How do you rate Round 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
A+.

Love Kravstov and Miller big time. Two potential home run picks.

Lundkvist is also very intriguing. One of the youngest players in the draft (he’s still 17). From the clips I’ve seen, he’s a smooth skater with nice hands.

Reactions: Ola

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
You can definitely find good players in the latter half of the secou round. However, not a single 48th overall pick since 2005 (except maybe Carter Hart in the future) has amounted to anything in the NHL. That pick could end up being good, but over the last dozen years, it's amounted to nothing.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
really 1st pairing? and only 5 points?

your negative opinion would be warranted if you had actually watched any of his games. If you want to shit on the pick at least watch some of his games before spouting off offensive stats about a defenseman.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I have this feeling that Rangers draft based on what prospects some of their scouts fall in love with especially early. Not sure they do a thorough scouting of all leagues, I think they feel like they have an edge if they focus on scouting Europe and Russia

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I have this feeling that Rangers draft based on what prospects some of their scouts fall in love with especially early.

As most teams do.

Not sure they do a thorough scouting of all leagues, I think they feel like they have an edge if they focus on scouting Europe and Russia
Yes, the rangers barely spend any time scouting in the US and Canada. All of the effort is put into scouting Europe. This is clearly evidenced by their draft history.

Reactions: Inferno

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Love the potential of Kravtsov but would have preferred Dobson or Wahlstrom. Rangers had him ranked as the #2 forward in the overall draft plus some analysts say he would have gone in the next 3 picks so they couldn’t have traded down so I will trust. Was hoping to trade Zucc to get into the mid 1st round. Tough to grade because I have no clue if it would have been available or not. 48oa seemed like a steep price to move up 5 spots for Miller but the luxury of extra picks gives the power to get the guy they wanted. Lundkvist seems like a reach and reports of him being pushed around in his own zone scare the hell out of me.

B- but what the hell do I know, not like I have seen these players play, just reading scouting reports.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Maybe I overreacted a bit, I would revise my score to a C, to trade up 4 spots we should have given up a 3rd rounder.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
1. we fail to trade away any of our players
2. We take a reach and a Russian factor at#9 instead of trading down to get him
3. We grossly overpay to trade up from #26 to #22
4. we take a player at 22 who very likely have been available at #26
5. we take an undersized soft Swedish Dman at #28 instead of going with a legit power forward like Noel

This is a solid D-

1. You need 2 parties to make a trade
2. Kravtsov was ranked top 5 on several teams. Not a reach
3. Grossly overpaid? Maybe a bit, but a mid/low 2nd rounder to move up isn't that bad.
4. Baseless assumption. Your bread and butter
5. We passed on a player, the next 3 teams passed on as well. Is he really that good then?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'd go with A-

We got 2 guys I wanted where we picked. The only small disappointment is not getting Kaut or Bokk at 22. Miller is a good high upside D man though

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Team AGAIN says to the world “We are smarter than everyone!!!” Shakes fist in the air

I say Grade of FFFFFFF just because nothing has changed.

I’m no expert but it’s the crass that I grade... the hubris.

“We are NY and we know better!”

As the MCIlrath Jessimans stand to salute

Maybe a little drunk and pissed but it is what it ALWAYS is

Last edited:

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Kravtsov pick: B
Trading up to 22: B-
Miller pick: A
Lundkvist pick: A

I averaged it out to a B+. I'm happy with our first round.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Krafts is an A- pick, the only player I would have picked over him was Wahlstrom.

I would of taken Dobson as well, but that isn't factored into my B.

I just really like Wahlstrom.

But Kravtsov was the third guy I wanted there, and he's a hell of a prospect. No complaints from me. I'm not sure what the concensus on that pick is, but I certainly wouldn't consider it a reach.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Team AGAIN says to the world “We are smarter than everyone!!!” Shakes fist in the air

I say Grade of FFFFFFF just because nothing has changed.

I’m no expert but it’s the crass that I grade... the hubris.

“We are NY and we know better!”

As the MCIlrath Jessimans stand to solute

Maybe a little drunk and pissed but it is what it ALWAYS is
Drunk pissed and not seeing the irony of your post

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A+.

Love Kravstov and Miller big time. Two potential home run picks.

Lundkvist is also very intriguing. One of the youngest players in the draft (he’s still 17). From the clips I’ve seen, he’s a smooth skater with nice hands.

If you want to compare Lundkvist to someone, one guy make a lot more sense than others:

Charlie McAvoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad