Rumor: Rasmussen rejected Hawks' offer?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Nothing of value would be lost if Rasmussen departs

If he doesn't like what Hawks are offering then they should have no hesitation about moving on

ehhh somewhat disagree. Hes a decent 4th line center and plays solid defense. Dont know who we would move into that spot otherwise. Unless they pick up someone else and move kero down. But do agree dont overpay him by any means

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Just let him sit out there and if he doesn't accept, he can go back to Europe.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
How close is Highmore to being ready? Skated well and wins draws right?

I am sure they will get it figured out. Maybe Stan decided/learned not to overpay a 4th line center.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Just let him sit out there and if he doesn't accept, he can go back to Europe.

Nothing of value would be lost if Rasmussen departs

If he doesn't like what Hawks are offering then they should have no hesitation about moving on

Completely agree. He is the definition of "just a guy".

Eminently replaceable.

Completely agree with all these posts.

Couldn't careless to see him back next year.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well, I remember 50 saying on this board he guarantees he'll be on the roster this coming season or something like that...

50 says a lot of things but I tend to trust his takes on the CHL guys as he seems to watch every single game somehow (not a slight or dig at 50).

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
In most years, wouldnt care if Ras walks. The season we lose Kruger though, we need all the competent shot suppression forwards we can get to try and fill the void by commitee.

He's a useful 4th liner.

If he's not selected in expansion draft, the Blackhawks submit a QO and he's back regardless.

Both Rasmussen and Jurco should be everyday players in the lineup next year. Ill have zero patience gor Q icing Tootoo or the Mashinters of the world.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Maybe Highmore plays differently when he knows Fiddy is watching at home but I just don't see how he's NHL ready... granted I diddnt have as many viewings as he did. As an overager I feel like you should be standing out more if your going to make any impact in the NHL. Each time I saw Highmore he reminded me of Kero with a little bit better of a skill set.

There were people that ripped 19 year old DeBrincats Memorial Cup performance for not producing enough (2g 8a 10pts) and said he's not ready for the NHL because of it. However, 21 year old Highmore had just 3 assists. I don't get how the overager gets the benefit of the doubt while the 19 year old breaking scoring records doesn't.

I'd love to be wrong about Highmore but unless he played a few bad games when I saw him, I just don't see him making any kind of impact in the NHL next season. Here's to hoping I eat these words next year :cheers:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Big body, showed a little net presence, but easily replaceable----either wanted back to Sweden or got bad advice from agent mis-reading the Hawks level of desperation.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Big body, showed a little net presence, but easily replaceable----either wanted back to Sweden or got bad advice from agent mis-reading the Hawks level of desperation.

Like I said earlier I think it's more expansion draft related. Might be planning on signing at league minimum and doesn't wanna run the risk of getting selected and having to play at league min for an expansion franchise.

Mark generally isn't the brightest hockey mind but he seems to be picking up the same info:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
If Rasmussen is smart, he accepts a 1 year 0.7 contract. He'd get guaranteed his spot as Long as he Shows up and could get paid next year.
If not, nothing lost.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If Rasmussen is smart, he accepts a 1 year 0.7 contract. He'd get guaranteed his spot as Long as he Shows up and could get paid next year.
If not, nothing lost.

for discussion only..... i think if he feels that he is worth more and that the hawks org didn't use him the right way.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
then bye bye Mr. Ras, hello whoever and thank you for your Services.

and that is the point i was hedging for. then i would like to know what he or his camp is asking for..... but i agree with your point.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Like I said earlier I think it's more expansion draft related. Might be planning on signing at league minimum and doesn't wanna run the risk of getting selected and having to play at league min for an expansion franchise.

Mark generally isn't the brightest hockey mind but he seems to be picking up the same info:

Explains it all. Thanks for citing those tweets. Ras will be back for league minimum or very close. Sharpie.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL

This makes a lot of sense. Ras should be a serviceable 4th line center next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad