Recalled/Assigned: Rasmussen recalled

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I wonder if the game on Sunday was too short notice to get Ras into the lineup. I know GR had a 4pm game, so they probably didn't want to put the Griffins staff in a pinch. That being said, the Wings played without Fabbri and Larkin on Sunday, so they could manage if it was going to be a shorter term absence for either of them. I would anticipate Ras stepping in for sure, and I'd be completely okay if you just slotted him in immediately on the top line and give him a little test drive at the top of the lineup. Part of me wonders who is going to be out of the lineup.

With the angst that everyone has around Mantha, could we see him get benched again? Feels like a stretch with how short handed the team is, but maybe it's the only thing that Blashill feels will work to light a fire.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Good to see Ras get in. I'm hoping the kid makes the most of his icetime tonight. He should be getting 1st or 2nd line minutes in Fabbri and Larkin's absence.

...Unless Blashill puts him on the 4th line with Fillpula as the first line center again.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Good to see Ras get in. I'm hoping the kid makes the most of his icetime tonight. He should be getting 1st or 2nd line minutes in Fabbri and Larkin's absence.

...Unless Blashill puts him on the 4th line with Fillpula as the first line center again.

I’d like to see Rass go up top with mantha and Ryan. something like this would be nice.

Mantha- Rass- Ryan
Zadina- vladdy- Svech
Helm- glenny- Erne
Brome- Fil- gagner

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I wonder if the game on Sunday was too short notice to get Ras into the lineup. I know GR had a 4pm game, so they probably didn't want to put the Griffins staff in a pinch. That being said, the Wings played without Fabbri and Larkin on Sunday, so they could manage if it was going to be a shorter term absence for either of them. I would anticipate Ras stepping in for sure, and I'd be completely okay if you just slotted him in immediately on the top line and give him a little test drive at the top of the lineup. Part of me wonders who is going to be out of the lineup.

With the angst that everyone has around Mantha, could we see him get benched again? Feels like a stretch with how short handed the team is, but maybe it's the only thing that Blashill feels will work to light a fire.

He had a 4pm game 12 miles from where the Wings were playing. They were in the same city...

Glad to see him up, I hope he sticks for good this time.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Who says it is fiction?
Well obviously "important impact" player is a unique term and only Dotter can define that for himself but so far in their careers Necas is scoring at a 0.58 PPG pace, Vilardi at 0.53PPG pace and Rasmussen at 0.3 PPG pace

The majority of Rasmussen games came too early in his career, though, so we still do have to see how the next few years unfold but yeah so far I'd say the guys who most fans on this site expected to score like top 6 C/W players in this discussion have been doing so, while Rasmussen is a little bit more of a question mark still, but if he sticks with this call up we might be able to form a bit more of a proper opinion on his production and future role

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Well obviously "important impact" player is a unique term and only Dotter can define that for himself but so far in their careers Necas is scoring at a 0.58 PPG pace, Vilardi at 0.53PPG pace and Rasmussen at 0.3 PPG pace

The majority of Rasmussen games came too early in his career, though, so we still do have to see how the next few years unfold but yeah so far I'd say the guys who most fans on this site expected to score like top 6 C/W players in this discussion have been doing so, while Rasmussen is a little bit more of a question mark still, but if he sticks with this call up we might be able to form a bit more of a proper opinion on his production and future role

Anyone that watches teams outside of Detroit. It is highly unlikely that Rasmussen will be a more impact player than Vilardi and especislly Necas.

Because 21 year olds are finished products? Dotter thinks that Ras will be more impactful. He didn't say he IS more impactful. We all know big guys take longer to develop.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
If you're gonna dream, dream big.

Knowing Blash though, I would not be surprised at all if LGD winds up being 1C, lol. At least he'll win the FO, so the team will control the puck for the first 30 seconds of the game.

This means that the injuries to Larkin and Fabbri are worse than I hoped. Not good.
Yea because our D won't immediately take the faceoff win and slap it down the ice randomly.

Oh yea forgot Ericsson is gone.

Reactions: golffuul

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
He had a 4pm game 12 miles from where the Wings were playing. They were in the same city...

Glad to see him up, I hope he sticks for good this time.

But if you consider that it was due to Fabbri being out, likely determined Sunday morning, are you going to make all these rushed decisions and screw over Grand Rapids who have been getting prepped for a game at 4pm?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
But if you consider that it was due to Fabbri being out, likely determined Sunday morning, are you going to make all these rushed decisions and screw over Grand Rapids who have been getting prepped for a game at 4pm?

Seeing as the Griffins got hammered 8-4 and the Wings got shelled 7-2, maybe they should have thought about it...

I am serious though that the Wolves and Hawks play very close. It could have been done pretty easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad