Rumor: Rasmussen rejected Hawks' offer?

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
No room for a redundant player like him. Rather have a young kid with potential in the lineup over him.

Yeah I think bowman is definitely removing most of the old toys Q likes to use. We will see how this works out.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Desi shoulda got paid when he could have. Why I never hate if guys take the money. He didn't take it and then sucked here and lost out.

i really think Desi may not even make the team this yr. esp if all the talent, while on paper, comes in and impresses.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah I think bowman is definitely removing most of the old toys Q likes to use. We will see how this works out.

i personally don't think he, SB is doing it on purpose. he is retooling the team to extend the chance of winning.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I think Stan is doing him a favor by not qualifying him. He let's him go to Chose his new Team instead of dragging it on and trading him for a 6th later...
Rasmussen is hardly a loss

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Well there was rumors of him considering leaving to go back to Sweden last summer. So if they know he wouldn't sign the low QF it makes sense to not give it to him anyway.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
For anyone with a Rasmussen avatar, please change it. Thank you for your sensitivity.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I read that Moose turned down an extension in March (probably similar to Kero's 2yr/750k aav).

Hawks don't see to play the hardball game. Not going to be missed.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I read that Moose turned down an extension in March (probably similar to Kero's 2yr/750k aav).

Hawks don't see to play the hardball game. Not going to be missed.

This is a stupid reason to let a player go. You QO him and you have him for at least a season at 650K. He's not an impact player, but he's great at shot suppression and PKing, which the Blackhawks are going to need players to do.

I don't get it. It's pure organizational ego.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This is a stupid reason to let a player go. You QO him and you have him for at least a season at 650K. He's not an impact player, but he's great at shot suppression and PKing, which the Blackhawks are going to need players to do.

I don't get it. It's pure organizational ego.

I mean, clearly they feel they can get those things from other options, either internally or via free agency/trade market.

Until they are lacking those things next season then I'm not going to assume they made a mistake here. As others have said, Moose was the epitome of 'just a guy'.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Frankly, I think Kero is more 'just a guy' than Ras. Ras was at least very good defensively. Kero isn't good at anything.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Frankly, I think Kero is more 'just a guy' than Ras. Ras was at least very good defensively. Kero isn't good at anything.

Comments like this make it look like you have no idea what you are watching or talking about. Kero is a better hockey player than Moose and it is pretty obvious if you watch the two play.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Comments like this make it look like you have no idea what you are watching or talking about.

Kero is a below average hockey player that excels at literally nothing. He's the TVR of the forward core.

Moose isn't good offensively at all, but is actually very good defensively.

Kero is not great offensively. Kero is not great defensively.

And I'm hardly the only one who thinks so.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You changed the tweet.

BlackhawksBreakdown. Great with numbers clueless about how hockey is played. The person literally does not understand the concept that switching teams will impact how players will do. You can see it in their analysis of Connor Murphy.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
He is an decent bottom 6 player who has some offensive instincts and is defensively responsible.

His shot suppression is literally trash. :laugh:

Md9Buif.png

You changed the tweet.

BlackhawksBreakdown. Great with numbers clueless about how hockey is played. The person literally does not understand the concept that switching teams will impact how players will do. You can see it in their analysis of Connor Murphy.

Kero played on the Blackhawks. He's not going to get a boost by playing on.... the Blackhawks next season.

He is what he is. A sub-par player. A straight up POOR defensive player.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Do you not think shot suppression is a team stat?

Of course. But team stats are impacted by the players on the ice.

Those numbers are his on-ice per/60 numbers. The Blackhawks were a bad defensive team, but they weren't THAT bad.

Look at Kruger, for example, who obviously handled the toughest zone starts on the team, and against tougher competition than Kero.

7pWSpWN.png

I agree that Ras is just a guy. He's a strong defensive player with virtually no other NHL level skills. But he's a better 'guy' than Kero, because Kero is worse than 'just a guy'. He's poor.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Kero was also awful at pking and stats of goals n shots off when he was out there showcase it. It was noticeable how often great open shots were going in because he was too slow to rotate and cover a guy up in the T zone a Moose, AA, or Kruger were abe to cover. Just like Desji always struggled in the scheme there while someone like Ben Smith was much better.

Though I figured they will have a different PK system so who knows if that helps Kero but he showed nothing solid defensively so far.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
This supports my view that Kero should be a 4th line winger and nothing more. I do not want him playing C unless injuries strike and if I see one more theoretical lineup with Kero penciled in as the 3rd line center I am going to puke. If you go into a season with Kero as your 3rd line C you are basically giving up on the season because your C depth is absolute trash.

He is a cheap 4th line W that can fill in at C if injury strikes. Nothing more.

Ras was the same. Neither should be taking regular shifts at C on a contending team.

Hawks have one unproven, but good potential bottom 6 C (Dauphin). If they trade Kruger they need to bring in a replacement. KERO IS NOT THE ANSWER.

EDIT: Ideally he is actually the 13th forward that can fill in at any spot when needed. He is a utility player.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Of course. But team stats are impacted by the players on the ice.

Those numbers are his on-ice per/60 numbers. The Blackhawks were a bad defensive team, but they weren't THAT bad.

Look at Kruger, for example, who obviously handled the toughest zone starts on the team, and against tougher competition than Kero.

I agree that Ras is just a guy. He's a strong defensive player with virtually no other NHL level skills. But he's a better 'guy' than Kero, because Kero is worse than 'just a guy'. He's poor.

Kruger played with who the most? What about Moose and Kero? Shot suppresion is completely a team stat. I would look but Behind the Net is not updated and I forgot the other site.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Just simply watching it is noticeable about what Kero did. He just happened to get some good goal bounces but he also has pretty securely the worst total shots for and against numbers next to Hino.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad