped up and you have major problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad