Rumor: Rasmussen rejected Hawks' offer?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
What we see with him is all we are ever going to get, there is likely no real big improvement from him. He is a fringe NHL player and I would rather see him off the roster and the Hawks go a different direction.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
What we see with him is all we are ever going to get, there is likely no real big improvement from him. He is a fringe NHL player and I would rather see him off the roster and the Hawks go a different direction.

With who exactly?

I don't see Q changing up his deployment strategy. There's going to be a human shield line that soaks up the Dzone starts. Who is better suited to it than Ras? Jurco is a winger. Kero isn't as good defensively, and is a far better winger than he is a center anyway.

It's not like he's taking a roster spot away from Hino or Debrincat, neither guy has any business on a 4th line as a checking winger.

As a cheap 4th line shutdown guy Ras is a perfectly fine option. He's a poor man's Kruger. Ok, no, he's a hobo's version of Kruger, but he's the best we have atm.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
With who exactly?

I don't see Q changing up his deployment strategy. There's going to be a human shield line that soaks up the Dzone starts. Who is better suited to it than Ras? Jurco is a winger. Kero isn't as good defensively, and is a far better winger than he is a center anyway.

It's not like he's taking a roster spot away from Hino or Debrincat, neither guy has any business on a 4th line as a checking winger.

As a cheap 4th line shutdown guy Ras is a perfectly fine option. He's a poor man's Kruger. Ok, no, he's a hobo's version of Kruger, but he's the best we have atm.

I'm just not much on him. If he doesn't agree to the Hawks terms I wouldn't go any higher. Just my opinion, I would rather go with someone else.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
With who exactly?

Tom Pyatt
Nate Thompson

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think the Hawks resign Jurco and Moose @ 650k AAV, but I also hope they have a few PTO's like Nate Thompson, Dominic Moore, etc, to compete for a spot. Tootoo, Jurco, Moose and Hino should all be Rockford bound if they don't improve on last year.

At least I think that would be decent strategy as I'm not sold on our 4th line at all outside Hayden and to a lesser extent Kero.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
BTW, you can't technically reject a QO and stay in the NHL especially when one has no arbitration rights.

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
Dumb decision by Dennis, Q loves him, here he have a spot, or at least some respect by the coaching staff, this is too much for a guy who doesn't bring nothing to this club, he will need to work a lot and fight for a place if he choose to play for another team.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...mussen-to-become-unrestricted-free-agent/amp/

Look, I'm not going to lose sleep over losing Rasmussen, but if you're not QOing a guy and straight-up scratching him just because he turned down a contract, that might be the worst way to run a hockey team I've ever heard of.

My concern is that they honestly believe Kero is capable of playing as a shut-down center.

And JFC if this team puts Tootoo in the lineup when they couldn't be bothered to bring back Raz for less money on a QO...

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...mussen-to-become-unrestricted-free-agent/amp/

Look, I'm not going to lose sleep over losing Rasmussen, but if you're not QOing a guy and straight-up scratching him just because he turned down a contract, that might be the worst way to run a hockey team I've ever heard of.

My concern is that they honestly believe Kero is capable of playing as a shut-down center.

And JFC if this team puts Tootoo in the lineup when they couldn't be bothered to bring back Raz for less money on a QO...

i see Raz as nothing more than a line 4, maybe stretching a line 3 kind of players. the thing is, this team going into training camp will have building blocks for line 3-4 in the young kids. to use them there sporadically, to give them nhl experience, esp if they are ready for the jump.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Desi shoulda got paid when he could have. Why I never hate if guys take the money. He didn't take it and then sucked here and lost out.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Desi shoulda got paid when he could have. Why I never hate if guys take the money. He didn't take it and then sucked here and lost out.

I was thinking Vegas for him. Great chance to get some ice time, team is gonna blow and there will be no young guys threatening his spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad